• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July 2015: Rocket League, Styx, rain, Mousecraft, Geometry Wars 3, Entwined

Can't remember the last time I downloaded a PS+ game, played it, and thought it was worth keeping.

Think I might just let my sub lapse when it runs out. PS+ games are only worth it if you have a PS3, IMO.

WTF this thread is getting worse and worse and even more stupid lol.

For fuck sake even without a sale, 1 year sub for 60$ is like 5$ per MONTH. You have the privilege to play online for like 16cent per DAY. 16 FUCKING CENT...TO PLAY ONLINE.

16 fucking cent guys. Oh but no, you don't only get to play online. THEY GIVE FREE GAMES. some 5-20$ games. 6 free games per month for 16 freaking cent.

Even if you don't care about online or even if you're the kinda guys that reaaaaaally really hate FREE stuff. For only 16 cent per DAY you get acces to exclusive deal of your non-existant favorite game that you really don't want because every game sucks

Oh you hate saving money too? Well i guess 16 cent per day for PS plus can get you advantage too, automatic game update, online game save with not only 1GB, but ..1GB yeah... THATS HUGE BRUH

My 16 cent.

WOW what a terrible and anti-consumer attitude. First you don't get to value MY money or anyone ELSE' money. As I don't get to value yours or anyone else' money. PS+ is a service regardless of how much it cost daily/montly/yearly or per century and people can display disconform with said service.

Also the games are not free. They don't charge you more for them but you are already paying a subscription fee. PS+ as a service is (on PS4 at least) Games+Online+Cloud saving+Discounts+some other smaller stuff, that is what everyone is paying for. And they can show comfort or discomfort as much as they want.

PS4 games keep getting worse. Give us a real full games.

Jesus fuck jesus, what is wrong with some of you people. This just gets so frustrating after a while.

These threads every month would be perfect for building a pretty solid ignore list though. Just look for the buzzwords like the above 'real full games.'

Briarios

If only everyone who complains and says they're going to let their sub lapse would do so and stay out of these threads, it would be so much nicer and more positive. The negativity of some people is just so overwhelming ...

Xenthar

WOW what a terrible and anti-consumer attitude. First you don't get to value MY money or anyone ELSE' money. As I don't get to value yours or anyone else' money. PS+ is a service regardless of how much it cost daily/montly/yearly or per century and people can display disconform with said service.

Also the games are not free. They don't charge you more for them but you are already paying a subscription fee. PS+ as a service is (on PS4 at least) Games+Online+Cloud saving+Discounts+some other smaller stuff, that is what everyone is paying for. And they can show comfort or discomfort as much as they want.

Dude i'm paying 16 cent to play Rocket League at launch, saving 20$. On top of that i got access to play it online. They're literally paying me to play a game that i'm sure will have lots of fun with.

In fact, i got a 1 year sub for free when i got my ps4 a few month ago. i'm not even paying 16 cent per day. Every month i feel almost bad and feel like donating to sony and all those devs lol

Tizoc

Good for you, I guess?

So, we have to pay a penance of droll experience for games to get good, and that's an acceptable thing?
5 mins. does not equate to droll experience.
Nor would 15 mins.
I've played various Ys games and they all start slow, but after a while, boom games give me that epic Falcom gaming goodness.
I don't buy into that line of thinking. While I won't dismiss a game outright after 5 minutes, once I get to the 30-minute mark... I'm already drawing conclusions about it and asking myself if I should continue or not. After an hour, if I'm not mostly sold on it, I stop playing and almost never go back.
True there are games that are like that, but I don't see many of the Plus offerings being like that.
Though that's likely because I don't care for PS4 offerings if they don't interest me :p
I don't prefer to waste my gaming time on efforts that eventually get good. The games have to draw me in sooner-- or at least convince me within the first hour that they're worth continuing on with.

No it's worth it if the game has good rep. behind it, in the case of July's PS4 offerings? Both Rocket League and Styx offer an interesting gaming experience, long as you go in with an open mind and not expecting AAA gaming fluff and flashiness.

I've been wanting to buy Styx so this is great.

I was planning on buying Rocket League so this makes it even better.

And I was always interested in Rain, so now's the perfect time to finally give it a try.

Most exciting month for me since Transistor.

Dude i'm paying 16 cent to play Rocket League at launch, saving 20$. On top of that i got access to play it online. They're literally paying me to play a game that i'm sure will have lots of fun with.

In fact, i got a 1 year sub for free when i got my ps4 a few month ago. i'm not even paying 16 cent per day. Every month i feel almost bad and feel like donating to sony and all those devs lol

And? How does that make you competent to value how I expend my "16 cents" per day? or to tell me about the perceived value I get for those "16 cents" per day?

I take no issue in people enjoying the offerings of PS+, but you shouldn't take issue on people no seeing value at all in the same offerings.

Sony is not paying you to play Rocket League, how did your mind even come to this conclusion? You pay $50 or whatever for plus and get to rent games every month as long as you keep your subscription. I personally don't like the offerings we are getting because I am not a big fan of indie games, or at least the ones that have been given away since February when I got my PS4. It would be nice if Sony threw us some retail titles like Killzone SF, InFAMOUS SS, Knack, etc more often.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
And? How does that make you competent to value how I expend my "16 cents" per day? or to tell me about the perceived value I get for those "16 cents" per day?

I take no issue in people enjoying the offerings of PS+, but you shouldn't take issue on people no seeing value at all in the same offerings.

People should take issue with people calling indie titles not real games. That is just beyond fucking stupid.

Petrae

People should take issue with people calling indie titles not real games. That is just beyond fucking stupid.

I do stand behind this. No interest/dislike in != not real games. I think there'd be even slightly fewer angry people if this distinction was made clearer.

DSix

Banned
Styx is awesome, brilliant stealth, completed by close to perfect level-design, and a pretty interesting plot to boot. I don't even begin to understand how anybody could call it terrible.

What I like about PS+ is that there is usually a game that I'd like to buy, like Rocket League, but I wouldn't put down $15-$20 for it. Doesn't happen every month, but in all it helps me save more than what I pay for PS+.

Does anyone know how much content is in Rocket League? Like, is it just the main event or are there challenges and other stuff you can do?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Rocket League is the best game they have offered to date.

Multi-player GOTY and I love Splatoon. Rocket League is just so damn good. They deserve my $20 for the split-screen alone. Get 4player split-screen from a AAA game, ya turkeys.

I've seen an equal amount of people doing the opposite here for retail games.

People are way too defensive in here. It's clear there would be backlash and disappointment considering how strong the offerings were and still kind of are on PS3. There are many of us who are subbed with the hope of the PS3 like content being released on Plus, but are indirectly just paying for multiplayer access at the moment.

PS Plus was never meant for everyone but we are approaching 2 years into the PS4's life cycle. It's not unreasonable to ask for meatier content. Also who in the world gets the idea that Sony is paying me to play their games? That is probably the dumbest thing I've read in a while now.

Best wishes.

Xenthar

Sony is not paying you to play Rocket League, how did your mind even come to this conclusion? You pay $50 or whatever for plus and get to rent games every month as long as you keep your subscription. I personally don't like the offerings we are getting because I am not a big fan of indie games, or at least the ones that have been given away since February when I got my PS4. It would be nice if Sony threw us some retail titles like Killzone SF, InFAMOUS SS, Knack, etc more often.

As i said, i got a 1 year sub for free when i got my ps4 around the same time as you. Sony are paying me 20$ ( that i would of spent on Rocket League ) so i can play it without spending that money. Even if i had to pay that HUGE 16 cent per day man i'd do it twice =P

Retail game would be nice for every one of course, but don't worry, it will come. It's not like we were 4-5 years since the ps4 came out, Patience guys!

Edit : Knack was on sale a few month ago on ps store ( NA ) for a miserable 5 dollar. As much as i think the game is boring to me and almost regret that 5$, the game is definitely worth at least 20 buck, it was a steal for 5$. But yet, people want free stuff.

thinking about it... if people on neogaf want that game so badly to be on ps plus for free, why are they not just buying it. It's not even rare or hard to find and is very cheap and probably worth it if they want that game so bad

Three

I do stand behind this. No interest/dislike in != not real games. I think there'd be even slightly fewer angry people if this distinction was made clearer.

So no interest in a game where the developer is the publisher? Still doesn't seem rational. Indie isn't a type of game.

Facism

"16 CENTS A DAY FOR THE PRIVILEGE TO PLAY ONLINE."

Howling.

Gteat month for plus gonna get my rocket league up with the footybros and give styx a good shot. Almost bought it in the steam dale after a gaffer recommendation

Pound for pound, Indie games are consistently better that triple A games. I can't wait for rocket league, and I can't wait for the summer of indie games sony is building (rapture, volume, galakz). I'm pretty sure an indie promotion is coming soon because of the huge list of indies that still haven't come out.

Sidebar.
I've noticed some people here using signatures in their posts.
Post signatures are dumb.
This isn't an e-mail thread. This ain't your damn Outlook client.
You're not actually wishing anyone best wishes. You're being a dummy.

Yours,
Franck

PEACE

ox420omgxoYOLOxoxo

nib95

Banned
I'll take Rocket League thanks! Already have Driveclub, but the PS+ version finally getting in is a good score for all those who haven't played it yet.

Kinda disappointed with Rocket League being there, 'cause If any game deserves your money, it's this one. More than happy to pony up for Psyonix.

Hopefully it's NA only and I won't have a choice!

We're seeing the benefits of competition. Regardless if you like this month's ps plus games, Microsoft is busting their ass to try and catch up between GWG and BC. It's a good time to be an X1 owner.

FTFY, Sony isn't moving a finger from their comfort zone currently and most likely never will.

Xenthar

Kinda disappointed with Rocket League being there, 'cause If any game deserves your money, it's this one. More than happy to pony up for Psyonix.

Hopefully it's NA only and I won't have a choice!

I will definitely support them with paid dlc ( if worth it if course ) Game looks like pure fun

Top Bottom