• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Have seen Kekkai sensen, Mob Psycho (loved), Code Geass and Rakugo (first half was amazing). Have been eyeing Barakamon and Code Breaker. Could use a good action in my line up, might check that out right now. Havent heard of Kyousougiga but it looks interesting! Thanks! Love Danmachi but mainly for Bell amd Hestia, dunno if Oratoria is gonna fly with me..will take a look at D Frag too now Konosubas over

Check out Yozakura Quartet if you want some good action.

Watched a few episodes and thought about how long it took me to get caught up on One Piece and steered away. Might come back to Gintama when my kids start school and I get more time. Also love the avatar, P3 was my favorite in the series.

Oh trust me I was a bit daunted by how many episodes it had. But man once I reached episode 25 I was extremely hooked. The majority of people say that the show clicks at episode 25 because that's when most of the characters are introduced. Although I was enjoying it well before that lol. Anyway it has some of the best if not best comedy in anime.

Also nice to see another P3 fan.

cometbus

Neo Member
Oh trust me I was a bit daunted by how many episodes it had. But man once I reached episode 25 I was extremely hooked. The majority of people say that the show clicks at episode 25 because that's when most of the characters are introduced. Although I was enjoying it well before that lol. Anyway it has some of the best if not best comedy in anime.

Also nice to see another P3 fan.

I'll give it another chance soon enough. A good comedy is always nice. Genshiken isn't exactly a comedy but it made me laugh out loud so often while reading my wife thought I was crazy. Best cast ever. Only watched 3 or 4 episodes of Gintama and it was just all over tbe place. Not bad though, just kinda crazy.

JulianImp

First post. Been following thread a long time. Need recommendations 😁. Huge UC gundam fan. Favorite manga is Genshiken original cast and i follow One Piece. Just got caught up on re:creators. Following knights and magic and otherworldly restaurant and MHA this season. Just looking for a good watch, wondering if I should jump into Made in the Abyss. Just watched Grimoire of Zero, wasnt bad. Not really offended by anything. Also enjoyed Danmachi, is Sword of Oratoria worth a watch? My view time is limited otherwise I'd just watch a bit of everything. Also big HxH fan and Welcome to the NHK holds a special place in my heart. Any recommendations would be much appreciated, I have crunchyroll and amazon strike.
Thanks!
-Comet

Here're some general recommendations that are available on CR:
- Haibane Renmei
- Code Geass
- Mushishi
- Barakamon
- Space Brothers
- Great Teacher Onizuka
- Mob Psycho 100
- One Punch Man
- Rakugo
- Kokoro Connect

Not as good, but still pretty decent shows:
- The World God Only Knows (maybe, and only if you're into romcoms)
- Saga of Tanya the Evil
- Thunderbolt Fantasy
- Girlish Number
- ReLife
- Fate: Zero
- Death Note

You might want to page Nintendoman if you want to watch anything related to Gundam and mecha in general.

cometbus

Neo Member
Here're some general recommendations that are available on CR:
- Haibane Renmei
- Code Geass
- Mushishi
- Barakamon
- Space Brothers
- Great Teacher Onizuka
- Mob Psycho 100
- One Punch Man
- Rakugo
- Kokoro Connect

Not as good, but still pretty decent shows:
- The World God Only Knows (maybe, and only if you're into romcoms)
- Saga of Tanya the Evil
- Thunderbolt Fantasy
- Girlish Number
- ReLife
- Fate: Zero
- Death Note

You might want to page Nintendoman if you want to watch anything related to Gundam and mecha in general.

Have seen a good bit of that list but not all, will check out the others. Thank you. Have seen a lot of mech stuff with Mobile Suit Gundam and Zeta still being my favorite. Well and ZZ. Just watches first 2 episodes of Noragami, really enjoying it and will finish. Barakamon is probably next. Thank you all for the recommendations.

15031157742144jyxy.jpg

So Japan can turn everything into a Nendo.

Busaiku

Harumi nooooooooo.
Whyyyyyyyyy.

It was a good movie, but not one I'd really watch again.
Certainly not another 45 minute drive.

Symphogear AXZ 6

Maria stuff was nice but overlong noise fights have been done to death and represent the worst part of the franchise. It's like watching someone else play a musou game rather than being any sort of engaging.

alcanoise fights are like the filler in a megaman stage untill you get to the boss. i may not like them, but they are unfortunately a budget saving necessity for the good stuff.:(

Made in Abyss 7

Ohh, a bit disappointed with this.
-I thought things would get
serious here, so I didn't like the twist of 'she was really testing them, she happens to be the tough mentor type!"
-I also don't like the consequence, now having a
training episode in episode 8 of a total of 12 or 13... let's see if they announce later a second season.
-I checked the equivalent manga chapter. The atmosphere was much more dark and thick on it! The anime is doing the fantasy adventure angle well, but it doesn't seem to reach the same heights when it's supposed to go dark.

Jintor

first time i've been to a western anime con in years and it was pretty fun, even by myself (some personal stuff came up which borked my initial plans and i didn't bother modifying them)

my next year goals are probably a) run an artists' booth b) go with friends c) cosplay

Narag

My Hero Academia S2 20

Final shot before the credits being the setting sun was a great little touch. Secret history of Japan and the origination of One For All was nice too since it was reaching back into the past to answer the questions that arose from the show's present. Makes everything feel rather well thought out and planned.

First post. Been following thread a long time. Need recommendations 😁. Huge UC gundam fan. Favorite manga is Genshiken original cast and i follow One Piece. Just got caught up on re:creators. Following knights and magic and otherworldly restaurant and MHA this season. Just looking for a good watch, wondering if I should jump into Made in the Abyss. Just watched Grimoire of Zero, wasnt bad. Not really offended by anything. Also enjoyed Danmachi, is Sword of Oratoria worth a watch? My view time is limited otherwise I'd just watch a bit of everything. Also big HxH fan and Welcome to the NHK holds a special place in my heart. Any recommendations would be much appreciated, I have crunchyroll and amazon strike.
Thanks!
-Comet

Please watch Battery, Ace of Diamond, God Eater, and HeroBank.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
My Hero Academia Season 2, Episode 20:

So at last we end the Internship arc with some basic training to showcase how much progress has been actually made by some of the new breed of heroes and also we learn about the secret wars and an old evil that is still lurking behind them.

Vatican Miracle Examiner Ep 7

God works in mysterious ways the anime, lol.

Such intense love and finally glad to see it with Roberto directed to Hiraga, and not just Hiraga one side anymore. Best episode thus far.

Baha baha baha soul

Cerby again, if only we got fenrir (if fenrir is even in both gbf and bahamuto)

Mugaro and Azazel was the best development, nice moment, amazing.

Alessand finally getting over his feelings of worthlessness was great as well.

I really want a super happy ending for this anime please deliver.

canon
tumblr_oux2kqxQUT1wpt6bzo1_1280.png

Qurupeke

Zaregoto 4-6
MQCQsLJ.png
DFSH2YX.png
eadDghE.jpg

Handa Rei the best.
The sixth one was the best episode so far. The maid scene was excellent, reminded me a lot of Senjougahara's way of talking to Araragi. So, the mystery has been solved but I'm not sure exactly how. I hope it's not nonsensical.

phaze

Zaregoto 4-6

The sixth one was the best episode so far. The maid scene was excellent, reminded me a lot of Senjougahara's way of talking to Araragi. So, the mystery has been solved but I'm not sure exactly how. I hope it's not nonsensical.

Yeah, I've no clue what conclusion they've gotten to but hopefully it's good and logical.

OP song is sooo good.

ReCreators 18

Noooo I wanted Sho and Yuya to keep fighting, but lol at Yuya thinking Sho was just doing it cause he wanted to hang out, so sweet and cool at the same time. The crowd reaction was the best too everyone spoiled lol.

Too bad no other series has tried to do the cross property collab, it works so well for this anime even though everything is fictional.

phaze

Detroit Metal City 02-04

Not really feeling it, pretty much every single joke boils down to Negishi being forced to act out his Krauser persona and thus, ruining his other life. Which is fine onceor twice but not when you repeat it ad naseum to the accompaniment of probably largest and direst array of slurs I've seen in anime.

BnHA 30

Todoroki can instantanously make an ice mountain the size of a big stadium but he can't freeze a 4 meter wide alleyway.

... Okay I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom