• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor: Heroes vs Villains - Thursdays at 8:00pm ET/PT (beginning Feb. 4th)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zombie James said:
How do you guys expect people on the jury to vote for Russel when he made everyone a target and did nothing to get people to like or trust him? Even his own damn alliance didn't trust him.
For real. How can anyone be surprised at this. Russell burnt all his bridges and pissed everyone off and in a game that is so social, it's suicide.

unomas

Banned
Zombie James said:
How do you guys expect people on the jury to vote for Russel when he made everyone a target and did nothing to get people to like or trust him? Even his own damn alliance didn't trust him.

Haha, I'll say the same thing I did last season. Outwit, outlast, outplay. It says nothing about get everyone to like you, or vote for the person who did nothing because they didn't control any of the decisions that got you voted out.

She didn't win anything, was horrible in challenges, I mean really?

The right person won. This isn't a sports competition the social game is the most important aspect. Russell is an idiot and completely incompetent, sounds like a bumbling retard in front of the jury. Best player = one that wins, that is the goal not to vote people out.

Meier

Zombie James said:
There's more to being the top Survivor than to being likable. Russell got robbed again. At least he got in good shape while on the show though.. that clip of the first day from last season to him now is crazy! :lol

I would agree that Russell fucked this up for himself, but I wish people could at least stop pretending they have some moral high ground.

Meier said:
There's more to being the top Survivor than to being likable. Russell got robbed again. At least he got in good shape while on the show though.. that clip of the first day from last season to him now is crazy! :lol
You can screw everyone over and win, it happened before. Russell has to convince them he deserves their vote and he doesn't have the vocabulary or mental competence to do so.

The goal of the game is to get people to vote for you, not to vote people out or control the game. If what you do results in you getting no votes then your game is poor.

This thread is soggy from all the bitter tears. One of the parts of winning Survivor is not being the least liked person left when the jury votes. Russell can't pull that off. And outside of Hatch in Season 1 no player has won that way.

And there you go. Tom just spoke my next sentence. Having a great physical and mental game isnt good enough. How you treat people counts too.

eznark

Banned
This is only the second time I've watched the show but holy shit, what a ridiculously flawed game. I thought the ride was really cool but the way it ends is obnoxious. Why let losers pick the winner? Makes no sense.

BamYouHaveAids said:
You can screw everyone over and win, it happened before. Russell has to convince them he deserves their vote and he doesn't have the vocabulary or mental competence to do so.
If Russell wants to play the "screw everyone" card and win, he needs to take lessons from Richard Hatch and Brian Heidik.

He can't lace their boots. (You guys crying foul really need to watch Survivor Thailand.)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The best reality show player of all time is Will Kirby from BB2, and that dude did nothing but shit on people all season.

Ugh. Something about Sandra rubs me the wrong way. Glad I missed a few episodes near the backstretch here...and wasn't as emotionally invested in this season. Oh yeah and fuck digital TV. My CBS station went kaput right before the Colby vote out. Had to watch the rest in my building's common area.

I'm not watching the reunion show...but is James' leg still f'ed up? Looks like he had a limp going on when he walked in.

well the players know before it starts that some of the people voted off will be the jury. so if you stab them in the back chances are they arent going to vote for you

Diffense

Everyone knows what the game is like going in.
So you have to keep the potential jury in mind as you act.
There is a huge continuum between being a coat-tail rider and pissing everyone off so much they can never bring themselves to vote for you.

eznark

Banned
Y2Kev said:
The best reality show player of all time is Will Kirby from BB2, and that dude did nothing but shit on people all season.
Who was the dude in like the 5th season (or so, I have no idea) who they kept trying to vote out but he kept winning challenges and convincing people to use him to backdoor someone else? That dude was absolutely amazing.

Seriously. Fuck the jury system.
Yup, I gave the show two chances. Done.

Y2Kev said:

All I remember about that guy(it was such a long time ago) is that he gave the best ending speech ever in the history of reality tv. Of course, I only saw the ending speech once...maybe it sucked haha...but I was impressed with it at the time of airing.

eznark said:
This is only the second time I've watched the show but holy shit, what a ridiculously flawed game. I thought the ride was really cool but the way it ends is obnoxious. Why let losers pick the winner? Makes no sense.

Because how you treat people when you are playing the game is going to count in the end.

Why not get rid of the physical challenges because some people arent as good at them? Why not get rid of the mental puzzle challenges and the idols because people like JT are too stupid to compete mentally?

What the people at the end think of how you treated people to get there counts. Deal with it.

Meier

Sandra blowing smoke up our asses claiming there is any strategy to her game. Ugh, I just want to puke watching this.

unomas

Banned
I <3 Memes said:
This thread is soggy from all the bitter tears. One of the parts of winning Survivor is not being the least liked person left when the jury votes. Russell can't pull that off. And outside of Hatch in Season 1 no player has won that way.

And there you go. Tom just spoke my next sentence. Having a great physical and mental game isnt good enough. How you treat people counts too.

The only bitter tears are from the jury. Someone has to do the dirty work in the game, and because that person did the work it means they can't win? The bottom line is Russel or Parvati didn't stand a chance against an incompetent player because they strategically controlled the game. Had it been Parvati, Russel, and Jerry the winner would be again the weakest player Jerry because of a bitter Jury.

Survivor has turned into a game of bitter jury members, I will not watch the next season and I've watched 20 seasons, America should get a percentage of the vote.

eznark

Banned
I <3 Memes said:
Because how you treat people when you are playing the game is going to count in the end.

Why not get rid of the physical challenges because some people arent as good at them? Why not get rid of the mental puzzle challenges and the idols because people like JT are too stupid to compete mentally?

What the people at the end think of how you treated people to get the counts. Deal with it.

Nah, I'll just stop watching. I think the system is fucking retarded and in opposition to the rest of the game. Deal with it.

Meier said:
Sandra blowing smoke up our asses claiming there is any strategy to her game. Ugh, I just want to puke watching this.

im sure there is strategy to her game but saying she didnt win competitions on purpose was bs

I <3 Memes said:

What the people at the end think of how you treated people to get there counts. Deal with it.

But it doesn't BUILD on those things. It has nothing to do with those challenges. It's like going through three weeks of spelling bees and having it decided by a fucking bake-off.

Meier

I <3 Memes said:

But NO ONE LIKED SANDRA. She's not a good player. The only people who win now are the ones who literally do nothing of note. It's become so flawed it isn't even funny.

unomas said:
The only bitter tears are from the jury. Someone has to do the dirty work in the game, and because that person did the work it means they can't win? The bottom line is Russel or Parvati didn't stand a chance against an incompetent player because they strategically controlled the game. Had it been Parvati, Russel, and Jerry the winner would be again the weakest player Jerry because of a bitter Jury.

Survivor has turned into a game of bitter jury members, I will not watch the next season and I've watched 20 seasons, America should get a percentage of the vote.
Survivor is more a social experiment than gameshow. Sounds like what you want are the Real World Challenge shows, they air on mtv: enjoy.

I've only watched 3 seasons and I've already seen a villain win.

unomas

Banned
ErasureAcer said:
No. Then they'd all fall for editing...this is what made BB1 so terrible. Don't fuck up Survivor.

Survivor is already fucked up. Sandra is easily the worst player to win the game, that's fucked up, the voting system is flawed.

Bitter Bitter Bitter

Hell they made it even easier for him this season. 33% easier. All he had to do was not be the least liked person out of 3 people. Not only can he not do that but he is easily the 2nd most hated player in the history of the game.

How can you defend a guy who speaks to people like that as if he should win? The words that come out of his mouth are the verbal equivalent of giving away an immunity idol. It's exactly the same thing as what JT did and he does it constantly.

Meier said:
But NO ONE LIKED SANDRA. She's not a good player. The only people who win now are the ones who literally do nothing of note. It's become so flawed it isn't even funny.
I'd say a lot of people liked Sandra.
Courtney and Rupert sure liked her.

You're just like Russell. You don't understand.

Figured Parvati was going to win but the editing was pushing Sandra hard the last few episodes so I changed my guess to her. Parvati deserved it over her. Thought Russell should've won last season and was thinking it this time but really, if you're going to call yourself the best player and make yourself out to be the best, figure out how you should win. He's too arrogant for his own good, if he can't realize that and that it costs him the game he doesn't deserve to win. As JT said, getting to the end is only 50%, getting the jury's vote is the other 50% and he's right.
Zombie James said:
Wait, wasn't this filmed right after the last one and before it got on TV? How did Russel know he already lost that one?
He said he figured it out during the tribal council against Natalie.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The Jury is so you can't play a game like Russel did. If the entire game was nothing but lying deceiving and backstabbing it would be boring. Look at Richard from season 1. He back stabbed people lied and manipulated but he wasn't a dick about it.

Russel fails doubly so because he's this big huge survivor fan and had absolutely no concept of the social game that needs to be played.

That's why this game can be so interesting. You have to not only beat people, but get them to like you for it.

unomas said:
Survivor is already fucked up. Sandra is easily the worst player to win the game, that's fucked up.

I completely agree that she shouldn't have won. The show still works in normal mode IMHO...strangers playing against strangers. The show needs to give up returning these people to the game...sadly, with people telling Jeff this is the best season(not even close) ever.

And why does Amanda look so hot with no make-up on and horrendous with it on? :lol

Manus

Yeah the whole game of Survivor has gone down hill. Look at the first season, Richard pissed off everyone, but they all saw him as the best player because he did what it took to make it to the finals, thus he won.

BenjaminBirdie said:
But it doesn't BUILD on those things. It has nothing to do with those challenges. It's like going through three weeks of spelling bees and having it decided by a fucking bake-off.

That is the poorest analogy I have ever read.

unomas

Banned
SquirrelNuckle said:
Yeah the whole game of Survivor has gone down hill. Look at the first season, Richard pissed off everyone, but they all saw him as the best player because he did what it took to make it to the finals, thus he won.

This, people have gone from being able to give credit to others for handing them a beating, and instead have handed the win to the least deserving contestant. If someone beats me within the rules of a game I give credit where it's due, I don't vote for the weaker player because I don't like how they played within the rules of the game.

My girlfriend should be happy though, she's a Sandra fan, but she hasn't finished watching it yet.

I <3 Memes said:
Bitter Bitter Bitter

Hell they made it even easier for him this season. 33% easier. All he had to do was not be the least liked person out of 3 people. Not only can he not do that but he is easily the 2nd most hated player in the history of the game.

How can you defend a guy who speaks to people like that as if he should win? The words that come out of his mouth are the verbal equivalent of giving away an immunity idol. It's exactly the same thing as what JT did and he does it constantly.

It has nothing to do with Russell losing. I'm not defending Russell. You're defending the Jury System. I think it's tremendously flawed. I'd like to see you defend the system instead of just denigrating one of the players.

Galang

Banned
ErasureAcer said:
No. Then they'd all fall for editing...this is what made BB1 so terrible. Don't fuck up Survivor.
Yup, I'd fear for what America would do usually.

I agree Will is one of the best reality players, and dick is Alright as well, but played a similar game to Russell didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom