• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July 2015: Rocket League, Styx, rain, Mousecraft, Geometry Wars 3, Entwined

I know I am supposed to dig the indie games and say hell yeah awesome month but none of these games appeal to me. They should do Fallout 3 and New Vegas for PS3. Let us see what next month brings.

PSOreo

Are you all really this closed minded? Not giving a game a chance because you've never heard of it?

LOL so because you have not heard of uit or not seem a commercial for it = bad? So close minded.

Did neither of you read the rest of the sentence? I said I looked into the games after not knowing what they are to see what the games were like and what they involved then lost interest. I didn't dismiss them because "I had not heard of them".

dugdug

Banned
Something I've wondered: maybe the quality of IGC has gone down in order to make for room for more flash sales? They've become a pretty regular thing since PS4 launched, and, if you're a Plus member, you often at least get 50% off.

People like to think PS+ is just for IGC, but, its more than that.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Something I've wondered: maybe the quality of IGC has gone down in order to make for room for more flash sales? They've become a pretty regular thing since PS4 launched, and, if you're a Plus member, you often at least get 50% off.

Very good point, but the quality has not gone down, at all. People are just talking shit because there have been 4 months of Pool Nation, and now they can flex their warz with a cross gen launch game the majority of the gaming world has already received for free/heavily discounted, and played.

Wooow, Rocket league as a free game? Awesome! Had a lot of fun playing the beta. Styx looks cool too, i'll give it a try!

edit: just signed in online and they arn't there yet, when are we expecting them the earliest?

If the quality of games keep being as poor as now, I would want Sony just to charge me for online and not give me any "free" games at all. I would be fine paying $30-40 for playing online for a year and since I don't download almost any of the PS+ games may as well stop subsidizing those who do and just pay for the things I do use in the service. Alas that will never happen.

chaosyn

Rocket League looks amazing. I signed up for a beta key, but never got around to playing it. I wanted to try getting my friends on it before jumping in, but schedules didn't work out. Now I don't even have to convince them to buy it. Hyped.

If the quality of games keep being as poor as now, I would want Sony just to charge me for online and not give me any "free" games at all. I would be fine paying $30-40 for playing online for a year and since I don't download almost any of the PS+ games may as well stop subsidizing those who do and just pay for the things I do use in the service. Alas that will never happen.

Oh my god no
Don't listen to this man, he's gone off the deep end and wants Sony to be Microsoft circa OG XBox and 360 days

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ah, another person that doesn't bother to download the games but has no problem declaring them all to be shit. Like clockwork.

Permanently A

Oh my god no
Don't listen to this man, he's gone off the deep end and wants Sony to be Microsoft circa OG XBox and 360 days

I mean, I don't see anything wrong with Sony charging $30-$40 for PS+ without the free games. Giving the consumer more options is always good.

Ah, another person that doesn't bother to download the games but has no problem declaring them all to be shit. Like clockwork.

I stopping downloading them because I play them for 5 minutes think that they aren't worthy even the free price tag and just delete them. From all the PS+ offerings since the release of the PS4 I only stayed with Resogun, Infamous First Light, Transistor and Valiant Hearts. And to be honest I wouldn't mind losing all those games if I get to pay less for online on PS4. I didn't count MGS GZ mostly because I bought that game on release.

So I went and watched some Rocket League 3v3 videos, and I am now sufficiently hyped. It reminds me of Sega Soccer Slam (one of my all-time favorite sports games whether arcade or sim) with RC cars instead of people. I'm all for it.

Jachaos

The IGN Wiki they posted to their front page comparing the two programs' value is hilariously awful. I'm not gonna let them get clicks for such obvious journalistic flame war creating, so I'll sum it up:

They have XBO at 100$ this month but PS+ at 85$ (not counting Rocket Leagues as that's "TBA"). That's also by counting Massive Chalice for a second month in a row. They also have June listed twice, to pad the total value advantages. They also count Assassin's Creed 4 in April so it's counted twice, and count Pool Nation FX for three different months, etc... to sum it up, it's a clusterfuck and they know it.

PS+ used to have more AAA titles but the narrative the biggest site in terms of traffic seems to want to push that Games with Gold is better is simply crazy talk. When you compare the list of titles given out, it's laughable. I hope PS+ goes back to what it was 2 years ago though.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I mean, I don't see anything wrong with Sony charging $30-$40 for PS+ without the free games. Giving the consumer more options is always good.

Options for idiots maybe?

$30-$40 with no games vs. $40-$50 with over 70 games a year and great discounts?

Ummmmmmmmm, who the hell would choose the former?

Oh man this is a fucking great month.

I already own Entwined
and haven't played it yet :/
but the rest of the lineup is awesome.

I was keen on Rocket League but wouldn't have picked it up at full price here so this is great in terms of playing the game while the population is at its peak.
I've heard a few people say that Styx is the game Thief should have been so I'm glad it went + before I ended up buying it. Mousecraft & GeoWars3 are also games I've been tempted by so yeah, really happy with that lineup!

Pretty much this. If PS+ is going to be a let down month after month just give the consumer the option to not get charged for the "free" games and let us pay for just the online and cloud saving, this is not news to anyone but since the release of the PS+ the discontent with PS+ offerings has been really clear on almost every site.

Pretty much this. If PS+ is going to be a let down month after month just give the consumer the option to not get charged for the "free" games and let us pay for just the online and cloud saving, this is not news to anyone but since the release of the PS+ the discontent with PS+ offerings has been really clear on almost every site.

Not happening. Unless MS does the same, it's not happening at all. We shouldn't forget that MS as a company exists. They're both offering similar services.

Petrae

Options for idiots maybe?

$30-$40 with no games vs. $40-$50 with over 70 games a year and great discounts?

Ummmmmmmmm, who the hell would choose the former?

I would. Knowing that the vast majority of the games on offer annually don't interest me, I'd gladly take a discount to be able to take advantage of online play without being offered the games that I don't want anyway.

It would be nice to have the option.

Not happening. Unless MS does the same, it's not happening at all. We shouldn't forget that MS as a company exists. They're both offering similar services.

But this is likely right.

AwShucks

You can already get PS+ for $40 or less many times a year through different sales. Sony isn't going to just reduce their price across the board because some people are not interested in the free games.

You can already get PS+ for $40 or less many times a year through different sales. Sony isn't going to just reduce their price across the board because some people are not interested in the free games.

Well I am not american and my main way of getting PS+ is on the PS Store.

Well that is true as well, but Live is $60 and PS+ is still $50.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I would. Knowing that the vast majority of the games on offer annually don't interest me, I'd gladly take a discount to be able to take advantage of online play without being offered the games that I don't want anyway.

It would be nice to have the option.

image.png

Wasn't Entwined free or pratically free at some point ?

Rocket League seems like a fun game to play with friends. Apart from that, meh month.

I would also take a discount on playing for online games and paying for PS+ say $30 a year than to get 70 indie titles on PS4 that I would have never even bother to buy on a Steam sale or humble bundle. I value more $20 on my pocket than I do 70 indie titles or stand alone DLC games on my console.

hawk2025

I would also take a discount on playing for online games and paying for PS+ say $30 a year than to get 70 indie titles on PS4 that I would have never even bother to buy on a Steam sale or humble bundle. I value more $20 on my pocket than I do 70 indie titles or stand alone DLC games on my console.

Well, regardless if an online-only package ever gets offered or not, I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your subsidy :)

Tizoc

I stopping downloading them because I play them for 5 minutes think that they aren't worthy even the free price tag and just delete them. From all the PS+ offerings since the release of the PS4 I only stayed with Resogun, Infamous First Light, Transistor and Valiant Hearts. And to be honest I wouldn't mind losing all those games if I get to pay less for online on PS4. I didn't count MGS GZ mostly because I bought that game on release.

You don't judge a game from 5 mins. of play. Especially when most games released nowadays start with a tutorial or integrate it into the first areas of a game
It's stupid.
Various games don't kick it into high gear until you put a little more time into them, games with slow starts usually become fantastic.

Hasney

Black Flag is $19.99+ here on PS4. Maybe around $15 if I search had enough on Craigslist. I don't have Gold, so I envy them getting good games over these games out of which the one I'm interested in isn't on the PS4.

Best wishes.

Yeah, but you'd probably already own it if you had an XB1. Due to aggresive bundling, you either got it with your console, or got it for $6 by now

Petrae

Good for you, I guess?

You don't judge a game from 5 mins. of play. Especially when most games released nowadays start with a tutorial or integrate it into the first areas of a game
It's stupid.
Various games don't kick it into high gear until you put a little more time into them, games with slow starts usually become fantastic.

So, we have to pay a penance of droll experience for games to get good, and that's an acceptable thing?

I don't buy into that line of thinking. While I won't dismiss a game outright after 5 minutes, once I get to the 30-minute mark... I'm already drawing conclusions about it and asking myself if I should continue or not. After an hour, if I'm not mostly sold on it, I stop playing and almost never go back.

I don't prefer to waste my gaming time on efforts that eventually get good. The games have to draw me in sooner-- or at least convince me within the first hour that they're worth continuing on with.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
These threads keep making my head hurt. Someone remind me to stay clear of the thread when we get Super Meat Boy. I'll probably end up hurting someone.

Yeah, but you'd probably already own it if you had an XB1. Due to aggresive bundling, you either got it with your console, or got it for $6 by now

Fair enough. I don't have an Xbox One and don't go around searching for its news or whatever it may be, but as a PS4 owner it doesn't make me feel any better at how they're getting it for free and every month since First Light PS Plus has just been my way of playing games online rather than it being the other way around. The better indies games, I've already either played on PC while the others just aren't as good as people proclaim them to be here on GAF. Games got a price hike here so I'm more weary than ever to spend money on retail games, so it definitely rubs me the wrong way.

I know its a case by case issue, but having PS Plus just being my payment method to play online now really ticks me off when it wasn't like this a few years back.

Best wishes.

k30

Neo Member
I bought Rain a long time ago and was very pleased with it. It's probably not everyone's thing, but I'm glad people are getting to try it out as I thought it was a shame more people hadn't played it (like how I was glad when Unfinished Swan was made free for others).

Rocket League looks fucking awesome.

Xenthar

WTF this thread is getting worse and worse and even more stupid lol.

For fuck sake even without a sale, 1 year sub for 60$ is like 5$ per MONTH. You have the privilege to play online for like 16cent per DAY. 16 FUCKING CENT...TO PLAY ONLINE.

16 fucking cent guys. Oh but no, you don't only get to play online. THEY GIVE FREE GAMES. some 5-20$ games. 6 free games per month for 16 freaking cent.

Even if you don't care about online or even if you're the kinda guys that reaaaaaally really hate FREE stuff. For only 16 cent per DAY you get acces to exclusive deal of your non-existant favorite game that you really don't want because every game sucks

Oh you hate saving money too? Well i guess 16 cent per day for PS plus can get you advantage too, automatic game update, online game save with not only 1GB, but ..1GB yeah... THATS HUGE BRUH

My 16 cent.

Top Bottom