• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July 2015: Rocket League, Styx, rain, Mousecraft, Geometry Wars 3, Entwined

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
You can always double dip for the steam version.

This is what I'm doing. Get it on the work laptop and keep a troller in the backpack. Rocket League worldwide, mother fuckers. Work can't separate me from my one true love.

Bl@de

i just got a ps+ membership for the first time for 3 months. this does not convince me that i should renew after it expires.

Same here. My membership will expire July 18th. Not going to renew it until I will play multiplayer again. And that rarely happens. Maybe sometime next year for Dark Souls 3.

Apathy

SIatrLHl.png

Only 18 days left. If the content of this paid service doesn't improve it's going to be a very long time before I bother subscribing again.

If only it were true that you would let your sub sub lapse. Maybe then these threads will stop getting derailed.

hohoXD123

Apparently every month of Plus has been shit for many users so the question is, why do people subscribe? Usually when I don't like what a service offers for months at a time I cancel my subscription or don't renew. It's pretty unhealthy to continually pay for a service just so you can bitch and complain about it on message boards.

Anyways I think this month is great. Rocket League looks amazing and I am so looking forward to Geometry Wars on my Vita.
Because they either bought a chunk of membership in advance or they have years of previous PS+ games they don't want to lose access to. Once subscriptions end and interest is lost in the games, there won't be much reason to renew.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So stoked to try Rocket League. Was considering purchasing it, now I don't have to.

Had Black Flag (and yet to play it) since launch. It was my Amazon buy 2 get one free. So personally am glad it was not an almost two year old launch game that everyone already played if they were ever interested in playing it. You can get that shit for $5-$10 now in some stores.

At least it wasn't Pool again for a 4th or 5th month in a row (lost count it was so much). Now GWG is all of a sudden champion? Such short memories gamers have.

I'll take new game releases any day.

If only it were true that you would let your sub sub lapse. Maybe then these threads will stop getting derailed.

Why you here in this thread bro? We got nothing to do but not talk about games being provided this month. Pshh!!!11!!111

Seems like everyone want games that they either own or publisher don't care about. I am personally happy because I don't own most of the games they are giving away lately and are something I may personally not buy at full price because there are just far too many titles that get lost in the marketplace and forgotten, and deserves a playthrough.

I am also happy that Rocket League, a brand new game and sequel to a really fun PS3 game, is being provided to us. It also supports PC/PS4 cross platform multiplayer and thats freaking good.

Styx looks like a fun Stealth game with emphasis on how stealthy you approach. I love Stealth games. Mousecraft is fun. Geometry Wars 3 has 2 player co-op on the same Vita and it's 60fps goodness! I always wanted to try Entwined ever since it was shown at E3. rain always intrigued me and seems like a fun puzzle game.

Is there ANYONE here who owns atleast 50% of the games in this month's offering? Did you guys play last month's titles? Shogun is super fun and a cross between Risk and PC RTS. MGS is godly,

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but shitting on a game that you don't even give a chance is quite a disappointing approach to gaming, just because you've not heard of it or haven't seen someone shill it to death. Publishers will not give you their best selling titles, period. They make them money, and you may never see it unless you already own it and they want to gauge interest in their newest iteration.

BTA

All this month is doing for me is reminding me that I never actually played Rain and that I should get on that. At least I got it on sale, if I'm remembering correctly.

Petrae

Apparently every month of Plus has been shit for many users so the question is, why do people subscribe? Usually when I don't like what a service offers for months at a time I cancel my subscription or don't renew. It's pretty unhealthy to continually pay for a service just so you can bitch and complain about it on message boards.

I am a subscriber currently because the sub came with the PS4 when I bought it back in March. That gives Sony a year to win me over as a potential paying subscriber if I renew... but the games so far have not been appealing to me at all. Combine that with the fact that I'm a solo game player (little, if any, multiplayer), and there's unfortunately been nothing to convince me that I shouldn't just let the service lapse.

20 bucks for rocket league would have resulted in rather poor sales and low online population imo.
It kinda looks like a 5 dollar mobile game but the gameplay is amazing. It has a learning curve though, aerial controls require hardcore skills.

Perfect PS+ game.
Really terrible opinions in this thread.

Guess it comes with the territory of complaining about not getting one specific game for free.

GodofWine

20 bucks for rocket league would have resulted in rather poor sales and low online population imo.
It kinda looks like a 5 dollar mobile game but the gameplay is amazing. It has a learning curve though, aerial controls require hardcore skills.

Perfect PS+ game.

You must not have been in the beta, its the most fun I've had playing a "sports game",since NHL 94

Apparently every month of Plus has been shit for many users so the question is, why do people subscribe?

Because Sony put online behind the paywall. And the service is the full thing games+online+cloud saving, even if I am not OK with paying for online (I still can believe sony got away with it with 0 backlash) I have too pay for it because the market seems to be ok with it on general terms. And then we have the current state of games selection on PS+ which like many people pointed out already has seen a drop in quality on the games offered that can't be denied.

If paying for online weren't a thing on PS4 I would have cancel my subscription long ago because the quality of the games on PS+ currently has been nothing but terrible since the release of PS4.

Mindlog

You find a lot of satisfied cable customers on message boards?
From a US perspective that would be pretty odd.

I've kept my subscription because of the great value-add with PS4 MP support. Very happy I have to pay for MP this gen. It's the bees knees.

I'd never even heard of Styx, and despite the middling reviews, I'm quite interested.

Here's a pretty good quick look that got me interested

I honestly created a long post for this month's PS+ titles. I think no one is doing these games justice by just putting up names and not putting link to gameplay videos so thanks for this. I think everyone has made up their mind on shitting on all games that are not 50 million dollar projects, whether good or bad.

GodofWine

Beta was fun, like I said..

I missed that completely...I can admit it.

I will assume you didn't think it was REALLY FUN. I've paid 60 for AAA clunkers, 20 for something I felt was more fun than anything else I own, yea I would have done that.

I'm gonna go practice my reading.

I missed that completely...I can admit it.

I will assume you didn't think it was REALLY FUN. I've paid 60 for AAA clunkers, 20 for something I felt was more fun than anything else I own, yea I would have done that.

I'm gonna go practice my reading.

Before playing the beta I probably wouldn't have considered buying this to be honest but I think this franchise could really get a boost by being a ps+ entry.

All this Black Flag talk makes me hope for some discount for it. It sounds incredible from the amount of praise it is getting here.

How's Mousecraft?

BadWolf

Anyways I think this month is great. Rocket League looks amazing and I am so looking forward to Geometry Wars on my Vita.

You can't just stop your subscription, it has to end. Most people buy it by the year.

Hasney

Sometimes I think they should just end the games. I mean it's lose/lose all the time. I own all the retail games I want other than wanting to replay Knack, so even average first run games are better than that. If it was Guilty Gear and Ass Creed, then I'd be disappointed.

I'd rather have the games we're getting now and even if they're average, at least I don't have them. Rocket League is just the definition of nice surprise.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Styx Master of Shadows and Mousecraft, nice. I got Rain and Entwined already. Might check out Rocket league.

I will grab all I dont have regardless. But I almost pulled the trigger on Styx a few times. Mousecraft too.

GFG is getting Black Flag, one of the best (if not the best) assassins creed games, meanwhile PS+ got Rocket soccer or whatever which is most likely an american studio take on Soccer because "soccer can't be fun on its own, you have to have big trucks or whatever"

A game that came out two years ago, that everybody who bought an Xbox One since November of last year got it for free, that people who waited bought it online for $5 cause of ebay, that only a few will get it when it comes out next month for GWG?

Yeah buddy, I'm sure everybody with an Xbox One will enjoy it next month.

meanspartan

Because multiplayer.

Geometry Wars, son!

Also, everyone seems to be really excited about Rocket League, so I'm going to give it some time.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Knack, no wait, I mean Super Mega Baseball to come up for free some month soon because more people should be playing that.

I hope eventually we get some stuff like Sword Art Online for the PS4 or SteinsGate. I think alot of these games that have been ported to the PS4 from the Vita (like Toukiden) would make prime candidates for Plus.

Petrae

Sometimes I think they should just end the games. I mean it's lose/lose all the time. I own all the retail games I want other than wanting to replay Knack, so even average first run games are better than that. If it was Guilty Gear and Ass Creed, then I'd be disappointed.

I'd rather have the games we're getting now and even if they're average, at least I don't have them. Rocket League is just the definition of nice surprise.

I wouldn't mind a games-less tier of PS+, where it was just online/multiplayer play for a bit cheaper.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
A game that came out two years ago, that everybody who bought an Xbox One since November of last year got it for free, that people who waited bought it online for $5 cause of ebay, that only a few will get it when it comes out next month for GWG?

Yeah buddy, I'm sure everybody with an Xbox One will enjoy it next month.

Amazing how people were in hiding for 4 months in a row of Pool Nation. This thread is whack.

This'll be my second ps plus month (I got a PS4 a few weeks ago). If Rocket League is the standard of game that subscribers get for free, then I am very excited. The game looks amazingly fun to play. :)

Fbh

Rocket Legue!!!, Awesome.
It looks like a lot of fun and I remember there being a beta thread here where most people liked it. There was also a "Just Playerd" on GT where they loved it.
Other stuff looks decent. Styx looks like the type of game I want to try out but not enough to buy it, so it's perfect for Ps+

Good month IMO. I'd take Rocket Legue over Knack or Killzone

Mentok

Banned
I'm perfectly happy with getting Rockey League. PS+ has given me games I would've bought but don't need to. Particularly indy games, because I game with a budget. That added savings can go towards a AAA game (sure you could make the argument that I'm still paying for online, but I'm saying on top of that. They don't NEED to give any games at all). Got to play Spelunky, Guacamelee, Velocity and BoI:Rebirth through plus (hell, BoI:Rebirth has been one of my most played games), now I'll add Rocket League to that.

the210

Why is it so hard to understand that different people like different games. I haven't been a big fan of most gAmes on plus since ps4 launch. That is not a crime nor an insult. I just wish the both sides could tone it down a bit. Every month we have to hear how some game is amazing or terrible when odds or its neither. This reminds of of Louis CK's bit the way we talk.

squidyj

Pretty psyched about Rocket League, I played the beta and had a lot of fun but I wasnt sure there'd be a big player base and I wasnt sure if I was willing to pay for it.

barit

I like what I see. Almost bought Styx because it was several times on sale here in EU and it looks somehow interesting. Glad that I waited now I can try it for free. And Rocket League seems to be the second coming of gaming when I read some of the reactions in here. I thought I would never see the day that my fellow americans can get excited over a "soccer" game hehe

Vita is the only letdown. I want some good AAA shit for it again. Still could punch myself in the face for not securing Uncharted:GA when I had the opportunity cuz no Vita at that time.

Top Bottom