• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ July 2015: Rocket League, Styx, rain, Mousecraft, Geometry Wars 3, Entwined

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Prediction time: Will Rocket League end up being the highest metacritic'd ps4 plus game through the end of the year?

I'm going to go with yes.

Zyrox

You have to at least try Rocket League.

Watched gameplay videos of Rocket league posted here and to me it looks about as exciting as Blast Ball (read: not exciting at all). Just not my type of game. I don't have a PS4 yet anyway. Only PS3 and Vita.

Xenthar

Another month of trash. I'll try the PS4 games as I usually do and expect to be disappointed by how garbage they are, as they have been for like 6 months.

I have seen or lot of garbage post but a winner is you.

Seriously, 6 games per month ( most of the time 3-4 ps4 games ) how can you say that since the last 6 month they were all trash? I don't believe you.

BouncyFrag

Rocket League needs the Mako!
DL3JgN6.gif

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Fitting that rocket league is here, given the first one was free on plus and thats how people heard about it (me, at least). Though I really wish I could have paid for it. oh well. :/
Gonna support them on PC but they aren't exactly being transparent about the release. Can't pre-order or unsure about multi packs for power buyers. I have friends and others who would go in on this.

watched 5 minutes of rocket league and went from this is an unfortunate line-up to everything else is icing. RL locks fun.
RL is pure fun. There is no other like it out there.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Good line-up. Impressed with the amount of games. Entwined was a fun experience; a bit shallow but fun. I've been looking forward to Geometry Wars and rain. I'm interested in seeing what Styx and Rocket League are like. Mousecraft I don't really know anything about. Hopefully it won't be bad.

TalonJH

Just a quick PSA.

The monthly EU and NA PS+ games are now the same. It's been this way for a little while now. Hopefully this helps people looking for what is free in the two regions from now on.

Apathy

The Rocket League Beta was as addictive as heroin and meth combined. And now it should have a lot of players. I heard Styx was like an okish game, and if you liked hard stealth games it was good to tide you over.

Still can't believe how much people want to come and shit post into these threads monthly. I really do hope the people that threaten to not resubscribe actually do it. I know they never will because they need a reason to complain.

TMC

Watched gameplay videos of Rocket league posted here and to me it looks about as exciting as Blast Ball (read: not exciting at all). Just not my type of game. I don't have a PS4 yet anyway. Only PS3 and Vita.

I promise you that this does not do it justice. I didn't care whatsoever about this game when I saw videos and news about it. I was bored and I got into the beta. I figured I would play a round or so just to see what it was like. Four hours later....the rest is history.

alexein

this month is a better month than the last for me as i already owned mgs.
rocket is so good, i played the beta a lot and will play on realease day.
styx seems not too bad and linked to of orcs and men and i need to play it too so it will go in the backlog for now.
Entwinned seems like a good experience and that is enough for me.
same that can be said for rain, the others id ont know about them so i will see the first reponse from the american first downloader.

I dont need to have long games every month sometimes just good little games that dont overstay their welcome.

I was going to drop 20 bucks on Rocket League next week, a game where you score goals by LAUNCHING A CAR THROUGH THE AIR AT HIGH SPEED TOWARDS A SOCCER BALL

And now I don't. It launches free on Plus.

Praise Jesus.

ZangBa

I have seen or lot of garbage post but a winner is you.

Seriously, 6 games per month ( most of the time 3-4 ps4 games ) how can you say that since the last 6 month they were all trash? I don't believe you.

Because I've been subscribed to PS+ since day 1 and the quality of games being given since they decided to force online play as part of it have went down the toilet. Some of them straight shovelware. A lot of these games feel like shitty mobile ports like Race the Sun. I play every single game that comes to plus that isn't Vita exclusive and give then a chance and it has been consistently disappointing for months. They know people pay to play online, so they stopped giving a shit. I hoped it wouldn't happen, but it obviously has, and anyone that has paid for this since the beginning knows it.

AEREC

Awesome...was gonna buy Rocket League anyways since I love car soccer. It was awesome in Excitebike 64 and then that mod for Unreal Tournament 2004. I thin Forza 2 had a version but I never played it.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Because I've been subscribed to PS+ since day 1 and the quality of games being given since they decided to force online play as part of it have went down the toilet. Some of them straight shovelware. A lot of these games feel like shitty mobile ports like Race the Sun. I play every single game that comes to plus that isn't Vita exclusive and give then a chance and it has been consistently disappointing for months. They know people pay to play online, so they stopped giving a shit. I hoped it wouldn't happen, but it obviously has, and anyone that has paid for this since the beginning knows it.

Did you expect that, after subscribing to PS+, you'd never have to purchase a game again? That's silly. You're being a silly person.

Also, Rocket League is likely the best value to have come to PS+ thus far and that statement is backed by science.

LaneDS

Super hyped about Rocket League. I think that's the best way to get the word out that the game is incredible (most fun I've had with a game in a long time). Going to support the devs by buying the game on Steam next week.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i just got a ps+ membership for the first time for 3 months. this does not convince me that i should renew after it expires.

Mechazawa

Rocket League is an amazing get.

Was thinking of getting it for PC, though, and likely still will, but if none of my buddies jump on the PC version, I'll probably just stick with the PS4.

Gotta be honest, the past couple of months PS+ games just haven't done it for me. Given that, I still sure as hell have gotten a $30 value from it. Hope it gets better for my taste the rest of the year.

RE_Player

Apparently every month of Plus has been shit for many users so the question is, why do people subscribe? Usually when I don't like what a service offers for months at a time I cancel my subscription or don't renew. It's pretty unhealthy to continually pay for a service just so you can bitch and complain about it on message boards.

Anyways I think this month is great. Rocket League looks amazing and I am so looking forward to Geometry Wars on my Vita.

20 bucks for rocket league would have resulted in rather poor sales and low online population imo.
It kinda looks like a 5 dollar mobile game but the gameplay is amazing. It has a learning curve though, aerial controls require hardcore skills.

Perfect PS+ game.

Cha

Rocket League reminds me a little bit of an old game called Ball Blazer that I played on the PS1, except that this looks a lot better. I'd be really excited for that if I had a PS4.
Geometry Wars looks fun :) Not so sure about Entwined, but will give it a go.

Shantom

That's an excellent PS4 line up.

I don't have a PS4 :(

Edit: Hang on, Rocket League has cross platform multplayer? Great, I'll buy it on Steam.

Darknight

Just what I feared. Christ Id rather pay $5 (PS+ discount)/$15 to own than PS+ rental on Rocket League. This game needs to be bought, let people choose to buy ffs.

lyrick

Apparently every month of Plus has been shit for many users so the question is, why do people subscribe? Usually when I don't like what a service offers for months at a time I cancel my subscription or don't renew. It's pretty unhealthy to continually pay for a service just so you can bitch and complain about it on message boards.

SIatrLHl.png

Only 18 days left. If the content of this paid service doesn't improve it's going to be a very long time before I bother subscribing again.

Top Bottom