• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros 2016 |OT| Clayray awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

TSN up here in Canada are starting to show Sports in 4k,including this match...urge increasing to grab a new TV soon...

szaromir

Banned
Djokovic gifted a set by a bribed umpire in the RG final two years in a row. Serbian mafia is one of the most powerful out there.

oti

Banned
He's acting like Djokovic a few years ago, when he tipped the ball 30 times and got angry when the audience made fun of him.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Take away the first set and this is as sad as that one French Open final between Fed and Nadal

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Shame he fluked his way past wawrinka, we could have had a real match

There's no need for that. He's taking a beating today, no doubt, but Andy played a fine match against Stan in the semi-final.

mcfrank

I think it does. 6 slams in a row...8 slam finals in a row?

Makes him have the best season all time, it does not make him greatest of all time. Let's not overlook the sustained excellence it takes to get to 17 slams and 301 weeks at number 1. Djoker needs to stay number 1 for 2 more years and win 4 slams after 30 to tie Fed. No one has won more than 2 slams after 30.

This is true, but Federer's game still reached heights Djokovic's does not in terms of creativity and shot-making.

Djokovic is a great champion, but Fed is an artist.

That's totally subjective, though. Djokovic may not be as fluid as Fed, but Fed doesn't have Djokovic's athleticism.

clemenx

Banned
Prime Fed racked up his slams against lesser competition, IMO

Prime Nalby, Safin, Hewitt, Roddick were actually pretty fucking good. I hate this argument. His only shit slam opponent was Baghdatis. Philippoussis too but that wasn't prime Fed yet.

Federer singlehandedly has made a whole generation being thought of as lesser players than they actually were. Think about that.

Nole will probably pass him but that argument is lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom