• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Computer Entertainment America files trademarks for "Entwined" and "Kill Strain"

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Wonder if it would be Syphon Filter related.

As what everyone else was saying. Really would be nice to see the series return since shits been away for way too long. I demand my taser that can set folks on fire.

tumblr_lupvl2mQqN1qcm0wfo1_500.gif

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Wonder if it would be Syphon Filter related.

As what everyone else was saying. Really would be nice to see the series return since shits been away for way too long. I demand my taser that can set folks on fire.

tumblr_lupvl2mQqN1qcm0wfo1_500.gif

Yesss, bring back frying people with tasers.

I just think that 'big budget FF style' RPG doesn't sound much like SCEJ to me, unless Sony is working with someone like Level 5 again to do a Rogue Galaxy type.
Internal SCEJ stuff is usually more experimental and smaller scale, no? SCEJ is big but I think they're all split into smaller teams which work on multiple projects at a time, an FF type might be hard to do with stuff like The Last Guardian in perpetual development.
Studio Japan has been a clusterfuck for a while man. When the main guy from Santa Monica Studios went there 3 years to clean that shit up (Allan Becker), he said there were 40 game projects for 400 people. So a 10 people per game ratio which is insane and shows how poorly they were run.. which also explains why SCEE and SCEA embarrassed SCEJ during the PS3 generation. If anyone can change it, it's him. Maybe Stig's game would have been cancelled far sooner and reebooted or been a success had he been in charge.

Verendus stated they are giving it a final try and having a massive project. If it doesn't work, they will never attempt it again. If it does, it could be nice to see some AAA development other than Gran Turismo. Now whether you should believe this is another story. If there isn't anything by E3 in 2015, then I will go on the opinion Verendus was also full of it, but I'd like to be optimistic. a JRPG and WRPG are some areas Sony has not jumped on, JRPG rather has been left to die for too long.

Dusky

Can a sub title be trademarked?

Would be odd just to register the sub-title I think, but it's probably not unheard of. They also registered the domain killstrain.com

http://www.whois.com/whois/killstrain.com

Domain Name: KILLSTRAIN.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS1.SCEA.COM
Name Server: NS2.SCEA.COM
Name Server: NS3.SCEA.COM
Name Server: NS4.SCEA.COM
Updated Date: 25-mar-2014
Creation Date: 18-mar-2014
Expiration Date: 18-mar-2016

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Sony Bend's website was formally transferred to SCEA's servers around the same time, so I'd guess one of these is their game.

Some Nobody

I didn't include ports to that list :)

Then I don't even know what that list is. It's got too many spots on it to be the 20 first-party IPs that are supposed to hit between launch and this coming November. Shuhei said 30 in all but since then I know at least one game was canceled.

DemonNite

Then I don't even know what that list is. It's got too many spots on it to be the 20 first-party IPs that are supposed to hit between launch and this coming November. Shuhei said 30 in all but since then I know at least one game was canceled.

I never said they were in the first year. Gaf did.

Oh god yes please give me a Syphon Filter. Glad to see I'm not the only one that thought about it after reading the title of the thread!

E3 hype building already and it's only mid April , fml.

This is killing me. I haven't been too bothered about E3 the last few years. (Although last year certainly had a buzz). This year now I have a PS4 and have seen glimpses of what to expect (especially from Sony's 1st Party) from the system I'm really excited to hear their future plans.

Probably because Sony have kept their cards very close to their chest. New games will be shown, we'll get a full idea of the line up for the rest of the year and what to expect in 2015 and both MS and Sony will be going all out for new buyers business.

Should be fantastic to witness.

harSon

Banned
I've been saying it for a while now, but Syphon Filter and Medievil are probably the two classic Sony franchises that I want a proper Next Generation release of. I'd be a happy man for the rest of the generation just with those two games.

Sony Bend's website was formally transferred to SCEA's servers around the same time, so I'd guess one of these is their game.
This is off-topic, but I just looked up Bend on Wiki and those fuckers made Bubsy 3D before Syphon Filter. Talk about moving up in the world.

Entwined sounds like LBP3 because... you know... yarn. That said, have they commented about the future of the LBP franchise that would confirm whether or not an E3 2014 announcement is a possibility?

yurinka

I see Entwined as Media Molecule's new IP, some kind of 3D Minecraft+LBP where players can share objects modeled, animated and texturized by them using Move and their new 3D camera and to use them to play. It would be the main exclusive game / selling point of both the camera and Move.

Kill Strain sounds as a Syphon Filter subtitle (or name for a full reboot), but I think it can be also Guerrilla's new IP because Bend also can be working in an Uncharted collection for PS4 that would include all PS3 and Vita games remastered.

Maybe Kill Strain is Guerilla's new FPS because they got sick of Killzone and they like the world "Kill". Guerilla zombie FPS with their tech sounds awesome to me.

Didn't I hear a rumour that Killzone was originally going to be called KIN, but Sony marketing back then said nope to such a generic name that didn't reflect the dark gritty FPS it was?

Entwined is a cool name.

But by complete contrast Kill Strain is absolutely terrible and I kind of feel the game deserves cancelling for that alone. :p

Completely agree. Entwined is a cool name with an air of mystique to it. It makes me think of Enslaved, Beyond: Two Souls or maybe even an RPG where the characters' fates are linked. On the other hand Kill Strain sounds pretty blunt and dumb.

That being said, I'm 100% behind new IPs, so yay!

Endo Punk

Completely agree. Entwined is a cool name with an air of mystique to it. It makes me think of Enslaved, Beyond: Two Souls or maybe even an RPG where the characters' fates are linked. On the other hand Kill Strain sounds pretty blunt and dumb.

That being said, I'm 100% behind new IPs, so yay!

Thanks a lot, I thought Entwined sounded cool as well but f it's anything like those wackjob games you named then I don't want anything to do with it. An RPG would be cool though :D

viveks86

Guys! What if they are the same game? One being the main title and the other the sub-title?

Entwined: Kill Strain?

Anyone? Anyone?

Ok then…

Entwined sounds like a Quantic Dream game. Maybe its the subtitle for the Beyond PS4 remaster.

Beyond: Entwined Souls

Kill Strain sounds like Syphon FIlter for sure! Perhaps a remake?

Top Bottom