• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX: Deadly Descents EGM Details

soultron

Banned
I am eager for the haters to eat humble pie when the actual impressions hit.

There aren't enough snowboard games. This might not be the "old" SSX, but I'm intrigued by what they're trying. Since SSX3 is my favourite entry in the series, the open mountain concept sounds great to me. Natural hazards sounds cool too since there aren't enough games that use them as a mechanic.

Bring on the new SSX.

UnluckyKate said:
Random level are not intense bro. It's just lazy work from lazy level designers

I'd hardly call coding a tool that generates level meshes from real topographic data "lazy." It's actually an impressive technical feat.

soultron said:
I am eager for the haters to eat humble pie when the actual impressions hit.

There aren't enough snowboard games. This might not be the "old" SSX, but I'm intrigued by what they're trying. Since SSX3 is my favourite entry in the series, the open mountain concept sounds great to me. Natural hazards sounds cool too since there aren't enough games that use them as a mechanic.

Bring on the new SSX.

Don't you think everyone that has responded negatively WANTS to eat crow? This info just sounds....wrong. Thin air, and temperature are dangers? In SSX? Seriously?

soultron

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
Don't you think everyone that has responded negatively WANTS to eat crow? This info just sounds....wrong. Thin air, and temperature are dangers? In SSX? Seriously?
I just think people are too hung up on what SSX is/was. Sometimes wanting more of the same turns out poorly. Remember SSX Blur? Some will say that the controls killed it, but to me, it was more of the same and I was tired of it by that point.

It kind of grinds my gears when people say, "bu... bu... TOKYO MEGAPLEX!!" You want that track, or any of the past tracks? Then go fucking play that specific SSX game again. It's still there for you whenever you want it.

This is something new. Embrace it or pretend it doesn't exist if that helps you deal with the great crimes of today's video game market. SSX is an IP owned by one of the biggest publisher/developers in the game today; naturally they're going to try to appeal to everyone in an effort to make a fat wad of change. In my opinion, this game manages to do that (appeal to a broader audience so that the publisher will greenlight it) and take the series into territory that is not only new and exciting for the franchise, but then entire snowboarding genre at large.

Shit on it later if the impressions are sour, peeps.

soultron

Banned
yencid said:
lazy game/level design
Like Skip has already said, the topographic/random data is going to passed down to designers and artists to make them fun and "SSX" with colours.

I doubt a lot of you guys are even reading past the thread title.

soultron said:
I just think people are too hung up on what SSX is/was. Sometimes wanting more of the same turns out poorly. Remember SSX Blur? Some will say that the controls killed it, but to me, it was more of the same and I was tired of it by that point.

It kind of grinds my gears when people say, "bu... bu... TOKYO MEGAPLEX!!" You want that track, or any of the past tracks? Then go fucking play that specific SSX game again. It's still there for you whenever you want it.

This is something new. Embrace it or pretend it doesn't exist if that helps you deal with the great crimes of today's video game market. SSX is an IP owned by one of the biggest publisher/developers in the game today; naturally they're going to try to appeal to everyone in an effort to make a fat wad of change. In my opinion, this game manages to do that (appeal to a broader audience so that the publisher will greenlight it) and take the series into territory that is not only new and exciting for the franchise, but then entire snowboarding genre at large.

So.... Does it hurt? Like physically hurt being intelligent and reasonable?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
soultron said:
That's because the game was literally the same thing. It was old tracks from previous games. And it had zero voice acting and almost no personality in the characters. It was pretty barebones and was centered around the controls. I don't think the market was exactly oversaturated with SSX games, or light-hearted, silly snowboarding games at that.

Yes, it may seem like fans of this series are really coming down hard on this game, but it's entirely EA's fault. "Hey! Here's this franchise you guys have been dying for for over 5 years! Let's show a trailer that is indistinguishable as that franchise, and take a completely different turn in style."

Don't get me wrong. It's not like I'm hoping for this game to be horrible, but I'm not optimistic.

soultron

Banned
Fantastical said:
That's because the game was literally the same thing. It was old tracks from previous games. And it had zero voice acting and almost no personality in the characters. It was pretty barebones and was centered around the controls. I don't think the market was exactly oversaturated with SSX games, or light-hearted, silly snowboarding games at that.

Yes, it may seem like fans of this series are really coming down hard on this game, but it's entirely EA's fault. "Hey! Here's this franchise you guys have been dying for for over 5 years! Let's show a trailer that is indistinguishable as that franchise, and take a completely different turn in style."

Don't get me wrong. It's not like I'm hoping for this game to be horrible, but I'm not optimistic.
You're spot on about Blur.

Though as someone who didn't really even dig On Tour that much, I'm anticipating the change. I really enjoyed the what SSX was (again, until SSX OT and Blur.) but I'm also excited for where it seems to be going.

I'm waiting for the impressions though. I'm not going to sell it down shit creek yet.

EDIT: This thread has me hungry for snowboarding games now. Amped3 was great, but how is Stoked on consoles? Should I bother with Shawn White? Those are the two most previous snowboarding games that come to mind I've yet to try.

soultron said:

I think you've got it twisted. Nobody in their right minds wants the SAME thing as the past SSX games in a literal sense, which is exactly why Blur was disliked, aside from the controls, and complete lack of character as well.

What people want is the VIBE that SSX once stood for with its first 3 games. When they come out with a trailer that looks like a scene from a Bond movie, using music from a typical action movie, which shows absolutely no personality, people who've wanted a sequel to the franchise that pretty much died in 2003 get pissed. To top it off, the EGM info comes out, and there's still barely a focus on what made SSX...SSX.

I'm not doubting this could be a great game in its own right, but will it be SSX? If not, there will always be that lingering feeling of "Where the real SSX Tricky/SSX3 sequel?"

I liked SSX 3 over Tricky because they ADD features: open mountain, custominsation, events, crazy ass track variety (even if you can argue you liked more Tricky's tracks) but whatever

I hated On Tour because they changed basic super trick/uber trick mecanics to something really stupid, blury and with a camera than didn't let you see the ground so you can get on your board in time. Level design wasn't as appealing (I can hardly remember any track from On Tour but the one where you can grind all the way down, never hiting snow). Also, the made all the over the top bland: no big jumps any more. It almost felt like Amped or something. Art direction wasn't such a problem. Framerate was.

SSX 3 was a logical sept forward and even more. Why can't they do that again ? Give us a bigger mountain, ONE, with multiples scenery in one single mountain. It's SSX remember ? We could buy that because it's PURE ARCADE FUN and not a simulation. Hell, even the bat suit could work in SSX'3 tracks because they where big ass gaps and jump over peaks.

soultron

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
I think you've got it twisted. Nobody in their right minds wants the SAME thing as the past SSX games in a literal sense.

I agree. While certain people want the same characters (be that literally, or just in the sense that they were light-hearted... well, some of them. Psymon...) or the same style, I'm sure that still might be a hope for characters in this game. Elise is said to be making a return, and even if we don't get more returning SSX personas, we might get new ones that are great. They probably won't be light-hearted however, because of the more serious tone the game is taking. Then again, I never played SSX for the characters anyway. They made the experience fun, but the smooth controls and amazing track design (and the mountains in SSX3) made it incredible.

Net_Wrecker said:
What people want is the VIBE that SSX once stood for with its first 3 games. When they come out with a trailer that looks like a scene from a Bond movie, using music from a typical action movie, which shows absolutely no personality, people who've wanted a sequel to the franchise that pretty much died in 2003 get pissed. To top it off, the EGM info comes out, and there's still barely a focus on what made SSX...SSX.

I know the vibe isn't there. But think about when and where this game was first shown. The Spike VGAs are part of the (new) audience EA as a publisher is trying to approach with DD. The real reveal for us, the core gamers and existing series fans, is when we get to see a trailer containing gameplay. I'm sure the dev team at EA will try their best to highlight what makes DD an SSX game when they first show actual gameplay.

As far as music goes, Run DMC in Tricky was the only real track that I remember, so the usual EA Trax deal (top 40s -- worst possible outcome, variety of great songs not limited to 2010/11 -- great.) will probably offend most. Haha. Again, I play SSX for the snowboarding and track design.

Net_Wrecker said:
I'm not doubting this could be a great game in its own right, but will it be SSX? If not, there will always be that lingering feeling of "Where the real SSX Tricky/SSX2 sequel?"

I hear you. We will just have to wait and see. I just can't imagine a situation wherein, in today's market, that EA would greenlight an SSX game that we wanted. This just happens to be the SSX game that we're getting and that we might like if the dev team can pull it off to satisfy everyone.

UnluckyKate said:
SSX 3 was a logical sept forward and even more. Why can't they do that again ? Give us a bigger mountain, ONE, with multiples scenery in one single mountain. It's SSX remember ? We could buy that because it's PURE ARCADE FUN and not a simulation. Hell, even the bat suit could work in SSX'3 tracks because they where big ass gaps and jump over peaks.

Firstly, I agree with your points about On Tour. That's where I started to think the series was getting stale.

It seems that this game is geared towards SSX3 fans in that they're going back to the open mountain concept. In regards to wanting one big mountain, why should that matter to you when you'll have several mountains? Aside from maybe having to see a selection screen between mountains, you might as well be on one big mountain if you disregard that. Imagine if they let us use a helicopter to fly to peaks in the same mountain range? (Sorry for the derail, but that'd be awesome, IMO.)

Touching on the PURE ARCADE FUN thing, while the tone of the game might be more serious with the inclusion of natural hazards, I doubt the game will be going for a HARDCORE SNOWBOARDING SIMULATION since it's aimed at larger audience. I can't even name a snowboarding game that's more sim than Tony Hawk style fun-before-realism.

I know the Skate team might be working on this, but I just can't see them pushing for a more sim-style snowboarding game. (Think comparing Tony Hawk to Skate itself.)

I don't mind the idea of low oxygen/low temperatures; however, this is only because such concepts could mesh well with even the arcade-style SSX games. Making it deadly is just dumb.

soultron said:
I agree. While certain people want the same characters (be that literally, or just in the sense that they were light-hearted... well, some of them. Psymon...) or the same style, I'm sure that still might be a hope for characters in this game. Elise is said to be making a return, and even if we don't get more returning SSX personas, we might get new ones that are great. They probably won't be light-hearted however, because of the more serious tone the game is taking. Then again, I never played SSX for the characters anyway. They made the experience fun, but the smooth controls and amazing track design (and the mountains in SSX3) made it incredible.

I get that the gameplay and tracks matter in a big way, but the funny, or rage filled, or douchey, or sexy, or bro'd up, or hyper, or whatever characters were a big part of the overall vibe of SSX Tricky, and to a lesser extent, SSX3. Losing them, their cutscenes, and their rivalries lost the SOUL of SSX. All their little quips toward other racers, the rivalries during the race, and the way it felt like they were having fun made that atmosphere. If all we have now are straight hardcore dudebros, or boarders fearing for their lives, it's just such a different experience.

All I'm saying is that there's been no sign of this game having a soul so far, and that matters IMO. It's like Nathan Drake didn't have any "improvised" comments in Uncharted 3. It may seem like a small thing, but it's part of what makes Uncharted different.

soultron said:
I know the vibe isn't there. But think about when and where this game was first shown. The Spike VGAs are part of the (new) audience EA as a publisher is trying to approach with DD. The real reveal for us, the core gamers and existing series fans, is when we get to see a trailer containing gameplay. I'm sure the dev team at EA will try their best to highlight what makes DD an SSX game when they first show actual gameplay.

That's the thing, I don't need the "funky" vibe of SSX Tricky, but man, at least show it's still a fun time.

If the trailer had a shot overlooking a complete festival of sounds, lights, and characters right at the at the end when the dude popped open his wingsuit, I'd be going absolutely crazy with anticipation. It's THAT easy.

luffeN

But the oxygen thing is more or less like a frantic time trial in my eyes. And I think it would also be cool to have the sunlight idea implemented, could make for nice lighting in the game. But yeah, this freezing to death was in a mission in MW2 right? Where you had to go from one house to another.

graywolf323

soultron said:

SSX Blur's problem was being on Wii

and we want stuff like Tokyo Megaplex again but in HD, going back and playing it today just isn't the same

banKai said:
But the oxygen thing is more or less like a frantic time trial in my eyes. And I think it would also be cool to have the sunlight idea implemented, could make for nice lighting in the game. But yeah, this freezing to death was in a mission in MW2 right? Where you had to go from one house to another.

I don't know if it's in MW2, as I think Snowmobiles are for sissies and therefore didn't play it :lol , but there was a mission just like that in BF:BC2

Concerning SSX, I'll postpone my judgment at least until I see some extensive gameplay vids. The trailer and the YOU'RE GONNA DIE in many different ways admittedly doesn't bode well for the franchise, but stuff like SSX-ified real-world 360° mountains featuring the Kilimjaro, Alps, Siberia and so on sounds promising to me!

EA I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, don't let us down!

-PXG-

gondee said:
EGM Article on SSXDD is out.

Summary

• [*] Rewind Feature

Okay...

[*] 17 regions spread across the whole globe, each mountain ridable in all their 360º degrees of slopes, Stoked style. They're aiming for 70 open mountains. Mountains are generated automatically by the game, including some from topographic data like Google Earth. The producer talks about his programmer asking him to name any mountain, the producer said "Everest", the tech guy plugs that info into the mountain building program (dubbed "Mountain Man), and the program spit out a 100,000+ polygon rendered mountain.

Wow, thats very interesting

[*]Regions confirmed so far: Siberia, Himalayas (split into two mountains it would seem, for now), Kilimanjaro, Siberia, Caucasus, The Alps.

Sounds good.

[*]Each mountain is tailored to one kind of danger. Thin air, ice, temperature, will each be the main danger of one mountain range.

Could be neat. Gotta see how this pans out...

[*]The gear you purchase/earn will be important, each piece may be better to a certain condition/danger.

Nope. Just let me buy funky clothes for my character. I want a snowboarding game, not Man vs Wild, with a snowboard.
    [*]Elise is returning. Start guessing who the guy in the trailer is (or it could be a new fella...)

Alright. The other guy is Mac?

[*]There will be tracks in the game. They have natural shortcuts (this can mean the tracks could have the feel we're used them to have, the ramps, turns, etc, etc), some of the runs are pinched together, some others intersect.

Okie dokie

Not bad, but I still want something that is closer to the games from last-gen.

soultron

Banned
Net_wrecker, I see what you're saying. Hopefully the next time we read about or see the game there will be something for you and the other SSX fans who really dug the overall atmosphere of SSX.

Londa

Banned
gondee said:
EGM Article on SSXDD is out.

Summary

• Rewind Feature
  • 17 regions spread across the whole globe, each mountain ridable in all their 360º degrees of slopes, Stoked style. They're aiming for 70 open mountains. Mountains are generated automatically by the game, including some from topographic data like Google Earth. The producer talks about his programmer asking him to name any mountain, the producer said "Everest", the tech guy plugs that info into the mountain building program (dubbed "Mountain Man), and the program spit out a 100,000+ polygon rendered mountain.
  • Regions confirmed so far: Siberia, Himalayas (split into two mountains it would seem, for now), Kilimanjaro, Siberia, Caucasus, The Alps.
  • Each mountain is tailored to one kind of danger. Thin air, ice, temperature, will each be the main danger of one mountain range.
  • The gear you purchase/earn will be important, each piece may be better to a certain condition/danger.
  • Elise is returning. Start guessing who the guy in the trailer is (or it could be a new fella...)
  • There will be tracks in the game. They have natural shortcuts (this can mean the tracks could have the feel we're used them to have, the ramps, turns, etc, etc), some of the runs are pinched together, some others intersect.

nice that sounds pretty cool.

Mdk7

BuddhaRockstar said:
resistance2pic3.jpg
:lol
Well played!

Anyway the game seems promising, but it has NOTHING to do with SSX.

soultron

Banned
So, this finally came to me: what (most of) you are saying is that you'd like EA to re-release an SSX game in HD on PSN/XBLA as a pre-launch hype/tie-in deal.

soultron said:
So, this finally came to me: what (most of) you are saying is that you'd like EA to re-release an SSX game in HD on PSN/XBLA as a pre-launch hype/tie-in deal.

That would shut people up, and give them a chance to do something unique with Deadly Descents.

But they should probably do it like they originally planned to do with NBA Elite, in order to secure sales.

soultron said:
You're spot on about Blur.

Though as someone who didn't really even dig On Tour that much, I'm anticipating the change. I really enjoyed the what SSX was (again, until SSX OT and Blur.) but I'm also excited for where it seems to be going.

I'm waiting for the impressions though. I'm not going to sell it down shit creek yet.

EDIT: This thread has me hungry for snowboarding games now. Amped3 was great, but how is Stoked on consoles? Should I bother with Shawn White? Those are the two most previous snowboarding games that come to mind I've yet to try.
Stoked: Big Air Edition is awesome. Huge mountains and really cool day/night and weather cycles.

Didn't care for Shaun White Snowboarding.

soultron

Banned
Vinterbird said:
That would shut people up, and give them a chance to do something unique with Deadly Descents.

But they should probably do it like they originally planned to do with NBA Elite, in order to secure sales.
Like NBA Jam, right? (Was it retail or downloadable? For some reason I remember it being a retail product after Elite was cancelled.)

That'd work. I think an SSX game would make a great XBLA/PSN game if it only featured a small amount of tracks. I'd prefer a re-release in HD, but a new experience would be great too.

Neuromancer said:
Stoked: Big Air Edition is awesome. Huge mountains and really cool day/night and weather cycles.

Thanks. That sounds great. Sale +1!

soultron said:
Like NBA Jam, right? (Was it retail or downloadable? For some reason I remember it being a retail product after Elite was cancelled.)

That'd work. I think an SSX game would make a great XBLA/PSN game if it only featured a small amount of tracks. I'd prefer a re-release in HD, but a new experience would be great too.

They moved it to retail after killing Elite. But originally it was a pack-in only available with Elite. Which is the way they would need to go, if they were to make SSX3 (might as well go with the best game in the series) available.

Azih

Why they need to call this SSX? Can't they name this Call of Slope Honor: Deadly Descents or something instead?

soultron

Banned
Azih said:
Why they need to call this SSX? Can't they name this Call of Slope Honor: Deadly Descents or something instead?
You're reallllllly late on the COD/MOH jokes. Try again.

Vinterbird said:
They moved it to retail after killing Elite. But originally it was a pack-in only available with Elite. Which is the way they would need to go, if they were to make SSX3 (might as well go with the best game in the series) available.

I'd be cool with anything. At this point, more SSX/snowboarding games isn't a terrible idea, in my mind.

xBerserker said:
I just hope they keep the arcade style gameplay of the original PS2 games .... if not forget it!

What is so horrible about them trying something different? Did people respond with large amount of hate when they announced Burnout was going open world as well?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Vinterbird said:
What is so horrible about them trying something different? Did people respond with large amount of hate when they announced Burnout was going open world as well?
Yes, but in any event that largely kept the visual style of the previous Burnouts and Burnout never really had that much of a signature aesthetic or playstyle anyway, just signature mechanics.

Vinterbird said:

I am a fan of the Burnout Series and I enjoyed the open world of Burnout myself.

Future

UnluckyKate said:
That's the worst idea I've ever heard for a SSX level design
Yup. The design has always been mastering the shortcuts, learning when to do tricks for boosts to the next ssx sign, etc. With random maps, it seems more about reacting to unexpected terrain and staying alive from the harsh conditions. Interesting idea, but as an ssx fan of old I cant get that excited yet.

I know port begging is bannable, but I don't remember what platforms the game is supposed to release on. I've looked at the original thread and the website and I can't find anything on the platform. The 360 and PS3 are pretty obvious. I'm not even considering the Wii version so the one version that may hold potential is a PC version.

I say this because the mountain generation could be interesting when you take the power of a PC into account.

Boney

Banned
soultron said:
Net_wrecker, I see what you're saying. Hopefully the next time we read about or see the game there will be something for you and the other SSX fans who really dug the overall atmosphere of SSX.
Hopefully not, so I can just forget about this thing.

xBerserker said:
I am a fan of the Burnout Series and I enjoyed the open world of Burnout myself.

I did as well, but I'm strictly talking about when the announcement came. Same situation could come around with this game. People rage and the game turns out to be amazing.

Future said:
Yup. The design has always been mastering the shortcuts, learning when to do tricks for boosts to the next ssx sign, etc. With random maps, it seems more about reacting to unexpected terrain and staying alive from the harsh conditions. Interesting idea, but as an ssx fan of old I cant get that excited yet.

Read what Skip wrote on the previous page. It is not random terrain when you play it. it is designed by a dude somewhere.

SolarPowered said:
I know port begging is bannable, but I don't remember what platforms the game is supposed to release on. I've looked at the original thread and the website and I can't find anything on the platform. The 360 and PS3 are pretty obvious. I'm not even considering the Wii version so the one version that may hold potential is a PC version.

I say this because the mountain generation could be interesting when you take the power of a PC into account.

Again, read what Skip posted. And Deadly Descents is 360/PS3 only (from the press release):

"
SSX: Deadly Descents is in development at EA Canada under the EA SPORTSTM brand, and it will be available for the Xbox 360TM system and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI."

Vinterbird said:
Again, read what Skip posted. And Deadly Descents is 360/PS3 only (from the press release):

"
SSX: Deadly Descents is in development at EA Canada under the EA SPORTSTM brand, and it will be available for the Xbox 360TM system and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI."
You say it like it is obvious, but I find no mention of the platforms in this thread or in the OP of the announcement thread using Ctrl+F. The gametrailers video only has "TBA" in the platform section. I have not seen any links posted by skip either unless they're somewhere in the original thread. I have not seen the platforms, but it's not because of a lack of effort on my part...
Edit:
Just watched the official trailer and the youtube version, but still no mention of platform. Someone will probably provide a link soon enough.

soultron

Banned
skip said:
people seem to be missing my post from early in the thread:

skip said:
and before anyone freaks out about "real" mountains not being any fun, as you'll read in the EGMi companion piece, they're very aware about "SSX-ifying" the tracks after they've been generated from the topography.

also:
there will be colors

Mountain Man -> real terrain -> artists/designers -> SSX tracks

For the new page. (GAF Gold jokes go here.)

SolarPowered said:
You say it like it is obvious, but I find no mention of the platforms in this thread or in the OP of the announcement thread using Ctrl+F. The gametrailers video only has "TBA" in the platform section. I have not seen any links posted by skip either unless they're somewhere in the original thread. I have not seen the platforms, but it's not because of a lack of effort on my part...

Not a criticism of you, but I would say a general rule of thumb would be, that unless any developer specifically mentions the PC platform, it is just console. PC is not a given anymore.

And the mentioning of Skip was in regards to the random generated bit. Levels in the game will not be random generated you the player plays them.

And since you want confirmation, here is the press release in full:

EA ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF SSX: DEADLY DESCENTS
Riders to Battle the Most Treacherous Mountain Ranges on the Planet
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – December 13, 2010 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today the return of SSXTM, one of the most critically-acclaimed videogame properties of all-time. A stunning reinvention of the classic action snowboarding franchise, SSXTM: Deadly Descents packs adrenaline into every run with compelling characters and heart-pumping adventures as riders battle the most treacherous and diverse mountain ranges on Earth.

“An entire genre was born from the original SSX a decade ago, and it’s time to reboot one of the most popular franchises of all-time in an unpredictable and unexpected way,” said Peter Moore, President, EA SPORTS. “Fans have been begging for this since the launch of this generation of consoles, and we have an experience that will be worth the wait. This franchise has always been about racing, tricks, characters and fun – SSX: Deadly Descents will deliver all of that, and more, on a global scale, with rich online experiences, and with the sense of adventure never before imagined on a snowboard.”

Redefining the SSX franchise, SSX: Deadly Descents will pit riders versus both mountain and man. Players will explore the story of a team who seek to be the first to descend the faces of the most treacherous mountain ranges on the planet. The team will travel the world to face the worst that Mother Nature can throw at them. From the peaks of the Himalayas, where the air is so thin that riders have to descend through the death zone at breakneck speeds to keep from blacking out, to the solid ice ranges of Antarctica, where a sunlit line is the only survival option when temperatures drop 50 degrees centigrade in the shade. And the mountain isn’t the only danger players will face. In SSX: Deadly Descents the first goal is to survive. The second, in true SSX fashion, is to look good doing it.

SSX: Deadly Descents is in development at EA Canada under the EA SPORTSTM brand, and it will be available for the Xbox 360TM system and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

EA SPORTSTM is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers experiences that ignite the emotions of sport through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active.

For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
####

About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTSTM, EATM, EA MobileTM and POGOTM. In fiscal 2010, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.7 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million units. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.

EA, EA SPORTS, EA Mobile, POGO and EA SPORTS Active are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. John Madden, NFL, FIFA, NHL, NCAA, NASCAR, Tiger Woods and PGA TOUR are trademarks of their respective owners and used with permission. Microsoft, Xbox and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Top Bottom