• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenH2

If you're asking if we the player know, yes,
it was Ocelot. I don't know who knows in the actual game universe. I can't remember what game it is, but I thought Ocelot made it clear at some point that he knew Boss was his mother. Maybe the end of Portable Ops? He doesn't know in Snake Eater.

EDIT: Spoiler tagged it, just in case.

Never played Portable Ops that might explain why I didn't know. So that rules out that possibility.

RavenH2

The boss's son was revealed,(i'm kinda new so i dont know that spoiler tag stuff) but go check a wiki or that metal gear info from mgs 4 on the ps3.. whether big boss knows though is a whole other matter.

I'm at work and I can't acces wikias of any kind. Does anyone know if Big Boss lost an arm?

I sincerely can't remember it being mentioned or asumed other than:
A) When Liquid Ocelot
burns the remains of what he knows and wants everyone to think is Big Boss but instead it's Solidus
B) Between Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, when Big Boss returns with no explanaition as to how or why he survived. I didn't finnish Metal Gear, so I could be mistaken...

Xrenity

I've bought Snake Eater and 4 thanks to this thread. Really love Snake Eater so far! Really glad the free camera was implemented in the HD version too :p

this thread has me gotten back into MGS4. Spent 3 hours reading the MG wiki trying to brush up on the timeline and i think i've figured out what this game is going to be about....

nanomachines

CpmPanda

Neo Member
Less than 24 hours away untl new MGS information, I'm sticking to the mgs fansites like mgs forums, tus, mgs gz fansite and neogaf and I'm hoping one of the sites has the full translation of it. The suspense is killing me.

Less than 24 hours away untl new MGS information, I'm sticking to the mgs fansites like mgs forums, tus, mgs gz fansite and neogaf and I'm hoping one of the sites has the full translation of it. The suspense is killing me.

Huh?

If you're talking about Famitsu, there was nothing in there.

Also, people at grasping at straws with the Liquid talk.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Famitsu comes out today. Wait. They said there will be a surprise announcement.

It was a series of Konami themed unlock cards for Social Ops.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It was a series of Konami themed unlock cards for Social Ops.

Well, if anything, that was expected.

I don't think we should expect anything else from the Eastern media, considering the game/chapter was revealed in a Western show.

Batzi

Banned

BigBoss

From the other other thread:

H1bjG.jpg

6gqWP.jpg

I am also in belief that this character is LIQUID SNAKE or a younger LIQUID SNAKE. Liquid being on fire is quite an entertaining nod seeing as Liquid does not burn.

Isn't the reason Liquid has long blonde hair because he was disguised as Miller? At this time period he would basically be snake, right?

CpmPanda

Neo Member
Isn't the reason Liquid has long blonde hair because he was disguised as Miller? At this time period he would basically be snake, right?

I believe I read somewhere that Liquid's hair was blonde due to prolonged exposure to the sun. Wasn't there a chapter in MGS4 called Liquid Sun? That's besides the point, anyways Snakes hair is brown, in MG and MG2 it was brown as well and since Kojima mixed up all those 'gene' ideas he had the sun bleaching seems more plausible than Liquid being the only clone without brown hair.

edit: What OmegaZero said :)

And by the way, does anyone know what happens to the son that The Boss gave birth to in the battlefield? Who is he? Does Jack (aka Big Boss) know?
The player knows. We don't know if any of the characters do.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I imagine Kojima's first thought after getting the bento box must've been "Scan that shit!"

Priorities.

I didn't remember, and couldn't check a wiki -and I didn't know that
Eva told you during codec conversations
; but I was wondering if any of the characters knew...

Ocelot
is The Boss' son

I think Big Boss knows (because the player knows)

Eva tells you when you call her on the codec
after the battle

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
The weird thing is... didn't they eat it after being presented with it? Or was that back in their building.
That's the part I couldn't figure out either. When did they have time to do it? lol

He probably has a portable 3D scanner with him at every waking moment, for emergencies like this. Project Ogre is his quest to digitally preserve the entire planet for future generations.

I guess this thread is as good as any to ask this question:

What's going on with the Kojima Productions Report? A couple months ago they said, "We'll be back in one week!" There hasn't been a podcast since, I think, September.

Chittagong

Gold Member
amazing, tbh at first i thought it was a statue, but everything is scanned and rendered right?

Same. The lighting is amazingly convining. I thought it was a photo of a statue. now that I know it's a render I of course clearly notice how low poly and bare textures the meeting room is, pretty amazing how I was fooled by something so bare.

If these games are following each other in any way, I think it's Ground Zeroreos and then Phanton Pain. If I remember (IF) then after he decides to make Outer Haven, he spent some time in a coma. So I think Ground Zebra Bar take place after Peace Walker and up until whatever lands him in the comma and Phanton Pain takes it from Persistant Vegatative Action until Outer haven is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom