• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magni

This is exactly why I asked the question because I feared that only republicans would show up on the ballot. The thing is that republicans seem so against the proposition it confuses me. According to Wikipedia Louisiana has had the system since 1978 although California and Washington just change the system in 2010, so I am not sure if there is not enough data if it can be successful or not. I might just leave it blank on the ballot.

Did you notice any changes in this election then previous elections?

If many Repubs show up on the ballot, they split the vote amongst each other leaving room for a Democrat or third party.

I only started voting in 2010 so I don't have much experience with the previous system, but it's what we have in France (I'm a dual-citizen and also vote there) and it makes it much easier for third parties to even be viable (though with the exception of the Front National in 2002, none have ever made it to the second round of the presidential elections so far).

First round: vote offensively
Second round: vote defensively (unless you're lucky to have your favorite in the second round)

This killed me for some reason. I probably need some sleep.

Oh they'll be trouble. trouble all right. Lots of trouble...

...for you!

bush002.gif

edit:
Nate Silver ‏@fivethirtyeight
@Redistrict @ElectProject: Yeah. They say 249,403 by mail. (http://boe.cuyahogacounty.us/pdf_boe/en-US/2012/AbsenteeVoterbyCityReport11062012.pdf …) + 42,511 in person. (http://boe.cuyahogacounty.us/pdf_boe/en-US/2012/2008_2012InHouseVotingDailyComparison.pdf …)

jiggle

lol colbert to nate
"are you trying to put the pundits out of work? because cnn doesn't need any more help"

edit: oh noes we crossed the 20kalypse

Listening to guys in line for halo 4 talk about the election is the one of the few things more entertaining than this thread.

"I think romney is going to win PA"

"FatGuy: I think he'll will by 380 votes
Dumb kid: Is that all you need?
FatGuy: No you only need 237"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom