• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 price was just announced in Argentina!

Is importing an option for you? That's a ludicrous amount of money. By the sounds of it though, it's your government you should be angry at rather than Sony.

Where did you get he was angry at Sony from? Dude's pissed at the pricing, as well he damn should be regardless of who is to blame.

ethomaz

Banned
The brazilian price will make the argentine price look like a bargain.
Not anymore.... the Xbone is priced at R2199,00 (~US$960).

The consoles are "cheaper" in Brasil compared with Argentina.

In both countries they are expensives yet :(.

Edit - Price fixed.

Xbox One official price here is R$2200,00 (US$1000,00). Not as bad as Argentina (still bad though).

About that... they announced the price when the conversion was like 2,10:1. Now it's 2,30:1.

I bet you they regret saying the price so soon. It might launch for more than R$ 2.200.

Kerrinck

It has to be lower than the Xbone price though... since both will be produced overseas, I don't think that the PS4 will break through the R$ 2000 barrier.

Well, actually I hope not.

I always expect the worst when it comes to console prices in Brazil.
Thankfully Steam loves us right now.

sono

Gold Member
How is that price justified - where does the money go for each PS4 sold in Argentina ?

DieH@rd

Banned
It has to be lower than the Xbone price though... since both will be produced overseas, I don't think that the PS4 will break through the R$ 2000 barrier.

Well, actually I hope not.

Sony has some factories in Brasil, they hope for lower prices of PS4 is assembled there. They had gaming oriented pressconf in Brasil few months ago talking just about that.

Begaria

Good thing Harrison is only like 3 years old, otherwise I don't think Dexter would be able to afford one for him. If he even gets to Argentina. I dunno, methinks he'll never get out of Miami at this rate.

demolitio

About that... they announced the price when the conversion was like 2,10:1. Now it's 2,30:1.

I bet you they regret saying the price so soon. It might launch for more than R$ 2.200.

Yea, that's why I always thought pricing was extremely late to be announced in certain countries. Announce too early and you're technically off on the conversion although it's a little ridiculous.

Wow, so I'm guessing wages aren't keeping up with inflation? Same as everywhere, but extra terrible when inflation is that significant.

I make roughly the same as you based on what you said, which is not very much money here (Canada), but it's enough that I could choose to buy a PS4 if I was thrifty for a month (ate out less, didn't buy other games, etc.). I don't really have to make a point of setting money aside.

1200 per week is 57600$ per year no? This isn't rich or anything, but I wouldn't say it's not very much money. The average canadian income is 47,200$.

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
No reason there should be the crazy import taxes on this, it's not like there's an Argentinian company that makes a game consoles?!?!?!?!?

or am I missing something dumb?

Copenap

It sucks for our fellow argentinia gaffers but looking at the exchange rate and forecasts Sony has to adjust the price for future development if they don't want to constantly adjust prices. Keep in mind that's not only a launch price but one that is supposed to maintain in the market like that for the next years.

MercuryLS

Banned
Dexter will be pissed.

tumblr_mjtlffg91u1s3qv1no3_500.gif

sestrugen

1200 per week is 57600$ per year no? This isn't rich or anything, but I wouldn't say it's not very much money. The average canadian income is 47,200$.

I read it as 1200 per month which should be the above average for 3rd world countries

In Guatemala I expect the price to be around USD $700-750 hopefully not more than that

Harpuea

That is an impossible price at 25% over your wages.

Can anybody who understands economics explain why it is a good idea to set such a ridiculous import tax for a country who is experiencing inflation problems?

No reason there should be the crazy import taxes on this, it's not like there's an Argentinian company that makes a game consoles?!?!?!?!?

or am I missing something dumb?

Your logic is perfect. This is just greed.

lol I just checked and you are right... the previous price announced by MS was R1899,00 but now they are selling at R$2199,00... what just happened?

Bad price :(

I think it's been R$ 2.200 since the first announcement.

zruben

Banned
damn!, and I tought that it was bad in Mexico (around 630 dollars here)

=(

maybe it's cheaper to get one on amazon and pay a fancy international shipping.

Manu

That is an impossible price at 25% over your wages.

Can anybody who understands economics explain why it is a good idea to set such a ridiculous import tax for a country who is experiencing inflation problems?

They obviously don't give a fuck.

Argentina is becoming more and more a country made for everyone but the Argentinians.

dacuk

In Costa Rica, due to video games having a 54% tax as luxury items, we are used to pay (US price x 1000) colones, so we were expecting PS4 to be at least half a million colones.
The Sony distributor here actually set the price at 330.000 (something like $660), so it is not that bad.

"SE ANUNCIA EL PRECIO DE PLAYSTATION®4 (PS4™) Y SU PRE-VENTA EN LA ARGENTINA

Qué: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC. (SCEA) anuncia el comienzo de la preventa del sistema de entretenimiento PlayStation®4 (PS4™) en la Argentina. El precio de la PS4™en el país será de $6.499.- (pesos argentinos)."

So... yeah. 6500 pesos. That's roughly 1200 US Dollars.

Or, to put it in another way, that's about 25% over my current monthly salary.

I guess that's it for me as a gamer.

The price for peru was just announced too

678$ , November 29

1899 in local currency

Owwari

Banned
I'm from Peru and I'm afraid the PS4 won't go lower than $700. Our exchange rate is 2.8.
That's why I'm just waiting for a relative to return from the States so he can bring me a 2DS or a cheap 3DS/Vita and I'll just stick to digital gaming.

That and some Steam madness on my old PC. It sucks to be a Latin american gamer!

I paid $600 for a Deluxe Wii U @ launch here in Costa Rica, which I think it is not that bad.

Also paid $700 for a 40GB phat PS3 after the first price cut.

I don't know yet the price of the PS4 but I guess it will be around $800. This is why I am thinking of building a PC or importing a PS4, more inclined towards a PC, as I can get an i5 or AMD 8350, 1TB HD, 8GB RAM and a 7950 for roughly $1000.

It is very expensive being a gamer outside the US!!!

And you in the US complain about prices, don't know how to explain how I feel when I read someone complaining about prices.

Top Bottom