• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Computer Entertainment America files trademarks for "Entwined" and "Kill Strain"

RytGear

Perhaps we are all looking too much into "strain" as a virus, it could be meaning it as in a struggle. Struggling to survive, to kill? Who knows.

ReaperXL7

Guys, they also filed a trademark for Arc the Lad last year and nothing has come of that either. There is no telling when we may, or may not see these games.

You know, I really hope we get something like Folklore for the PS4. I know the IP itself is dead, but I mean something with a similar scope and feel.
It's nice and all, having those bombastic action titles, and the ones that really push boundaries, which Sony is known for - but I'd love to have something like Folklore, a brilliantly crafted game which is doing its own thing, doesn't break the bank but has oodles of creativity to make up for its shortcomings as a graphical showcase.
It feels a bit like these kind of games are either relegated to handheld status (which is in itself a grim outlook for Sony's fledgling Vita) or are squarely in the 'indie' box and are digital downloads which often lack the replay value something like Folklore offered.

But I'm just dreaming - I'm sure 'Kill Strain' is some sort of flashy FPS game involving hordes of zombie-like creatures, and I'm sure it'll sell millions if it is. ._.

More PSN titles?

Sony needs more big AAA releases. They have plenty of downloadable titles. Wish they would get more of those going.

Hoo-doo

Banned
what was so great about syphon filter games? i never played them

i have 0 hope for guerrilla games new ip

I do have hope for Guerrilla Games' new IP.
They are a talented bunch and I honestly think being stuck in the FPS genre has limited them greatly.

I want to see them tackle something ambitious like an RPG or adventure game. (Hopefully the rumors pan out on this one)
Their ideas on FPS gameplay seem to have dried up somewhat, I think a fresh genre could spawn some really new and creative ideas from this team.

More PSN titles?

Sony needs more big AAA releases. They have plenty of downloadable titles. Wish they would get more of those going.

Where are you getting the idea from that these are just "PSN titles"? (As if that's even a derogatory term)

Demonite :
- teased the project codename for Sony's VR. ( red pill/blue pill)
- underwater VR demo.

And his infamous alphabetical list.
That's the definition of meh. He's for sure legit but doesn't really tell us much to be honest. I never saw the red pill/blue pill, that's really sneaky though! :D If I was in his place, I wouldn't either obviously. Better to let people see everything for themselves.

Sotha_Sil

SCE Bend, perhaps?

I do have hope for Guerrilla Games' new IP.
They are a talented bunch and I honestly think being stuck in the FPS genre has limited them greatly.

I've got hope for them now that they've hired one of Obsidian's writing leads in New Vegas.

Guys, they also filed a trademark for Arc the Lad last year and nothing has come of that either. There is no telling when we may, or may not see these games.
I want to believe Arc the Lad is coming and Verendus's FF rival game from Studio Japan is Legend of Dragoon reboot and Ni No Kuni 2 is coming from Level 5 and Persona 5 "color" is coming to the PS4 6 months after the release of the PS3 game and Final Fantasy XV is coming out Q1 of 2015.

#runonsentence and #iBelieve

That's the definition of meh. He's for sure legit but doesn't really tell us much to be honest. I never saw the red pill/blue pill, that's really sneaky though! :D If I was in his place, I wouldn't either obviously. Better to let people see everything for themselves.

Well, unlike the unaffiliated , Demonite will lose his job if he even so much sneezes what he's seen.

Where are you getting the idea from that these are just "PSN titles"? (As if that's even a derogatory term)

In the descriptions for each title it mentions them as "Downloadable titles via network". Definitely sounds PSN to me.

Oh and I didn't mean the term to sound denigrating. I just want to see more big releases on PS4.

Oooh new IP.

E3 can't come soon enough! I hope we see Sony's rumoured Final Fantasy style AAA JRPG. May still be too early though.
In the descriptions for each title it mentions them as "Downloadable titles via network". Definitely sounds PSN to me.

Aren't all games now ''downloadable titles via PSN''? Everything has a digital download option these days.

Salex_

More PSN titles?

Oh and I didn't mean the term to sound denigrating. I just want to see more big releases on PS4.

What the hell are you talking about? You do know that you can download every retail game on PSN, right?

Hoo-doo

Banned

It says: Computer game software; Downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices; Video game software

I believe this is just a catch-all phrase used for any kind of videogame software. I don't think this means it's PSN related at all.

Besides, isn't every retail game available to download from PSN on day one? AAA status or not.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Who within Sony are even capable of doing an FF style JRPG?
Legit question.
It sounds like a pipe dream to me.
Japan Studio. Who has hundreds of employees.
All games are released via PSN now. So that means nothing I think.

Oooh new IP.

E3 can't come soon enough! I hope we see Sony's rumoured Final Fantasy style AAA JRPG. May still be too early though.

Aren't all games now ''downloadable titles via PSN''? Everything has a digital download option these days.

Where was this rumored?

The only RPG I heard rumored from Sony making the rounds on here was that Guerilla Games RPG. Which was supposed to be more of a Western RPG.

VLiberty

Or Vita games.

Just kidding.
1388803737133.jpg

It says: Computer game software; Downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices; Video game software

I believe this is just a catch-all phrase used for any kind of videogame software. I don't think this means it's PSN related at all.

Besides, isn't every retail game available to download from PSN on day one? AAA status or not.

OK fair enough point. I just assumed that if it was a regular retail release it would've mentioned something like that in the description too. It only mentions downloadable.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Retail games do not have that "Downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices" addition

Infamous SS

KZSF

The Order

The Last Guardian :(
note: also says "Operating a real-time game for others over a global and local area computer networks"

Don't fuck with my dreams. :(

Studio Japan has 400+ people.

I just think that 'big budget FF style' RPG doesn't sound much like SCEJ to me, unless Sony is working with someone like Level 5 again to do a Rogue Galaxy type.
Internal SCEJ stuff is usually more experimental and smaller scale, no? SCEJ is big but I think they're all split into smaller teams which work on multiple projects at a time, an FF type might be hard to do with stuff like The Last Guardian in perpetual development.

Damn! 2 RPGs? That would be incredible.

I know. Very excited for the future of the PS4. Mainly because with all the indie games, F2P, HD ports and AAA exclusives / multi plat games it is positioning itself to have a line-up as diverse and exciting as the PS2.

Plus the controller is perfect.

Tratorn

I wish someone else than Verendus would leak/say something about a big JRPG developed by Sony Japan. Afaik nothing big/surprising from Verendus' leaks were confirmed yet.

But I want to believe. :/

Retail games do not have that "Downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices" addition

Infamous SS

KZSF

The Order

The Last Guardian :(
note: also says "Operating a real-time game for others over a global and local area computer networks"

It seems like it may be something new that they've started since Oreshika and Freedom Wars both have that description. Past download-only games don't include that description. For example

Word Mark HELLDIVERS
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; Video game software

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4804:xprmjg.16.15

Word Mark RESOGUN
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; Video game software. FIRST USE: 20130820

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4804:xprmjg.16.10

Yeah, that Downloadable description threw me off. We haven't seen that before for retail titles.

As for the names, they both sound pretty intriguing.

Entwined. A romantic western role playing game from Guerrilla Games.
Kill Strain. A stealth action game from Sony Bend.

I'll have both please.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Really hoping these are not f2p downloadable titles, And are Not shooters, more importantly. But there are way too many chances they will exactly be these.

Top Bottom