• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

But the biggest issue I have with it is its slow and sometimes frankly boring pacing. On average it'll take you around 25/30 hours whereas I thought it would be much, much better if it was cut in half. It really hurts the pacing in my opinion.

That's what made the trophy for beating the game without dying interesting.

Joe

Does a music radio app for xbox one that streams music in the background without snapping while I play a game exist?

May16

If I buy this:
psn3000miku.png

...do I straight up get 3,000 yen on my PSN account, or does that yen have to go toward the game being advertised on the card?

Yeah I'm a first-timer at this.

(My PSN region is Japan and I already have that game, but those are the only PSN cards near me in the amount I want, is why I ask.)

If I buy this:
psn3000miku.png

...do I straight up get 3,000 yen on my PSN account, or does that yen have to go toward the game being advertised on the card?

Yeah I'm a first-timer at this.

(My PSN region is Japan and I already have that game, but those are the only PSN cards near me in the amount I want, is why I ask.)

Towards the account. It's just themed that way but you can spend it on anything you want.

What level do you need to have to defeat that f'ing Green Dragon in Dragon Quest I Android?
Grind? The game is very straightforward and there aren't any special items that will win the battle for you. You either need to level up or make better use of your current abilities and items.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
Grind? The game is very straightforward and there aren't any special items that will win the battle for you. You either need to level up or make better use of your current abilities and items.

I know that, but grinding is grueling in this game and I do not want to overgrind if I can help it. I heard Snooze helped, but they might have changed it because it has not worked even once. Guess I'll grind gold for the Magic Armor then.

mclem

What level do you need to have to defeat that f'ing Green Dragon in Dragon Quest I Android?

Just to check: You are aware you don't have to kill the dragon to get through the passage, right? The dragon is important, but if you're only entering the passage for the first time, you don't need to concern yourself with it yet.

That was a mistake I made when I first played the game.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
Just to check: You are aware you don't have to kill the dragon to get through the passage, right? The dragon is important, but if you're only entering the passage for the first time, you don't need to concern yourself with it yet.

That was a mistake I made when I first played the game.

Yeah, I made that mistake too, but now I'm level 11 and I have the Steel Broadsword, the Chainmail and the Iron Shield. I find interesting how this game holds your hand so very little, like today's wRPGs. Could get used to the sense of exploration if the hints were a bit more evident.

Does anyone here play Awesomenauts Assemble on PS4? I pretty much liked it on PS3 and there is a sale and its dirt cheap. Wanna check it out but not sure if anyone plays it online. Is there bot support for online matches? There is no OT for the game so i figured that i would ask here.

webkatt

If I have two gamertags and I want to switch them how do I do it?

GT1: oldlameGTwithCheevosNPurchases
GT2: newaweaomeGTwithnothing!

webkatt

Depends on what you mean by switch them.

Well both GT's exist with separate emails/MS account. My main account GT1, I would like to change to GT2.

So I assume I would have to change pay to change GT2 to free up the name, wait for it to enter the available database again then pay again to change GT1 to the previous GT2??

I played the first couple of chapters of Spec Ops: The Line. Is the whole game that boring and shooty?

I want to know why everyone holds the story in such high regard but I don't know if I can suffer any more of that lacklustre gameplay so if it doesn't get any better I might just read up on it instead.

I played the first couple of chapters of Spec Ops: The Line. Is the whole game that boring and shooty?

I want to know why everyone holds the story in such high regard but I don't know if I can suffer any more of that lacklustre gameplay so if it doesn't get any better I might just read up on it instead.

Keep playing, the story is great. Reading the plot on Wikipedia is a greatly diminished experience than actually doing what the protagonist does in the game.

Yeah I appreciate that and it would be my preferred way to experience it. Thing is though that I can't stand games like this. I want to get the story, but between every beat I have to spend 15 minutes standing behind a low wall shooting at a seemingly infinite number of enemies until the game arbitrarily decides I've killed enough and lets me move on.

It's so boring, so tiresome, and so if the rest of the game continues like the first couple of chapters then I really can't be bothered.

darknil

Well, today I was wondering and felt dumb not knowing the answer:

If a game on PS4 is 1080p native and I put the settings on console level to output 720p, what happens? Anything happens besides looking a bit uglier?

I was wondering if it could have any performance implication at all.

Has anyone had an issue where there wii u won't load a disc my wii u won't load mario kart 8 it's a new copy I bought two weeks ago and played multiplayer with friends now eight out of 9 times my wii u says it's an unknown disc I've triple checked the disc and no scratches or anything the rest of my games work fine

Has anyone had an issue where there wii u won't load a disc my wii u won't load mario kart 8 it's a new copy I bought two weeks ago and played multiplayer with friends now eight out of 9 times my wii u says it's an unknown disc I've triple checked the disc and no scratches or anything the rest of my games work fine
I've had disc read issues several times. Ejecting the disc and inserting it again has solved it every time. The discs themselves are fine.

PtM

Banned
Well, today I was wondering and felt dumb not knowing the answer:

If a game on PS4 is 1080p native and I put the settings on console level to output 720p, what happens? Anything happens besides looking a bit uglier?

I was wondering if it could have any performance implication at all.
I'm wondering this myself for Wii U. Do 1080p games have a 720p output?

Birbo

Is there any difference between the free downloadable version of Black Mesa and the one you can purchase for $20 on Steam?

Bl@de

I have a question about Metal Gear Solid 1.

Is there a list of save points? Whenever I call Mei Ling and save the game, it just saves progress at a certain checkpoint and not in the position where I save. Would be nice to know where the checkpoints are so I don't quit the game before a checkpoint and have to replay long parts of the game.

Thank You.

Is there a list of save points? Whenever I call Mei Ling and save the game, it just saves progress at a certain checkpoint and not in the position where I save. Would be nice to know where the checkpoints are so I don't quit the game before a checkpoint and have to replay long parts of the game.

Thank You.

Pretty sure it will start you at the beginning of an area/floor.

Raptor

Is there lots of shooting on GTA5?

Or is just pure driving here and that?

I Want lots of shooting so when I did a driving mission I said fuck it and sold it, I want to shoot a lot of people and make explosions and stuff.

Is there lots of shooting on GTA5?

Or is just pure driving here and that?

I Want lots of shooting so when I did a driving mission I said fuck it and sold it, I want to shoot a lot of people and make explosions and stuff.

There's a fair amount of both but unlike other games I didn't feel there was many good examples of having to do both at the same time during missions

Will the ps3/360 version of MGSV be missing anything mechanic or game wise? The only reason im asking is because the last gen version of Shadow of Mordor was apparently missing the nemesis system and that was arguably the best feature of the game

NateDog

Thank You.

I'm pretty sure the save points are just the areas you're in (as in the name of them). So if you go to a new area, just save straight away and you should be sorted.

bobawesome

I guess this is technically gaming related? Last night, I put in an order for the IA/VT Colorful Crystal Box at Ami Ami's Rakuten storefront and received this email 40 minutes ago:

本メールはショップにて行ったご注文情報や送料などの確定・変更について、楽天市場
のサーバに到達した翌日に送信される自動配信メールです。ショップからお送りする
ご注文内容に関する連絡と重複する場合がございますこと、ご了承ください。
---------------------------------------------------------------------

この度、あみあみ 楽天市場店において下記の手続きが完了しましたのでご連絡させていただきます。
・注文内容修正(送料の確定・変更、価格・個数・手数料の変更など)

手続き後のご注文内容を下記に記載しておりますので、ご確認ください。

ご不明な点がございましたら、ショップ「あみあみ 楽天市場店」までお問い合わせください。

Google translated version:

This email for determining and changes, such as your order information and shipping was carried out in shops, is the automatic delivery of e-mail that is sent to the next day it reaches the server of Rakuten Ichiba. Will be times when you want to overlap with the contact on your order what you want to send from the shop, please understand.
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------

This time, it will because the following procedure is now complete contact you in Ami Ami optimistic market store.
-Order content modification (confirm or change the postage, such as price, number and handling of change)

Since I have indicated your order after the proceedings below, please confirm.

If you have any questions, please contact the shop "Ami Ami optimistic market store".
-----

Prior to this, other emails I've received were in English and I already responded to an email confirming that I would be okay with the shipping fee. Am I meant to reply to this email or is it just your standard confirmation email?

Jasconius

Prior to this, other emails I've received were in English and I already responded to an email confirming that I would be okay with the shipping fee. Am I meant to reply to this email or is it just your standard confirmation email?

Just a confirmation e-mail. Where it says "please confirm" it is just asking you to make sure that the information is correct, you don't have to reply unless there is something wrong.

LeonSPBR

Will the ps3/360 version of MGSV be missing anything mechanic or game wise? The only reason im asking is because the last gen version of Shadow of Mordor was apparently missing the nemesis system and that was arguably the best feature of the game

No. The game is the same, at least that's what Konami said.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Does anybody else give zero shits about collectibles in games?

Things like Batman and generic Ubisoft tower liberate game have bits of stuff all over the place but it artificially pads the game and makes progress slow.

Vibranium

Banned

Things like Batman and generic Ubisoft tower liberate game have bits of stuff all over the place but it artificially pads the game and makes progress slow.

There have been lots of threads on Gaf about it haha, so there are quite a few people in the same camp.

I like some collectibles, but only if they're meaningful and not a huge amount, like in the open world games you mentioned.

Tenebrous

Any good JRPG sales/bundles on PC right now, not including the one on Steam? Looking for Ys especially, but will take anything of a good quality.

Nah, they're almost always bollocks. I completed the game, woo! "No you didn't, you haven't got all the trophies11!!!!!!" Whatever.

Do I need to play Abe's Oddysee, Exoddus, or Munch's Oddysee before I play Stranger's Wrath? I know those three are connected, but Stranger's Wrath always seemed like it was it's own thing. Will I miss out on any references and what have you if I play Stranger's Wrath first?

frontovik

Banned
Any recommendations for which MOBA I should play? The genre initially didn't appeal to me as I preferred to play WC3 ladder rather than DOTA. However, I'd like to give it another try.

Google search has revealed LoL as #1 & DOTA 2 as #2. Heroes of the Storm and Newerth looks interesting as well.

My main concerns are cheating, micro-transactions, learning curve, and the population of the playerbase.

Rufus

Do I need to play Abe's Oddysee, Exoddus, or Munch's Oddysee before I play Stranger's Wrath? I know those three are connected, but Stranger's Wrath always seemed like it was it's own thing. Will I miss out on any references and what have you if I play Stranger's Wrath first?
No, not at all. They share a universe, but that's about it. I don't recall any references to the 2D games. Easter eggs, maybe, but nothing overt.
The stories are completely separate, but share a theme of invading industrial entities destroying nature and subjugating the natives. Stranger's Wrath is the only one where you actually see the society those might serve, though there remains a sense that the actual benefactors of all of this are very far away on another continent or even planet, given how many sentient species populate the Oddworld universe. It's also the only one that's referencing a place in time in the real world, namely the frontier days in North America, particularly the US' expansion west.

I don't know why I'm rambling on about this. Just play the game, you'll be fine (until the very last level, which might make you want to throw your controller).

Tenebrous

Any recommendations for which MOBA I should play? The genre initially didn't appeal to me as I preferred to play WC3 ladder rather than DOTA. However, I'd like to give it another try.

Google search has revealed LoL as #1 & DOTA 2 as #2. Heroes of the Storm and Newerth looks interesting as well.

My main concerns are cheating, micro-transactions, learning curve, and the population of the playerbase.

I'd recommend Dota 2.

Cheating? Very very VERY rare in any Dota clone. The closest you'll come to that is people on low level accounts with experience of higher level play: Smurfs. If you've played an MMO like RuneScape/WoW, just consider them Pures/Twinks. Sadly unavoidable.

Micro-transactions? Dota 2 has none worth noting. Every hero is available for free, and it doesn't matter if you've played for 1 hour or 10000 hours, each hero will be exactly the same. Cosmetics are available from an ingame store & Steam Marketplace (marketplace usually gets you a set for like $0.20), but they have no effect on performance.

League of Legends has a power creep system, but should rank you against people of equal skill/account experience (except Smurfs). Not all heroes are unlocked from the getgo, so that's two ways it's inferior to Dota 2 from a business POV. The cosmetic sets are more expensive, too.

Heroes of the Storm is the most expensive. It has the most expensive heroes, and the mosot expensive cosmetics.

Learning Curve? Heroes of the Storm is the easiest, with League occupying the middle ground, and Dota 2 at the hardcore end. Don't let that put you off any of the three games, though. Dota 2 is still very learnable, and Heroes of the Storm still has some depth.

Player base is unimportant. League has over 40m unique players a month, with Dota 2 clocking in over 11m players a month, and Heroes of the Storm doing at least a million. Whatever you pick, there will no doubt be a community there for years, especially given Valve & Blizzards history of supporting their multiplayer (you can still play Diablo 1 and the original CS & TF online - All 1990s games).

TL:DR

Business Model: Dota 2 >>>> League >>>> Heroes of the Storm
Difficulty: Dota 2 >>>> League >>>> Heroes of the Storm

Go with Dota 2. It's business model is peerless, it has the best client of the three, and isn't as inaccessible as it seems.

Top Bottom