• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Community Thread: Cuteness Is Justice, Ninjas Are Life

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH, THERE'S HOMETOWN ALRIGHT.

.......but yeah, either we're gonna have to wait for tomorrow with the AT-X airing (they've aired uncensored in the past) or the Blu-Ray release.

When a site is all in Japanese I dont know what im doing because I cant read it so I tend not to order one those kind of sites. Would rather order off an English supporting site.

It's cool I get that, I think with the method I posted you would have had to make an Amazon.co.jp account anyway. I must have been mistaken in thinking you can use an existing account from another region to simply sign in and order it shipped to you but after some googling that does not seem to be possible. Anyway, I saw Play Asia also has it and the Item Code seemed to be the same as the Amazon one, so I think the PA version would be the same but I'd recommend double checking that before ordering.

It's cool I get that, I think with the method I posted you would have had to make an Amazon.co.jp account anyway. I must have been mistaken in thinking you can use an existing account from another region to simply sign in and order it shipped to you but after some googling that does not seem to be possible. Anyway, I saw Play Asia also has it and the Item Code seemed to be the same as the Amazon one, so I think the PA version would be the same but I'd recommend double checking that before ordering.

Youre right, its the same item code. I didnt realize that until you pointed it out. Preordered. :eek:

Eolz

Anyone manage to find anymore OVA screenshots? Perhaps ones without little red hearts?

When a site is all in Japanese I dont know what im doing because I cant read it so I tend not to order one those kind of sites. Would rather order off an English supporting site.

Edit: Oh I just looked at the screenshots again. They are censored even without the hearts. You can see things infront of their hoo hoos. So I guess its just Life thats shown. No Hometown.

You can use a big part of Amazon JP in English actually. There's a link up on the right.
It's on other websites as pointed out anyway, but not sure if this has the same box everywhere...

Can I log into my regular Amazon account on amazon.jp? I keep trying and it's telling me it doesn't recognize my account.

I think I was wrong about that, I remember reading somewhere that if an item had global shipping available that it could be shipped anywhere. I must have incorrectly extrapolated that it meant that you can do it with an existing account or else what would be the point of global shipping? But it seems the point is that you can ship globally but only as long as you're using a Japanese account. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. There seem to be guides on making an account just to order global stuff but I'm not sure if that's worth it for most people.

it just finishing airing in Japan, so give it a little while, but there are some screen grabs that appeared on twitter during the broadcast. ^^

Do you know where rebroadcast would be posted?

Oh wow, my SK package stopped in Anchorage. Ive never had a package go to Alaska before. I wonder if polar bears play SK too. :eek:

Eolz

Can I log into my regular Amazon account on amazon.jp? I keep trying and it's telling me it doesn't recognize my account.

I think I was wrong about that, I remember reading somewhere that if an item had global shipping available that it could be shipped anywhere. I must have incorrectly extrapolated that it meant that you can do it with an existing account or else what would be the point of global shipping? But it seems the point is that you can ship globally but only as long as you're using a Japanese account. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. There seem to be guides on making an account just to order global stuff but I'm not sure if that's worth it for most people.

You need a different account yeah. I think it's due to laws or something.

Demoskinos

Let us all go to the spa resort.

vxxkkh.gif

Oh my. Please tell me there are more GIFs beyond that. :O

Aside from streaming sites someone also uploaded it to Youtube in one of those resized windows to avoid it getting pulled, however there was nudity when I skimmed the video to see if it was the full OVA so it's deff NSFW. Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone REALLY couldn't wait and only had access to youtube. Does anyone know if the official release includes subtitles or is that something that's usually added for localization?

Found the youtube version KatamariOnTheRocks was talking about. Just search Senran Kagura OVA and it shows up. Just watched the beginning and
Yozakura stays being best Gessen but was robbed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, so it's not ALL the girls...just
Yumi, Shiki, Asuka, Homura, Ikaruga, Hikage, Ryoubi, and Ryouna
that you get to see.

..........man, that's not even half the cast in the game....

In the OVA Murasaki is shown with a big axe. That would be so much cooler if she had that than the hair shurikans. Also you can tell they are trying to move towards Gessen. I don't not like Gessen but they shouldn't be the leads.

SerTapTap

So here I am in EV thinking "They finally did Murakumo right, she's great when they're not taking her mask off every 5 seconds"--mask immediately comes off a line of dialog later. IMO her character would be a lot better if the mask thing were treated with more respect and it being removed was a rare occurrence rather than "yeah it's coming off almost literally every time she's on screen". It could be an interesting character flaw instead of a running gag.

My cat seems to like EV. Must be all the movement

Puruzi

Banned
So here I am in EV thinking "They finally did Murakumo right, she's great when they're not taking her mask off every 5 seconds"--mask immediately comes off a line of dialog later. IMO her character would be a lot better if the mask thing were treated with more respect and it being removed was a rare occurrence rather than "yeah it's coming off almost literally every time she's on screen". It could be an interesting character flaw instead of a running gag.

My cat seems to like EV. Must be all the movement
Huh. I only like her when her mask is off. Oh well.

SerTapTap

Huh. I only like her when her mask is off. Oh well.

Her voice with the mask is great, they could have a really good Baiken like thing going on if they handled it right. I don't think the current setup is very good regardless of which "side" you like more anyway.

I do think her without her mask is a better handling of the shy girl thing than Murasaki though. Ugh, that fucking bear. I should like her more than I do but I just can't.

Demoskinos

Just watched the YouTube version but I might like a higher quality version if anyone could hook me up. :)
Also I feel robbed. Very little Katsu in that entire thing. Why do the Japanese fans not like her. T_T

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think that's more of an issue of trying to fit in 20+ characters into a single OVA that's only about 28 minutes long. Hell,
the new EV characters are barely in, from what I saw, which makes no sense considering it's based on EV.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thinking it over, I think the EV OVA suffers from the same problem a lot of '90s OVAs based on fighting games suffered from. You have a roster of a TON of characters, so you feel like if you leave anyone out, the fans will be mad because "WHY WASN'T *name here* INCLUDED!?", but because you're trying to work in so many characters, you have more trouble figuring out what the hell you're suppose to do with them & the story suffers from it. Not to mention, people will still be annoyed because "How come *name here* was only in for # minutes!? They were barely in it!"

Except here, the focus is less on story & the characters themselves (because fanservice), which again, when there's a whopping 20+, that's not even about a minute a character to focus on.

Maybe they should've split it up between 2 or 4 (one per school) OVA, though obviously, they went with one due to money & such.

ShinMaruku

Saw the OVA. And now I am watching with with Crush 40 in the background. Looks like Rin and Daidouji is telling them to show just what their milk is made of.

Top Bottom