• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satanists unveil statue for the Oklahoma state capitol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protein

Banned
My friend just said she will go to Oklahoma and reenact a particular scene from Berserk if it goes up.

And no she's not going to try to fuck the thing, just a few poses.

the chris

Badass. Baphomet has always been so chill.

He can be a dick though:
c3enCdg.jpg

dan2026

I'm trying to remember the Baphomet-esq Apostle in Berserk.

Is it in the cave under the tower where all the cultists are going nuts?

Carcetti

Nice-looking and hilarious statue that exposes massive hypocrisy? Nice. I'd love to see him next to the Spaghetti Monster and Hanuman.

The group also unsuccessfully tried to place a Satanic holiday display at the statehouse in Tallahasee. Although Florida allowed a creche, a Festivus pole and a pasta draped chair celebrating the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the state drew the line at Satan.

At least someone got to air their grievances.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Ok, this is way more awesome then I pictured it.

Protein

Banned
I'm trying to remember the Baphomet-esq Apostle in Berserk.

Is it in the cave under the tower where all the cultists are going nuts?

Berserk spoilers**
Yep, he uses his snake penis to have sex with cultists. The first time he makes an appearance is in statue form.The Count's wife is caught fucking a status (of him) at a cultist orgy. He loses his shit and massacres all of them then sacrifices his wife to become an apostle.

Jeels

I am a follow of an Abrahamic faith and I think it's cool.

There should be more cool statues all over the place of all cultures.

Berserk spoilers**
Yep, he uses his snake penis to have sex with cultists. The first time he makes an appearance is in statue form.The Count's wife is caught fucking a status (of him) at a cultist orgy. He loses his shit and massacres all of them then sacrifices his wife to become an apostle.

This manga is really fucking weird, you know that?

JdFoX187

Banned
As an Oklahoma resident, I fully support this. I want to see Gov. Fallon have to dedicate it too. Any woman nicknamed Mattress Mary should not be discussing the merits of the 10 Commandments.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
I don't understand why these groups decide to cling to images and physical representations of 'evil' that are directly from other religions (mainly Christianity). I mean, Satanists don't actually believe in Satan. In fact they are closer to secular humanists more than anything. So what's the point in being so divisive?

Orayn

I don't understand why these groups decide to cling to images and physical representations of 'evil' that are directly from other religions (mainly Christianity). I mean, Satanists don't actually believe in Satan. In fact they are closer to secular humanists more than anything. So what's the point in being so divisive?

For modern, secular Satanists it's mostly about theatricality and flipping a big middle finger to those other religions to drive home the dramatic difference in values.

Protein

Banned
This manga is really fucking weird, you know that?

It's actually pretty awesome. I just think there's too much demon rape and rape in general. The creator has quite the imagination with demon penis designs.

Oh whoops! Look all your clothes got torn off by hands/claws/tentacles!

Scrooged

For modern, secular Satanists it's mostly about theatricality and flipping a big middle finger to those other religions to drive home the dramatic difference in values.

Yeah, that's what I mean. But why? They have less of a chance of changing religious people's mind than any other type of atheist or humanist group. So in the end it seems like Satanism is a big club for assholes.

Lazyslob

Banned
Yeah, that's what I mean. But why? They have less of a chance of changing religious people's mind than any other type of atheist or humanist group. So in the end it seems like Satanism is a big club for assholes.

Well, yeah. I don't think they're trying to change anyones mind. That imagery is offensive to some. And that's the point.

casabolg

Banned

Because certain images promote certain ideas and groups, and those ideas are sometimes considered bad by other groups.

But on another note, some satanists do believe in a spiritual element to Satan (though many just confuse Satan with scraps of traditional european religions. As I said earlier, Laveyan Satanism is only an element of Satanism (though, the most popular branch of it) and exists more as a philosophy than an actual religion.

mantidor

what I love the most about Baphomet is how completely made up it is. There's no actual "demon" in any old mythology named, or with the resemblance of, Baphomet, be it Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, anything. It was invented by the church to trial and execute masons.

I'm surprised at how tame it is, I guess breasts and erected phallus are against obscenity laws over there or something.

Scrooged

Well, yeah. I don't think their trying to change anyones mind. That imagery is offensive to some. And that's the point.

This group, at least, is trying to change people's mind about what should be acceptable to place on government property. Going about it in a tit-for-tat way like this makes the first amendment a joke though.

I say we should be fighting to get religious imagery out of the government, not putting more in.

pulga

Banned
holy crap I just wiki'd the Church of Satan

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
  1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
  2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
  3. When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
  4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
  5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
  6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
  7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
  8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
  9. Do not harm little children.
  10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
  11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they don’t stop, destroy them.

I..I think im a convert

Satan pls embrace me <3

• Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
  • Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
  • When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
  • If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
    [*]Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
  • Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
  • Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
  • Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
  • Do not harm little children.
  • Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
  • When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they don’t stop, destroy them.

I..I think im a convert

Satan pls embrace me <3

She… she blinked in my general direction!

Cartman86

Banned

Sounds like what Christians and Muslims have done to Judaism...

Nameless

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
  6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
  7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
  11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they don’t stop, destroy them.

I..I think im a convert

Satan pls embrace me <3

There goes my plan to slaughter a goat at the foot of this monument.

keuja

Was this written by a 17 year old emo high schooler?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

I..I think im a convert

Satan pls embrace me <3

well thats not going to be nearly evil enough......double no tits on the statue and wtf is this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom