• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TF2/Dota 2 voice actor: Valve wrapping up Dota 2 now for fall release

eosos

Banned
God I don't want this to be free to play. I like being able to play the other heroes to see how they work and find out ways to counter them. Maybe there could be a free to play version where you have to buy heroes and a $50 version where you get all the heroes for life. You still have to purchase cosmetic things though. I doubt it though :(

Neki

eosos said:
God I don't want this to be free to play. I like being able to play the other heroes to see how they work and find out ways to counter them. Maybe there could be a free to play version where you have to buy heroes and a $50 version where you get all the heroes for life. You still have to purchase cosmetic things though. I doubt it though :(
If it was free to play, it'd be more than likely all core content would be free, I don't think they'd follow the LoL model of unlocking heroes.

Neki

eosos said:
I do not. I was assuming it would be like LoL
I'm assuming they'd follow the micro transaction model for cosmetic changes/bundles, but I'm hard pressed to believe they would lock characters. Anything is possible though.

eosos

Banned
Ultimoo said:
I'm assuming they'd follow the micro transaction model for cosmetic changes/bundles, but I'm hard pressed to believe they would lock characters. Anything is possible though.
Well if that's the case then I'm all for F2P!

Jenga

Banned
eosos said:
If it's F2P I really doubt Valve will follow LoL's example

they've already said it's gonna be straight up dota

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Hope they allow mods like HoN, can't imagine playing that with Right-Click Deny.

rOliN.jpg

4e3Nw.jpg

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Supposedly someone messed up and a Dota2 update got posted at the TF2 Blog.

297s4.png

NG28

Goon Boon said:
With every patch list leaked it feels like its getting closer and closer to release. Techies, we'll meet again soon.

But you also see stuff that seems like it should have been done a long time ago, like Doom Bringer only now being able to devour lane creeps.

luffeN

angular graphics said:
http://i.imgur.com/rOliN.jpg[MG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4e3Nw.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

Where can I find this? I am interested in translating it if it isn't just a joke xD

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Mechazawa said:
Hmm, I didn't know they were carrying over all the heroes/summoners/whatever from Dota too.
This is supposed to be old DOTA with a few tweaks and new engine.

Syril

Mechazawa said:
Hmm, I didn't know they were carrying over all the heroes/summoners/whatever from Dota too.

They'll have to change some of them since part of the cast are heroes from WarCraft and a few are outright taken from other works.

close to the edge said:
Why? I think it's a good mechanic to keep the early game from becoming too stale and lets skilled players set themselves apart more easily, if that makes sense.

Asking as someone who knows how DotA works but never played it, how are ranged characters not overwhelmingly favored at this?

Syril said:
Asking as someone who knows how DotA works but never played it, how are ranged characters not overwhelmingly favored at this?
They are favored in the whole early game, thats why you should have a good lane setup so that there is no lane with 2melees vs 2ranged.

FoxSpirit

Yay, female fire mage. Bummed when they made her male in HoN, she was made after the famed Lina Inverse after all.

We don't have a single screenshot of this yet, do we?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
If this is true, I'm honestly not sure if I'll be playing Heroes of Newerth anymore.

ElyrionX

close to the edge said:
Why? I think it's a good mechanic to keep the early game from becoming too stale and lets skilled players set themselves apart more easily, if that makes sense.

I acknowledge that. But it creates too much "work" to do in the early game. I'm kind of lazy so I never really bothered with denying.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Syril said:

There are certain items to make last hitting easier and melee heroes lose less exp on denies.

Cirruss

Syril said:

Its true its a little harder for melee characters to last hit/deny against ranged characters, but iirc, when you deny a creep from a ranger char they only gain 50%xp whereas against mellee chars they are denied slightly less and gain 75% xp from the deny.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
FoxSpirit said:
Yay, female fire mage. Bummed when they made her male in HoN, she was made after the famed Lina Inverse after all.

We don't have a single screenshot of this yet, do we?

Nope, and the Dota 2 blog hasn't been updated since it went up despite being labelled as "a place where you can get information on our progress as we build the game."

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I've always wanted to play DOTA, but the community is full of raging man children, which leaves me happy to completely ignore it.

I really hope DOTA 2 isn't the same, because I actually want to play it.

Top Bottom