• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silicon Valley - Season 2 of the hilarious Mike Judge comedy series - HBO Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juz

"You'd have to show me yours too". Haha, this episode was funny as hell.

And RTJ during the credits absolutely topped it.

Trouble

Banned

1zmR3Y4.jpg

He’s a Satanist. It’s a good thing.

Frog-fu

Banned
Good first episode back. Elrich is still my favourite, but Richard kills certain scenes. Thomas Middleditch is great.

oneils

I've only watched two episodes of this show. I watched the first episode of season 1 and the first episode of season 2. I feel like I haven't missed a single thing like wtf is going on with this show. They spent the whole first season spinning their wheels? Is that the joke?

Linius

I've only watched two episodes of this show. I watched the first episode of season 1 and the first episode of season 2. I feel like I haven't missed a single thing like wtf is going on with this show. They spent the whole first season spinning their wheels? Is that the joke?

You can also just watch the season and find out.

Laura and Peter are socially stunted but for completely different reasons other than being really smart.
And cool that they locked another season, this episode was really funny and set a good tone for the season.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Saw the new episode. I enjoy this show to an extent but I don't find it funny. Like, someone at work described scenes in season 1 to me while laughing hysterically and when I finally watched season 1 I didn't really laugh? Is this really labeled as a comedy as I watch it more as a slice of life show about techies.

D.Lo

Episodes are so short! This show plays like an hour long comedy, but isn't. We got basically no Gilfoyle or Dinesh. At least Jared got the best line of the episode.

Still, good episode.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Loved the episode. I died when Dinesh line when standing on the field of the World Series Champions.
"I don't give a shit."
HIs delivery was perfect.

That's exactly what I would have said in that situation. Killed me.

Also, GAF...

... Peter Gregory is dead.

aku:jiki

I think I like TJ Miller a little too much. His portrayal of Erlich is so fucking perfect and I'm enjoying every moment he's on screen! Dinesh and Gilfoy are amazing as well, Jared can be pretty great too. Don't really care about Richard, but who does?

And speaking of liking people too much... I'm not the type to do celeb crushes nor do I watch shows just to ogle girls, but I cannot deal with Monica. SO WAIFU~~ ~

Amazing premiere. There were a lot of good jokes, CTO talk and Snapchat joke were the best.
It actually was the real CEO of Snapchat in the end.
The one who kept repeating that Gregory was the kind of person who was not disappointed in Snapchat? Who was the other guy, who said Snapchat was disappointing?

That joke was a little too much of an in-joke for me to fully get what was going on. I have no idea what these people look like...

pj

Banned
Laurie reminds me too much of Peter Gregory. I wish they had gone in a different direction.

She's overacting hard right now. Hopefully her "I googled asperger's symptoms" shtick will get toned down a bit as the season progresses. The first season of The Bridge had a similar problem with what's-her-name.

Leunam

Laurie reminds me too much of Peter Gregory. I wish they had gone in a different direction.

Still not convinced of this. Both characters are very awkward socially but for different reasons. Peter Gregory tried a few times to be sociable and more often than not it was pretty weird. He had a few hits here and there and it sometimes felt like he would say something that would work well in a social setting and then he would instantly recede back into his awkward shell. You could see it in his expressions.

Laurie on the other hand barely acknowledges these social gestures. I'm sure they register in her mind but for someone so business driven it's a complete waste of time and breath. The A/V Club review mentioned something to this effect. Maybe sometime down the road she'll try and make an attempt at acting less robotic and I'm sure it will be incredibly awkward when she does.

Klocker

Loving this but losing Peter Gregory was a great loss imo. New character should not have mimicked his curious behavior because he was perfect at it, her not so much.

Man

Really well done how they included the (real life) death of the actor playing the billionaire and not shying away from it. A well done tribute in it's own way with some great gags.

Revolver

Loving this but losing Peter Gregory was a great loss imo. New character should not have mimicked his curious behavior because he was perfect at it, her not so much.

I was kind of hoping they'd get Stephen Root for the role, since he's got history with Mike Judge. The new character seems to be overdoing it and the actress will always be George Costanza'a yada-yada girlfriend to me. Really missing Christopher Evan Welch but at least they didn't shy away from his death and paid tribute to the character.

Kurita

Still not convinced of this. Both characters are very awkward socially but for different reasons. Peter Gregory tried a few times to be sociable and more often than not it was pretty weird. He had a few hits here and there and it sometimes felt like he would say something that would work well in a social setting and then he would instantly recede back into his awkward shell. You could see it in his expressions.

Laurie on the other hand barely acknowledges these social gestures. I'm sure they register in her mind but for someone so business driven it's a complete waste of time and breath. The A/V Club review mentioned something to this effect. Maybe sometime down the road she'll try and make an attempt at acting less robotic and I'm sure it will be incredibly awkward when she does.

I agree, sure she's also awkward but in a different way.

I was kind of hoping they'd get Stephen Root for the role, since he's got history with Mike Judge. The new character seems to be overdoing it and the actress will always be George Costanza'a yada-yada girlfriend to me. Really missing Christopher Evan Welch but at least they didn't shy away from his death and paid tribute to the character.

Ha thought she looked familiar. Good actress, I think her character has potential. Agreed on another poster mentioning not properly utilizing Middleditch. Heard him on comedy bang bang and he was hilarious.

Klocker

Would have been a great choice.

lush

"Your muffins smell like shit. So do your ideas. And one of you is the least attractive person I've ever seen."

Slacker

She's not completely mimicking, it seems that at the very least she realizes how ridiculous a lot of Peter's investments were.

I don't understand the mimicking comments at all. She's an oddball for sure, but her mannerisms didn't remind me of Peter. I don't think she'll be lining up Burger King products on her desk anytime soon.

cbox

I loved when that one guy started freaking out in the bar, I forget his name. That and "Show me yours" and his reaction afterwards.

Love this show!

KingKong

I don't understand the mimicking comments at all. She's an oddball for sure, but her mannerisms didn't remind me of Peter. I don't think she'll be lining up Burger King products on her desk anytime soon.

Yeah theyre almost the opposite where Peter had a very abstract view and shes rigidly corporate

New episode tonight:
Runaway Devaluation

Richard and the guys struggle to find a backer as they face legal and financial woes; Monica attempts to balance her interest in Pied Piper with her job; Dinesh tries to stop the Kickstarter campaign for his cousin's new app; Richard gets an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom