• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Falcon and the Snowman: Greatest Movie Ever or The Greatest?

Barnolde

Banned
Littleberu said:
Technically, you're not paying, as Microsoft has extended the warranty for 3 years (and, between you and me, that means they're confident that it won't break as much as it did, if it does at all)

I'm no way salesman for Microsoft, but right now, If you wanted an Xbox 360, anyway, you would've bought one with the price cut. The rest is just nitpicking. And with the second heatsink, there's even less chance of it breaking, and if it does, it won't in the next 6 months.

Clearly, you can't read, so just stop posting.

clav

Littleberu said:
That's precisely what I'm saying, unless you meant : "CAN'T" do miracles.

Technically, you're not paying, as Microsoft has extended the warranty for 3 years (and, between you and me, that means they're confident that it won't break as much as it did, if it does at all)

I'm no way salesman for Microsoft, but right now, If you wanted an Xbox 360, anyway, you would've bought one with the price cut. The rest is just nitpicking. And with the second heatsink, there's even less chance of it breaking, and if it does, it won't in the next 6 months.

We don't know that yet.

My theory is it won't, but even I don't know that yet so stop.

Nice one on taking one for the team. *thumbsup.gif*

Its a shame it didn't yield anything of the unexpected, but then sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles.

watership

Barnolde said:
Fucking knew it..

Hurry the fuck up with 65nm, this is beyond retarded. >_<

XS also "pseudo-apologized" and removed some posts.

They're not going to release falcon's into the retail channel until the zephers are allllllll gone. That would be stupid.

1-D_FTW

Since I've waited this long and since the rumors state 65nm for CPU AND GPU this year, does anyone have an idea on when they'll both be shipping?

Oh yes, I have on question for wonderkins, or indeed anyone with a new HDMI system. How are the noise levels on these new Zephyr Premiums? How do they comape to other systems, either current-gen or past-gen, or to the older 360 models (Hitachi, Samsung etc)

Cheers

JCBossman

Banned
Respect +1000, I am going to pour out a 40 on the curb for your warranty, but I do believe that second heatpipe,will really help the heat situation.

So if my current 360 was manufactured in early 2006 should I notice that the disc drives in these 2007 models are significantly quiter than what I am used to?

a Master Ninja said:
So if my current 360 was manufactured in early 2006 should I notice that the disc drives in these 2007 models are significantly quiter than what I am used to?

Also, is there a way to break my DVD drive so MS has to replace it with the non-jet version?

I'm also curious if anyone with the new drive experienced disc scratching. My older 360 destroyed a copy of Gears of War, and I assume all those European lawsuits got them to think about trying to prevent that from happening.

p3tran

Banned
wonderkins said:
No thanks necessary. It's like your first computer; curiosity gets the better of you and you have to open it. Plus, and I may be naive, but I think that extra heatsink will do the trick. I don't think these will have any problems.

And for anyone that opens their 360 (e.g out of warranty) and tries to remove the x-clamps, I found that you had to press down on the clamp and then use a pry-tool to work the clamp off. The clamp has a bit of spring to it; just be careful you don't flex the board. The x-clamps wouldn't budge without pressing it down while working the edges.

Now, like Jtyettis stated, the wait begins for Lot 0728. Hopefully, someone finds one soon and posts a shot of the sticker. If it shows FALCON, then we'll have our megaton.
thanks for the photos :p
dont bother about flexing the board with your fingers, because -at least in the older boards- flexing the board is x-clamp's job :)
if they are still the same clamps, some M5 .80X10 screws should do the job better.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Gorgie said:
It'd be really cool if the new Falcon's came with a slot dvd drive. The tray seems so last gen now.

You wont be saying that if your slot drive breaks and you have to take the whole casing off to get your disc back (this has happened to me with PC drives several times). Manual release tray loaders ftw.

The Abominable Snowman said:
I know there's a joke relating my name to the Xbox 360 'Snowman' motherboard situation... but I can't find it.

Help please?
it's a movie, stop being so damn self-centered.

oh wait, you have a Paris Hilton avatar photoshopped onto Mother Theresa. I guess it's par for the course.

thanks to the OP for the pictures, will be interesting to know when the new chips come in as I seem to have an extra $1600 coming to me in the next two weeks that I didn't know about.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
That's okay by me. I was planning on replacing my Core unit (with a 20 GB hard disk, thank you very much) with a Falcon Elite when I can get verification as to when it's on shelves. This gives me more time to save my money...

neoism

Guys, I'm getting a 360 tomorrow and I was wondering is there a way to tell if your premiums have HDMI on the box or do you have to open it. My EB/Gamestop is clueless, I called about it and they said Elites only had HDMI.

Linkhero1

neoism said:
Guys, I'm getting a 360 tomorrow and I was wondering is there a way to tell if your premiums have HDMI on the box or do you have to open it. My EB/Gamestop is clueless, I called about it and they said Elites only had HDMI.
it says HDMI on the box

Daigoro

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
For some reason I was thinking this thread was about Jake and the Fatman.

i thought it was about Harcastle and McCormick.

wonderkins said:
You are correct! And you have a good memory!

So, Target, prepare to get this back when the 0728s come. Not 'cause I don't trust this one. Because I want the latest and greatest. Huzzah!

Edit: Sorry guys. Please see this post concerning the lot numbers.

taking one for the team? looks like Target will be the one taking one for the team.

Top Bottom