• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor: Heroes vs Villains - Thursdays at 8:00pm ET/PT (beginning Feb. 4th)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozak

Banned
Manics said:
Man Russell is stupid. He's far from the "greatest player of all time". Had Rupert won immunity he was all set to vote Parvati out. Why??? To leave Colby and Rupert in the final 5 so that one of them has a better chance of winning immunity next episode? If either Colby or Rupert make the finals they won the million. Why in the hell wouldn't Russell know that without even thinking about it?? He was upset with Parvati so was going to vote on his "today's feeling" instinct. The fact that Parvati won immunity actually benefitted Russell and he doesn't even realize it.

It doesn't really matter who he votes out at this point of the game because everyone hates him anyway. He wasn't all of a sudden going to have a bigger chance of winning by not voting Parvati.

Galang

Banned
ErasureAcer said:
I missed the past 3 episodes or so (if anyone noticed I wasn't posting) but caught tonight's...so let me add my 8 cents. If Sandra or Parvati win we have another epic fail season.

Don't agree at all. In my opinion the only players this entire season to make successful good/interesting strategic moves have been the Villains - Parvati, Sandra and Russell. On the heroes side, JT and Amanda had potential, but they ultimately made the wrong moves. Rupert was really the only hero to do anything worthwhile. Colby has been absolutely pathetic and Candice flip flopped way too easily as she did in the Cook Islands.

Russell did a good job "getting" to the end, but he somehow can't comprehend the way he's playing isn't going to get him any votes. Sure people always get stabbed in the back, but Russell takes it to the extreme. Even in the reward challenge with his wife, he just can't seem to get his mind out of the game. The game is for a million dollars sure, but he really needs to relax. One of the members in the final tribal last season made the point that he never got the time to get to know her personally, and while it seemed silly to me at the time, it's rare you see Russell having fun with the other players unless he just pulled off some big blindside.

Parvati/Sandra have this in the bag if they make it. Parvati has played the best all around game this season, and while Sandra didn't make as many big plays... She's done a lot of great strategical social moves to try and get herself further even if they didn't always work. She never just gave up like Colby, and it's not as though Russell didn't notice her hatred for him. She's been confident and one of the only ones to not let herself get completely intimidated by Russell, trying to get him out on multiple occasions. Now would be a stupid time to get rid of him since everyone realizes he's a free win.

BigJonsson said:
lol @ the Palm Pre

They seriously must have paid Parvati to say the best part of the reward was having the Pre there to take pictures to capture the moment.

YOU'RE SURROUNDED BY BROADCAST QUALITY HD VIDEO CAMERAS AT ALL TIMES!!!! WTF?!

xbhaskarx

Manics said:
To leave Colby and Rupert in the final 5 so that one of them has a better chance of winning immunity next episode? If either Colby or Rupert make the finals they won the million.

I don't think there is any way Colby is winning a million dollars. The dude is just awful at this point. The way he was yelling at his brother in the reward challenge? And then with his ass on the line he lasted ten seconds in the immunity challenge! I don't think anyone is going to vote for him, if I was Russell I'd want to take Colby and Jerri with me to the end.

xbhaskarx

J-Rod said:
I hate the voting aspect, because I can't stand the hypocrisy of the booted out members while they deride the winners, especially on JT and Stephen's season. Also, I'm still butthurt that Nat won last season.

You mean the final vote. I agree completely.

bill0527 said:
Russell is fucked either way, but if I were him, I'd take my chances going against Rupert and Colby rather than Parvatti. At least he'd have a play against them trying to convince the jury that he was the last villain standing. Colby hasn't done shit all season, and Rupert has been an annoying fuck. But EVERYBODY likes Parvatti, and those that may be sitting on the fence about giving her a million bucks will be won over at the final speech. This is how she does it... every single time.

This.

TheFury

My guess is Russell will be going after Sandra next episode. After her confrontation with him and her hidden immunity idol it seems like she could go next. Either that or he'll go for Parvati if she doesn't win again. Colby won't get too many votes and Jerri hasn't done a whole lot either so he should stick with them.

Galang

Banned
Guessing Sandra as well.

Usually I don't really mind people coasting to the final, especially if they were in a solid alliance that took them there... but Colby is one of the worst offenders ever, seeing how his alliance was dominated anyway. If he makes it to the final, there is no way he'll be winning, but if he somehow does it would ruin this season for me. And I'm never one to ever say that. :lol

nomster

Sandra and Parvati have to believe bringing each other to the end gives them the best chance at winning (both previous winners). If it's three they'll want Russell, no one is voting for him this time.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I agree w/ the consensus. Russell's best chance is to take Jerri and Colby with him.

I also thought the idea of taking Rupert and Colby was strong. The jury would've been stacked with his former alliance, and despite back-stabbing him, they woulda gone for it, I think.

Let's break down the Jury here in that scenario:

Coach - Russell
Courtney - Rupert
J.T. - Rupert
Amanda - Rupert
Candice - ???
Danielle - Russell
Parvarti - Russell
Sandra - Rupert
Jerri - Russell

It would've still been close, but I think he could've pulled it off. He really only would need to steal/sway one vote. And JT and Amanda would both be fence-sitters, along with Candice.

Votes he could lose would be Danielle, maybe Parvarti, but I think Parv, Coach and Jerri woulda stuck with him. That's a solid three votes when you only need 5.

Yeah, this season is really making Russell look bad. The only reason he is here is because Parvati and Sandra want him along for the ride; everyone knows that people on the jury absolutely hate him. If he was the threat he thinks he is, it would have been him over Rupert tonight.

This is Parvati and Sandra's game at this point. Parvati has played the best game; hell, if she wins this, I think she becomes the undisputed best player ever. Sandra has stuck in there, and has a shot to win, but I feel she is more vulnerable than Parvati in the next few, especially since Parvati is a late-game immunity monster (seriously, her balance, concentration, dexterity, and endurance are ridiculous. And thats what most of the final challenges come down to).

Parvati and Sandra are also known for amazing jury speeches. Parvati's jury performance in Micronesia was fucking legendary (a lot like Todd's in fact). If they both make it there, it'll be interesting to see them go head to head. It won't make a difference I think, because Parvati has like the entire jury on lockdown (small things like saying "HOT" to Danielle tonight add up), but it'd be fun to watch.

nomster said:
Sandra and Parvati have to believe bringing each other to the end gives them the best chance at winning (both previous winners). If it's three they'll want Russell, no one is voting for him this time.

I think Sandra's only chance to win is if Parvati's gone. Parvati is too strong to go head to head against right now.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Now, alternatively, the best case scenario might be if he can get to the end with Colby and Sandra.

Coach - Russell
Courtney - Sandra/Colby
J.T. - Colby/Russell
Amanda - Colby/Russel
Candice - ???
Danielle - Sandra
Rupert - Colby
Parvarti - Russell
Jerri - Russell

I wouldn't put it past Russell to win here. I think Jerri would get more votes than Sandra. But Sandra can be tough with the jury. That said - you can argue that she's a former winner and doesn't deserve it again.

jstevenson said:
I agree w/ the consensus. Russell's best chance is to take Jerri and Colby with him.

I also thought the idea of taking Rupert and Colby was strong. The jury would've been stacked with his former alliance, and despite back-stabbing him, they woulda gone for it, I think.

Coach - Russell
Courtney - Rupert
J.T. - Rupert
Amanda - Rupert
Candice - ???
Danielle - Russell
Parvarti - Russell
Sandra - Rupert
Jerri - Russell

It would've still been close, but I think he could've pulled it off. He really only would need to steal/sway one vote. And JT and Amanda would both be fence-sitters, along with Candice.

Votes he could lose would be Danielle, maybe Parvarti, but I think Parv, Coach and Jerri woulda stuck with him. That's a solid three votes when you only need 5.

Russell is dead last right now. Colby would get more votes than Russell. If Russell makes it to the final 3 or 2, he is getting 0 votes. Everyone hates him. Watch the Ponderosa clips. The people you are listing voting him hate him. Last season proved how bad he is a jury speeches too, so he can't sway votes by smooth talking either. Hes fucked.

Russell wants to feel like its his strategy that got him this far, but in reality, its the fact that hes so unlikable. Smart players keep unlikable players around; they aren't threats.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
The Crimson Blur said:
Russell is dead last right now. Colby would get more votes than Russell. If Russell makes it to the final 3 or 2, he is getting 0 votes. Everyone hates him. Watch the Ponderosa clips. The people you are listing voting him hate him. Last season proved how bad he is a jury speeches too, so he can't sway votes by smooth talking either. Hes fucked.

Russell wants to feel like its his strategy that got him this far, but in reality, its the fact that hes so unlikable. Smart players keep unlikable players around; they aren't threats.

After watching one clip - you're right. He has zero chance. Wow.

ToxicAdam

I think enough fair minded people will set aside their differences about Russell if he is up against a non-entity like Colby. I think the people playing the game respect it enough not to reward someone that has had absolutely zero effect on the game. Jerri has at least made some moves (although most have backfired for her) and won immunity/challenges to where you can make a justification for it.

ToxicAdam said:
I think enough fair minded people will set aside their differences about Russell if he is up against a non-entity like Colby. I think the people playing the game respect it enough not to reward someone that has had absolutely zero effect on the game. Jerri has at least made some moves (although most have backfired for her) and won immunity/challenges to where you can make a justification for it.

I think it'd be close. I'd say Colby has the edge though, especially because the fact of the matter is that if he magically makes it to the end, he must have done something right in the next few votes (whether win immunity or make a new alliance) to stay in the game.

Its an impossible scenario though. Both have no chance.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
jstevenson said:

Coach - Russell
Courtney - Rupert
J.T. - Rupert
Amanda - Rupert
Candice - ???
Danielle - Russell
Parvarti - Russell
Sandra - Rupert
Jerri - Russell

Every single person in the Ponderosa hates Russell. He would not have a chance. Danielle is still pissed. Coach has called him a scumbag on a few occasions. Courtney sure as shit wouldn't vote for him. He MIGHT get Parvati and Jerri's vote but thats about it.

EDIT: already been posted......

bill0527

Incoming Russell Defense Force:

I can't verify with 100% proof, but I'm pretty sure that he did not know the outcome of his previous season before they started filming HvV. I'm pretty sure they had wrapped shooting HvV before the winner of the previous season was announced.

I believe that he showed up at HvV thinking that he had the previous season in the bag. This was before he knew that he got stung by a bitter jury at the finale.

I think this is why he used the exact same strategy, and even went a little more extreme with it.

Regardless whether that's the case or not, the guy has got to be mentally and physically tired for playing this game back-to-back. Probst has even eluded as much in his blog. Its hard enough to play this game once, but to go home for a few days and be called back to play it again, is very tough. He had to go back out there again before his body had a chance to recover. That's probably a big factor as to why we're seeing a Russell meltdown the last couple of weeks.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
bill0527 said:

I can't verify with 100% proof, but I'm pretty sure that he did not know the outcome of his previous season before they started filming HvV. I'm pretty sure they had wrapped shooting HvV before the winner of the previous season was announced.

I believe that he showed up at HvV thinking that he had the previous season in the bag. This was before he knew that he got stung by a bitter jury at the finale.

I think this is why he used the exact same strategy, and even went a little more extreme with it.

Regardless whether that's the case or not, the guy has got to be mentally and physically tired for playing this game back-to-back. Probst has even eluded as much in his blog. Its hard enough to play this game once, but to go home for a few days and be called back to play it again, is very tough. He had to go back out there again before his body had a chance to recover. That's probably a big factor as to why we're seeing a Russell meltdown the last couple of weeks.

He looked pretty pissed at the finale of last season.

DrForester said:
He looked pretty pissed at the finale of last season.

Russel was an idiot last season. He makes it to the final and then proceeds to tell everyone on the jury how stupid they were to get kicked off because of him. If he pulls the same shit again he won't win.

nomster

bill0527 said:

It is 100% true that he didn't know the outcome. None of the HvV cast had seen him before and the finale of Samoa would have aired after the season ran.

I agree with your post, but it seems like he's gone a little more cut throat this season. During Samoa he kept his tribe in line pretty much the whole way through without having to resort to flipping around.

Galang

Banned
^ :lol.

As far as voting goes, there's no way Coach/Danielle would vote for Russell. Anyone really think otherwise? :lol Can't wait to hear the speeches at tribal if he's in the end, especially Coach's spin about integrity.

I agree Russell's best change is to take Jerri/Colby, although I'd actually see Jerri getting votes in that scenario as well.

Mercury Fred said:

Die

2yxhv0y.jpg

Parvati ugly? What show are you watching?

But anyways, there's no way Coach votes for Russell. Haven't any of you been watching Ponderosa? They all hate him and if Russell goes against someone who he would normally have a chance against winning, the jury is going to vote out of spite against Russell.

I can't see Coach, Courtney, or Danielle voting for Russell at all and the Heroes don't like him anyway. I honestly don't think there's a chance Russell can win unless they put aside all their feelings towards him and look at how many big moves he's made. But that rarely happens.

ElyrionX

At this point in time, I don't care who wins as long as it's not Colby and Jerri. Colby is absolutely worthless and Jerri is just a dumb bitch.

artist

Banned
ElyrionX said:
At this point in time, I don't care who wins as long as it's not Colby and Jerri. Colby is absolutely worthless and Jerri is just a dumb bitch.
I have the same feelings towards Sandra, Parvati & Colby.

Also I have got to say in this episode;

Russell +1
Sandra -2
Parvati 0
Jerri +1
Colby NA

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ElyrionX said:
Colby should be outcast to a third tribe. Dude was so badass season 2 and is now a senile douche.

Galang

Banned
ElyrionX said:

100% agreed. :D

I wonder if the next place they choose for Survivor will be interesting. The previews for the next season have always been boring for as long as I can remember. Each place looks exactly the same as the next to me. :lol

Galang said:
I wonder if the next place they choose for Survivor will be interesting. The previews for the next season have always been boring for as long as I can remember. Each place looks exactly the same as the next to me. :lol
It's rumored that the next season of Survivor will be shot in
Nicaragua

That feeling you have about each place looking exactly the same as the next is going to continue as well as they plan to shoot two seasons back-to-back in the same location going forward. (I suppose the even seasons will now be the "gimmick" seasons... i.e. All-Stars, Exile Island, Fans vs. Favorites, Heroes vs. Villains, 4 tribes divided by race, etc.)

B-Rad Lascelle said:
Nicaragua

That feeling you have about each place looking exactly the same as the next is going to continue as well as they plan to shoot two seasons back-to-back in the same location going forward. (I suppose the even seasons will now be the "gimmick" seasons... i.e. All-Stars, Exile Island, Fans vs. Favorites, Heroes vs. Villains, 4 tribes divided by race, etc.)

I want to see them go back to Africa where they have to put up a barrier to protect the contestants from lions. lol. Survivor + Lions = WIN

Galang

Banned
B-Rad Lascelle said:
Nicaragua

Ah thanks! Well guess I'll have to get used to it. :lol

Hmm I suppose the even seasons are the gimmick ones at this point. I usually prefer those to the odd numbered seasons myself.

B-Rad Lascelle said:
Nicaragua

I'll never get Survivor Alaska, will I? :(

So I take it this season will be a final three? I hate final three finales...

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Zombie James said:
I'll never get Survivor Alaska, will I? :(

So I take it this season will be a final three? I hate final three finales...

You'll never get anywhere where all of the hot women they cast aren't in bikinis

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Russell has a huge uphill battle here, I do think is best chance is to side with Colby right now and hope that either of the two of them win this first immunity challenge.

Then get Jerri to swing her vote for Parvati, then leaving him, Sandra, Jerri and Colby, next he would have to get everyone to vote Colby off. From there he has a tough choice of taking either Jerri or Sandra with him, think he should definitely take Jerri.

Either way though I am pretty sure he has no shot at winning the jury over. :/

goldenticket said:
Who does everyone want to win? Im just rooting against russell and parv not really rooting for anyone
I'll be happy with any of the ladies.
Colby doesn't deserve it and Russell doesn't stand a chance in hell of winning.

Galang

Banned
Parvati/Sandra for me. Russell if they don't make it

Is Russell Serious? He Thinks colby played a better game than Sandra? Did he not learn anything from Natalie either way. :lol

NightHawk17 said:
is it me or are the challenges really stupid now compared to earlier seasons(think austrailia). alot of the individual challenges are less physical based
Speak for yourself, I think the dish balancing challenge is genius.
Colby put in an impressive showing by his standards for this season.
Parv continues to school the competition.

As for Russell learning anything from Nat last season, it's not like he knew she smoked him in the jury vote with her "ineffective gameplay" before returning to Samoa to tape Heroes vs. Villains. That's the main reason he's repeated so many of the same mistakes.

Amanda fell into the same trap with Fans vs. Favorites when she airballed two consecutive jury votes.

Galang

Banned
Very good point about the back to back seasons. It'll be interesting to see who wins the next challenge, Parvati is gone if she doesn't win. Didn't expect her to have beaten Amanda record as of tonight for surviving the Most days, I think she finished around 7th on her first game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom