• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sells 134,000 units in Spain; The One fastest selling console called The One

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpance

One and Done is completely wrong and needs to reevaluate his life.

ku-xlarge.jpg

http://kotaku.com/here-are-the-rules-for-what-you-can-and-cant-call-th-509427278

Demon Ice

Banned
The One and Done™;94701511 said:
Hmm. Ok I'm not a poor sport. Let's change the wager then. Instead of a week ban I would have to keep this new moniker for the entirety of this generation if The One is behind the PS4 in December NPD.

I'm pretty sure this is your new moniker regardless.

Alec

Been keeping out of this thread, but I saw the title change and backtraced. Definitely was not disappointed.

Jenenser

the whole thread was a nice read.
I' m in tears :')

Just to be back on topic
EU = Sony-land, but these numbers really are incredible.
I'd like to know how the numbers are in Germany, does anyone have a lead on that?

Facism

The One and Done™;94705498 said:
Alright that one got me lol.

But let me get one thing straight since I seem to be misunderstood here, I own The One but I've also ordered a PS4 recently on amazon. I wanted a PS4 more than The One but obviously none were available at or after launch and I don't believe in preordering things. Anyways, I wanted both consoles. Yes I know my opinion on DRM isn't popular with most GAFers but I honestly believe The One would have been better with it and it would have truly differentiated the consoles. As I see it now, the differences are negligible, which is unfortunate. I do hope it comes back though.

what precedent has microsoft set in the past that would give you faith that their DRM systems would have been positive for you?

Eusis

what precedent has microsoft set in the past that would give you faith that their DRM systems would have been positive for you?
Yeah, only with Steam would I be that confident. Sony only a little higher than Microsoft since they're good about cross platform at least, and if Nintendo did this without big changes I'd think they had gone completely fucking retarded.

Permanently A

The One and Done™;94692292 said:
Well let us wager then; if the PS4 "demolishes" The One in December NPD I wont post for a week. Hell, a mod can ban me for a week. (Demolish meaning outsell by 80 to 100k). Now if The One is ahead of the PS4 then you'll have to post the following: "I was wrong about NPD, The One is outselling the PS4".

Deal?

Confirmed for Denis Dyack

slapnuts

... Does ANYONE even call it "The One" but him? That seems pretty much only the domain of overzealous fans, the kind that actually took the 4chan post as gospel (or at least liked the idea of it enough.)

He's even capitalizing The, how does that not scream pretentious?

I believe it just really took off when "someone i know" ;) was pretending to be a MS Exec and posted at Misterxmedia about 4 or 5 days ago. I know the guy that posted there as MS exec trying to play around with the fans of misterxmedia and he (this so called MS Exec talked about how they all call it "The One" at MS) There is an article there talking about it lol

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Hmm. Ok I'm not a poor sport. Let's change the wager then. Instead of a week ban I would have to keep this new moniker for the entirety of this generation if The One is behind the PS4 in December NPD.

jaguars-fan-gif_origik5km9.gif

Demon Ice

Banned
I went to my local The Target and they had several The Ones in stock, I may pick up a The One or two for some of my good The Friends.

I almost had a The Aneurysm typing that.

Finalizer

Woah, missed this from a few pages ago, can another insider like Mort comment on this, like is there anyone else here who knows if this is accurate or not?

Because if it is, holy shit that's just nuts. That would mean ~1m/month for the US alone, and would imply that Sony could be well over the suggested million/month manufacture rate as suggested by Pachter. Considering the rate of sales in Spain alone, and that it's likely that UK/France/Germany/etc. are likely receiving much larger shipments, and on top of that the number of countries that PS4 officially launched in just this month... Jesus Christ on a pogo stick.

spekkeh

Banned
Now I finally understand why Microsoft went with a staggered release. Releasing in the US and UK first is the only way to make the public believe there are actually people who want this thing.

Ishan

Woah, missed this from a few pages ago, can another insider like Mort comment on this, like is there anyone else here who knows if this is accurate or not?

Because if it is, holy shit that's just nuts. That would mean ~1m/month for the US alone, and would imply that Sony could be well over the suggested million/month manufacture rate as suggested by Pachter. Considering the rate of sales in Spain alone, and that it's likely that UK/France/Germany/etc. are likely receiving much larger shipments, and on top of that the number of countries that PS4 officially launched in just this month... Jesus Christ on a pogo stick.

He clarified that its only data for one particular week he was not claiming 240k everyweek of december.

xaosslug

um... I'm pretty sure this is your new sn for the foreseeable The Future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom