• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sense8 |OT| First there was One, now there are Eight - Netflix - *S1 spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm not sure how anyone could watch three episodes, let alone TEN, of a show that they hate, within 24 hours of its release.

A movie is two hours, and I sometimes sit through movies I loathe for its entire runtime to see if I need to see the bigger picture. Sometimes it never materializes.

I always hear this argument when people don't like to hear complaints. "WELL A HERPITY WHY DID YOU WATCH THAT LONG", and it just betrays how shallow the thought actually is. Some shows start out abysmally and then get good sometimes eight, nine episodes in. Some movies suck for half and then have an amazing second half. Sometimes a show is so awful to start with few people stick around for the change when it becomes good.

The reason I watched through two episodes and PART of three (so approximately the length of a really long movie is the shot I've given it) is because the first episode literally got nowhere, it was an hour long of introductions of boring stereotype characters. So I was hoping that in the second hour, it would start really introducing where the concept of the show was heading. Of course, that didn't really happen. So I was like "well I already got a Netflix subscription, I might as well just see if I can stomach any of three." And of course partway through three is when I came to this thread to see if this garbage-tier writing and characters and such ever changes. So far the consensus does not seem pleasant.

But of course since watching THREE WHOLE EPISODES (not even a full three!) is stretching the credulity of your imagination, this show is right up your alley. >:)

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm crying because no one has ever defended me before

:((((((((((((((((((

The stuff before that was worse. That's never a conversation anyone's ever had ever after meeting someone for the first time and recognizing them from the internet. Especially not at SF pride. But okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zalasta

I don't care what anybody says I'm enjoying it so far. Episode 5 -
Lito having PMS and menstrual cramp is hilarious

jett

D-Member
I'm 10 eps in and still nothing has really happened.

It's a turrrible soap opera, with the sensate shit way way in the background. The black oil got more screen time in X-Files then this shows core concept does.

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

Good looking out, Wacky Wachs.

Amir0x

Banned
WHAT IF THAT KID GREW UP AND KILLED A COP HUH?!

That guys cop buddy is such a fucking hamfisted stereotype of a shitty cop

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHAT AMBULANCE IS GOING TO COME TO THIS NEIGHBORHOOD FOR A SHOOTING!?"
"I'M NOT GOING TO LEAVE HIM."
"He would do the same to us."

Jesus christ I get it Wachowski's you've seen the Ferguson protests

Mifune

Mehmber
A movie is two hours, and I sometimes sit through movies I loathe for its entire runtime to see if I need to see the bigger picture. Sometimes it never materializes.

I always hear this argument when people don't like to hear complaints. "WELL A HERPITY WHY DID YOU WATCH THAT LONG", and it just betrays how shallow the thought actually is. Some shows start out abysmally and then get good sometimes eight, nine episodes in. Some movies suck for half and then have an amazing second half. Sometimes a show is so awful to start with few people stick around for the change when it becomes good.

The reason I watched through two episodes and PART of three (so approximately the length of a really long movie is the shot I've given it) is because the first episode literally got nowhere, it was an hour long of introductions of boring stereotype characters. So I was hoping that in the second hour, it would start really introducing where the concept of the show was heading. Of course, that didn't really happen. So I was like "well I already got a Netflix subscription, I might as well just see if I can stomach any of three." And of course partway through three is when I came to this thread to see if this garbage-tier writing and characters and such ever changes. So far the consensus does not seem pleasant.

But of course since watching THREE WHOLE EPISODES (not even a full three!) is stretching the credulity of your imagination, this show is right up your alley. >:)

Holy fucking exaggeration with an extra helping of asshole for good measure. I make an innocent comment and you break out the insults per the fucking norm.

Grow the fuck up.

Amir0x

Banned
Holy fucking exaggeration with an extra helping of asshole for good measure. I make an innocent comment and you break out the insults per the fucking norm.

Grow the fuck up.

And here you are, making up that I insulted you. If you can't read, that's on you. I even put a smiley face at the end. Sorry you don't like someone calling out a comment you made with vigor.

I am part way through this first episode and bored out of my mind.

Fighting the urge to turn it off. Need to give it a proper shot.

TraBuch

Banned
Haha, oh god.

I can't keep track of this amazing, epic, sprawling show. Why does her mother call her Michael?
She's a trans woman. Her birth name is Michael. Apparently her mother can't accept the fact that her son is now her daughter.

Sense8, once again breaking new ground.

Salsa

I'm not sure how anyone could watch three episodes, let alone TEN, of a show that they hate, within 24 hours of its release.

free time

+

there are aspects of it that I legitimately find interesting and manage to be intriguing

I just hate the script, and specially the dialogue

Amir0x

Banned
does anyone want to form at sensate with me

sure but i mean

can we just agree to some ground rules like no fucking while i'm at work or some shit

don't really need to be in my office and see a flash of ivysaur ass pounding away or something

I fell asleep last night towards the end of the 6th episode. Not sure where I stand yet, there is some interesting stuff going on, it looks great but I just wish it was quicker. Maybe Sense6 or Sense5 would have been a bit better. Dump Van Dam, the Indian Girl and maybe Bjork.

Salsa

I made my dad watch the first episode with me btw

current thinking: i'll keep watchin alone for trainwreck / interested anyway to see what happens

but yeah taking my dad out of the picture. we only watch a few shows when he's around and the last one was Daredevil. figured this cause he's a sci fi guy but ehhh

ivysaur12

Banned
GAF8 ASSEMBLE

(Also man this dialog is baaaaaad. Guys, JUST SAY IT OUT LOUD. DOES IT SOUND STUPID? THEN CUT IT.)

sure but i mean

can we just agree to some ground rules like no fucking while i'm at work or some shit

don't really need to be in my office and see a flash of ivysaur ass pounding away or something

You just can't save a kid gangbanger. What if he turns out that he's going to shoot a cop? :-(

Amir0x

Banned

I can already see how this is going to go

people are just going to do all manner of fucked up things to mess around

all sitting on the toilet taking a shit and--

what's that sound? oh... oh god TraBuch what the hell are you... OHHHH FUCK GET OUT OF MY HEAD

Daft_Cat

And here you are, making up that I insulted you. If you can't read, that's on you. I even put a smiley face at the end. Sorry you don't like someone calling out a comment you made with vigor.

Again, Sense8 is flawed in pretty much the same ways as the rest of the Wachowski's post-Matrix work. No one is really arguing that ITT.

That said, you watched three hours of something, described it as torturous, and then asked if you should watch more. Aside from "probably not", what responses did you think you were going to get? Clearly you got put on the defensive, but come on...

ivysaur12

Banned
5 more members needed for the GAF8, it'd be preferable for some sort of diversity that simultaneously adheres to ever single cultural stereotype of your home country. If you are Asian plz do tai chi every morning at sunrise, for example.

Amir0x

Banned
Again, Sense8 is flawed in pretty much the same ways as the rest of the Wachowski's post-Matrix work. No one is really arguing that ITT.

That said, you watched three hours of something, described it as torturous, and then asked if you should watch more. Aside from "probably not", what responses did you think you were going to get? Clearly you got put on the defensive, but come on...

I watched about two and a half hours of something, about the length of a long movie. That's nothing at all. And I've described shows as torturous before where someone has said to stick with it and I did and the show turned out great in the end.

Seriously this cannot be some magical idea to some people. This happens with TV shows all the time, really rough starts.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I just hate the script, and specially the dialogue

Every episode so far:

Sensate person 1: Where are you?
Sensate person 2: I'm in place, where are you?
Sensate person 1: WOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I always wanted to go to place! I'm in place 2.
Sensate person 2: WOOOOOWWWWWWWW

Every. Episode.

5 more members needed for the GAF8, it'd be preferable for some sort of diversity that simultaneously adheres to ever single cultural stereotype of your home country. If you are Asian plz do tai chi every morning at sunrise, for example.

On what looks like a big wall, no less.

I'm in. I'm black and like hip hop. Is that enough to join?

Amir0x

Banned

well I adequately meet the jewish/puerto rican cultural stereotype i guess. got lots of italian in me as well but culturally i was around the spanish side more

styl3s

She's a trans woman. Her birth name is Michael. Apparently her mother can't accept the fact that her son is now her daughter.

Sense8, once again breaking new ground.
The actress who plays her is a trans woman as well, right? I thought i read about that awhile back.

On episode 3 right now and i enjoy it. Dumb dialogue doesn't surprise me i mean it's the Watchowskis after all. Very known for their high concept dumb dialogue.

hamchan

I'm Australian-Chinese. Every morning I eat my pork puns, do tai chi, study for my exams so I can A+ on them, then I throw a shrimp on the barbie for lunch and ride my kangaroo back home.

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm Australian-Chinese. Every morning I eat my pork puns, do tai chi, study for my exams so I can A+ on them, then I throw a shrimp on the barbie for lunch and ride my kangaroo back home.

You too can star in a Wachowski show.

Your character name is Jack McEwon-Wu.

Amir0x

Banned

hm that's tough. how many dozens of extra curriculum activities do you fit in between your violin lessons and working your third job to help your family back home?

Draper

Can I play the generic white guy/cop?

Platy

The lesbian couple was cute =x

Was not bothered by the dialogue, but then again I love Kevin Smith and Girlmore Girls and other stuff that has people not sounding like real people =P

Show has my curiosity

....i am a bisexual trans woman from south america.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom