• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 2 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

We all knew what that guy with the Brazilian Wood table had bad intentions. But the delivery still made that a great scene. What a show.

Bro's disclose guys.

First ep of the season bored me to tears, this one redeemed it and then some. Seems like the flow of latter first season is comin back strong. Can't wait to see Marky Bark next week.

enhanced-buzz-8699-1369762534-19.jpg

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
The facial reactions were so good that I wonder if they just didn't tell them they were bringing a mariachi band out during the cliffhanger.

That would have been an amazing mindfuck on Mike Judge's part. Either way, the actors did an amazing job holding it together and looking uncomfortable at the same time.

TripOpt55

Wow great episode. Looking back there were so many funny moments. The bit about Monica in beige. The Bro app. Dinesh being the cool cousin. Finding out more about the things Elrich did last week. Jared talking about Bros. That ridiculous cliffhanger. Off to a strong start this season.

danm999

So great to have this show back.

Something about Jared's rapid fire articulation and passive pathetic-ness always make me laugh, and last night's "I've never been called a bro before except by an assailant" was no exception.

potam

Banned
I loved that they didn't cut to black for the credits. Made the scene 10x better.

I really don't like the women they brought in to replace Peter Gregory. I didn't really like that character, but it worked. This lady just feels so forced. "Oh god, the actor who played our autistic character died...let's just create a new autistic character to replace him!"

CD'S BAR

just rewatched the first season and damn what a tragedy that the actor for peter gregory died. he's just fantastic in those few episodes.

Catdaddy

That may have been one of the funniest endings I've seen in a show, and yeah I fell out when they started eating the chips & salsa near the end.

Bro

just rewatched the first season and damn what a tragedy that the actor for peter gregory died. he's just fantastic in those few episodes.

I'm kind of concerned about where they're taking Laurie, Peter's replacement. In many ways she seems to be a carbon copy of him, which is kind of unfortunate.

Suzanne Cryer is a talented comedic actress, so I hope they develop this character beyond a Gregory clone at some point.

New episode tonight:
Bad Money

While considering Gavin's proposal, Richard is approached by a billionaire; Gilfoyle and Dinesh play hardball to get what they want; Gavin finds a new strategy.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Holy shit how did the fact that the second season started fly over my head? I got three new episodes to watch, wooo!

I celebrated this morning.
The look on his face LOL.
I need that song name guys.

"Synergy Bitches!"
"Do you know what this means?"
"Taking a pile of cash and lighting it on fire?"
Best line.

Pretty good episode. Enjoyed it immensely but TBH I felt it was the weakest of the three so far. That's just a testament to how insanely strong the season started though. I was laughing uncontrollably with the first two but only laughed a few times with this one. Even so happy the show has returned and is better than ever.

Sunday's a pretty awesome night for television now with this in tandem with Last Man on Earth.

I feel like I'm not watching the same show as the people in this thread. The first two episodes were a waste of time, fragmenting the team into little onscreen airtime as a group. Now we're introducing a character who for all purposes makes no sense considering past scenes i.e. Shitty investors signals shitty strength to the market and they'd be dead already. Not only that but the character is shutting down/silencing TJ Miller? Which is the exact opposite of what they should be doing with his character.

And then they top it off my reintroducing quite possibly the most boring character of the show... Big Head. The drop off from season 1 to 2 is one of the worst I've seen for an HBO show.

Richard has been the only slight redeeming quality thus far this season because he absolutely nails the introvert engineer personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom