• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Computer Entertainment America files trademarks for "Entwined" and "Kill Strain"

Shahed

It seems we hear more about Sony filing trademarks than either Nintendo or Microsoft. Perhaps I'm wrong Rosti? BTW, thanks for always being on the lookout for these types of filings. Really great information.

Sony makes more new IP's than Nintendo in search of more worthwhile franchises. While they have some, it's not on the level of renown Nintendo have. They on the other hand don't need new IP's as much, so trademarks aren't as required for another Mario game for example

Kill Strain.

You play the game as a recently mutated strain of a deadly disease.
Your main objective is to spread as far and wide as possible. Pandemic-style.

Better get to Madagascar quick.
Imagine a game that is online only and one person starts out as infected and tried to spread it out in varies ways before turning total zombie, a game where the entire server can lose

Om nom nom nom New IPs om nom nom nom.

A title like Entwined sounds like a co-op game, or something along the lines of ICO or Enslaved where the story and game design revolves around two people. Looking forward to hearing more.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Calling it now, Entwined is Media Molecule's game based on their marionette dancing demo. Will I be correct and win infinite internet credits and the adoration of my fellow GAFfers?? Only time will tell.

Guerilla/Media Molecule/Sony Bend/Sony London would be the most likely studio's from their first party right?

Double Eleven and Sanzaru could possibly have some games in development for them as well.

Samyy

It scares me how quickly people defaulted to AAA retail games for these trademarks. Please hype responsibly, guys.

This is how I feel, with marketing these days its hard to imagine these names as the actual titles. Feels more like downloadable games ie. Rime, or subtitles to games.

GeoramA

Entwined's a good name for something co-op focused. Or a new Ratchet & Clank, perhaps. Something to do with 2 characters.

It scares me how quickly people defaulted to AAA retail games for these trademarks. Please hype responsibly, guys.

The chances are higher than coming off third-party publishers. Especially from the likes of Sony or Nintendo who have their own dedicated handheld.

Besides, even an 'indie digital' title like Hohokum, Helldivers and Resogun are infinitely preferable to the 'Breath of Fire on iOS'

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I loved Folklore, but its not going to be that :'(
Never say never? =/

Well, this means at least two new games on some way shape or form at E3. Is there really no way around these things going public for companies? Seems like a major pain in the ass.

Samyy

Never say never? =/

Well, this means at least two new games on some way shape or form at E3. Is there really no way around these things going public for companies? Seems like a major pain in the ass.

Eh but its not like we know what it could be. Is it Vita/ps3/ps4/retai/digital/triple A/ etc.

Jump in DemonNite.
Does he ever say anything other than ":)" lol.. Demonite never seems to say anything other than some vague statement you could figure only if you knew exactly what he knows. Verendus is the only Sony insider that has made big statements that works Sony. I'm not counting the two guys that know some guy that knows another guy that knows someone that works with Sony by the way.

Entwined definitely sounds like a Media Molecule game. My body
wallet
is ready for them.

Does he ever say anything other than ":)" lol.. Demonite never seems to say anything other than some vague statement you could figure only if you knew exactly what he knows. Verendus is the only Sony insider that has made big statements that works Sony. I'm not counting the two guys that know some guy that knows another guy that knows someone that works with Sony by the way.

Entwined definitely sounds like a Media Molecule game. My body
wallet
is ready for them.

Demonite :
- teased the project codename for Sony's VR. ( red pill/blue pill)
- underwater VR demo.

And his infamous alphabetical list.

Hexa

And his infamous alphabetical list.

Oh right. We can use that.

• Driveclub
  • Everybody's Gone to Rapture
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • Knack
  • The Order: 1886
  • Resogun
  • Rime
  • Shadow of the Beast
  • Uncharted (PS4)

Since it's alphabetical, Entwined would come between Driveclub and Everybody's Gone to Rapture and Kill Strain in between Infamous:SS and Killzone: SF.

Thus both Entwined and Kill Strain must be subtitles.

PayaV87

Uhmmm, I'm new here, obviously, but these would be the famous 20 1st party games of the 1st year? Do we know any of the missing ten? I mean Gran Turismo 7: Prologue should happen, and I can see a Sport Champions sequel this year, but 8 unannounced games?

Is this real life? :)

Driveclub
Everybody's Gone to Rapture
Infamous: Second Son
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Knack
The Order: 1886
Resogun
Rime
Shadow of the Beast
Uncharted (PS4)

BTW, 16 dots, somebody enlighten me pls.

Nafai1123

Banned
Never say never? =/

They could announce games untitled, but I suspect that's more of a pain in the ass than the name leaking.

When Shu was asked about what Bend was doing, didn't he say something like "scary" or "terrifying?" Kill Strain sounds like that could be in that vein.

Rand6

Oh right. We can use that.

Since it's alphabetical, Entwined would come between Driveclub and Everybody's Gone to Rapture and Kill Strain in between Infamous:SS and Killzone: SF.

Thus both Entwined and Kill Strain must be subtitles.

Or Vita games.

Just kidding.

Some Nobody

Uhmmm, I'm new here, obviously, but these would be the famous 20 1st party games of the 1st year? Do we know any of the missing ten? I mean Gran Turismo 7: Prologue should happen, and I can see a Sport Champions sequel this year, but 8 unannounced games?

Is this real life? :)

BTW, 16 dots, somebody enlighten me pls.

They were all the games we didn't know about, listed in alphabetical order.

Also, someone should add The Last of Us: Remastered to that list.

Top Bottom