• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Trump can't book talent for inauguration. Trump Tweet: Nuh uh, your face!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksol

A few years ago I would have guessed Fuckface Von Clownstick could get those racist blonde sisters to perform, but I think they've renounced their nazi ways.

As TheWrap previously reported, two veteran Hollywood bookers said that Trump’s team had reached out to them and dangled the possibility of ambassadorships and appointments to government commissions if they could deliver marquee names.

Fucking everything's for sale with his government, if that wasn't already obvious. Has there ever been such a villain character in office?

Maybe he'll get a performer that is a REALLY big supporter of the 2nd amendment?

The problem is that while there are tons of artists who fit that description, most of them are ten or twenty years out from when they were A-List talent.

You can keep booking Bon Jovi and Springsteen until the end of time, but Metallica's sell-by date passed at least a decade ago.

The problem is that while there are tons of artists who fit that description, most of them are ten or twenty years out from when they were A-List talent.

You can keep booking Bon Jovi and Springsteen until the end of time, but Metallica's sell-by date passed at least a decade ago.

That's true.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Fucking everything's for sale with his government, if that wasn't already obvious. Has there ever been such a villain character in office?

Ambassadorial appointments are often given out as favors or thanks to large donors. THis has been true for a while, unfortunately.

jay

Ambassadorial appointments are often given out as favors or thanks to large donors. THis has been true for a while, unfortunately.

A lot of people are learning unpleasant things about how our government works that they will forget once a Democrat becomes president.

Amalthea

Banned
If I were Elton John I'd had agreed then sent an impersonator badly singing a parody of Tiny Dancer called Tiny Hands Ass.

Syriel

s2RTVrg.jpg

This right here is avatar material. Gold.

Arkeband

Banned
KISS was formerly asked and declined. Paul Stanley on twitter and Gene Simmons on TMZ. Kind of telling Gene was on The Apprentice.

Gene Simmons is just as insufferable as Trump, he probably wouldn't want anyone else worshipped there other than himself.

Ishan

The thing I find funny about trump is he vacillates between wanting appeal from both "masses" and "elites" . The only true way to get both is to be extraordinarily exceptional . I'm talking Newton, Einstein , Mozart , Gandhi levels and even that also if often post death ... So far I've not seen that in him but well who knows maybe he'll make something good ... Dunno doubt it tho . Also I feel one or the other can be somewhat played into but both is super hard without significant substance ... Which is something I think he I missing.

Doesn't matter respect is earned.

He's too thin skinned to take any criticism or rejection.

He lost the popular vote, he chews out anyone who criticizes him on Twitter. It must keep him up at night that people aren't fighting among themselves to perform at his inauguration whereas a Muslim from Kenya like Obama had no problems.

tuxfool

Banned
A lot of people are learning unpleasant things about how our government works that they will forget once a Democrat becomes president.
Except this is the kind of thing he railed against in his campaign. Lots of people understand that this is how it works, but the naked hypocrisy on display by this administration is unprecedented.

Trump isn't the guy who shuns people, he's incapable. He's the guy who whines about every supposed slight.

He's the guy who talks about shunning you, in front of everyone, to your face, but only if you don't pretend to like him, because somewhere in his stunted social development he thinks that's a rational human interaction.

gabbo

Trump isn't the guy who shuns people, he's incapable. He's the guy who whines about every supposed slight.

No, but he'll tweet about how he has like he's shot down a request from you for something. He's incapable of not getting the last laugh.

Moonkid

Good.

I'd side eye anyone who agreed to perform.
I don't know, if it was say Roger Waters playing something from The Wall or someone else in the same vein I wouldn't mind. Something very on the nose that basically says "Fuck Trump and everything about him" without literally saying that. It couldn't be half-assed or soft and should leave no room for interpretation. Not even hopeful music, just outright scathing that makes everyone uncomfortable.

TylerD

TIME: The Radio City Rockettes will perform at Donald Trump's inauguration. Ew. And they performed for George W. Bush? Trash. On behalf of New Yorkers, I apologize.

That's disappointing. Just saw the Christmas Spectacular in NYC and it was a great show technically. Won't be seeing them again.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Not sure if this is true, but I'm seeing reports that the Radio City Rockettes are being forced against their will to perform at the inauguration.

Dali

I'm sure Stacey Dash would be happy to stand on stage and smile.

Are there really no acts that would do this? Honestly surprised there's not some big country singer I've never heard of that'd be happy to perform.

NimbusD

TIME: The Radio City Rockettes will perform at Donald Trump's inauguration. Ew. And they performed for George W. Bush? Trash. On behalf of New Yorkers, I apologize.

I doubt it's exactly their choice. Whoever employs them makes that decision. Makes sense that Trump would have to go that route, get people who don't have a choice but to perform.

studyguy

Not sure if this is true, but I'm seeing reports that the Radio City Rockettes are being forced against their will to perform at the inauguration.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/articl...alls-Boycotting-Inauguration-Invalid-20161223

"We have received an email from a Rockette expressing concern about getting "involved in a dangerous political climate" but I must remind you that you are all employees, and as a company, Mr. Dolan obviously wants The Rockettes to be represented at our country's Presidential inauguration, as they were in 2001 & 2005. Any talk of boycotting this event is invalid, I'm afraid."

"We have been made aware of what is going on Facebook and other social media, however, this does not change anything unless Radio City has a change of heart. The ranting of the public is just that, ranting. Everyone has a right to an opinion, but this does not change your employment status for those who are full time."

"This has nothing to do with anyone's political leanings (including AGVA's), it has to do with your best performance for your employer, period. I will reiterate that if Hillary Clinton was the President-elect, nothing would be different, and there would probably be those who would not want to be involved because of her. It is a job, and all of you should consider it an honor, no matter who is being sworn in. The election is over and this country will not survive if it remains divided."

"Everyone is entitled to her own political beliefs, but there is no room for this in the workplace."

The email continues in bolded, underlined font: "If you are not full time, you do not have to sign up to do this work. If you are full time, you are obligated. Doing the best performance to reflect an American Institution which has been here for over 90 years is your job. I hope this pulls into focus the bottom line on this work,"

Well, to be fair, this is true. It's their job. Still sucks if most of them don't wanna do it but they don't have a choice unless they wanna be fire.
Well, if there was ever a time to stand up for yourself, this is it. We'll see where their line is.

I don't think I could look my potential child in the eyes and tell them I was part of the "celebration" of Donald Trump as president.

Syriel

Whichever OP changed the thread title should probably update it to reference the Rockettes and the allegations of being forced.

"We have received an email from a Rockette expressing concern about getting "involved in a dangerous political climate" but I must remind you that you are all employees, and as a company, Mr. Dolan obviously wants The Rockettes to be represented at our country's Presidential inauguration, as they were in 2001 & 2005. Any talk of boycotting this event is invalid, I'm afraid."

fBeRLv5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom