• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu thread of lolz and tears (plus Patapon 2 and Thunderforce VI)

I'm not sure if Patapon 2 and Loco Roco 2 is a good idea, the first games are already too long for their own good. It's like Katamari, the concept is great, but there isn't that much depth, it's cool because it's fresh and the ambiance is excellent, but I don't think milking those franchise can do any good.

batbeg

I've been waiting on Locoroco 2 for ages, thank you Sony! Still probably my favorite PSP game, and there's so much potential in a sequel.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
OMG THUNDERFORCE VI IS REAL MARY MOTHER OF GOD WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AND IT ISNT EVEN ON THE FUCKING DS THERE IS A JEBUS AND HE LOVES ME WITH AN INTRUSIVE, PERSONAL, STIFLING LOVE THE INTENSITY OF WHICH SOMETIMES FRIGHTENS ME

Great news on LocoRoco 2. Patapon 2 intrigues me, but I'm not sure how the formula can be expanded. I thought the original required too much grinding, to be honest.

Interested to see the scores this week - won't DQ be reviewed?

duckroll

Garnet Chronicle is a traditional fantasy RPG set in a war over ancient magic stones. The character designers are the korean guys that handled Lineage.

drohne

kaching said:
TF6 - what was TF5 like? Lost track of the series post-Genny.

dodgy 2.5d visuals, superlative game -- it emphasizes an evolved version of tfiv's 'free range' weapon, its controls sort of prefigure radiant silvergun, and it has an excellent synth-buttrock soundtrack. play the saturn version if you can -- ps1 port is missing lots of visual effects

lupinko

duckroll said:
Sega loves us all:

Thunderforce VI - PS2 - 10/30

Sega continues their awesome godly year for me, after NiGHTS PS2, RGGK, Valkyria, the signing of Platinum Games, RGG3 announcement and now Thunderforce VI.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Sega. :D

king zell

Tenbatsu said:
64634903420080208083957.jpg

- Main Character name is Nick
- All time America hero Captain Rainbow (something like Superman??)
- Wii, Summer 2008

Think you can see the trailer in Japanese Nintendo Channel.

what type of a game is't ?

Tenbatsu

king zell said:
what type of a game is't ?
No info on that.
Sorry the release date had been changed to TBC.

REVIEWS
[Wii]
Bloom Blox|9-8-8-8 (33/40)

[NDS]
Metal Slug 7|7-7-8-6 (28/40)
Hello Kitty Sports Stadium|5-5-4-4 (18/40)
Gachapin Challenge DS|7-6-6-6 (25/40)

[Xbox360]
Might & Magic: Dark Messiah|6-6-5-5 (22/40)

Desi

Kicking it in OT had me miss PATA-FUCKING-GLORIOUS-PON II!? oh my god I think I just shat my myself.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
holy shit - they really hate metal slug 7 :eek:
though nice boom blox score :)

btw. no japanese wii owners here who can tell us how captain rainbow looks ? since there is a video on the nintendo channel

drohne

slug 7 has looked shittacular since the reveal. i really liked slug 6 tho, so i'll probably check it out. ds :(

kofxii treatment for the next metal slug pls

Tailzo

Patapon made me run out and buy a psp, I have high hopes for the sequel. What kind of game is that sega psp game?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
drohne said:
slug 7 has looked shittacular since the reveal. i really liked slug 6 tho, so i'll probably check it out. ds :(

kofxii treatment for the next metal slug pls

the latest gameplay-videos actually looked really nice and they fixed those slowdows which were in the first gameplay demo...

did other metal slug games scored that much better at famitsu ?

Tailzo

lupinko said:
Sega continues their awesome godly year for me, after NiGHTS PS2, RGGK, Valkyria, the signing of Platinum Games, RGG3 announcement and now Thunderforce VI.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Sega. :D
Yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised too. Hopefully people will notice and stop bashing them for their Sonic games. I'm intrigued by their newly announced psp game.

duckroll said:
Here are Famitsu's 4 EXCLUSIVE DS RPGs! :lol

1. Chocobo Tales 2 (what? this isn't even a RPG!) - S-E

2. Cid and Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon DS+ (yay!) - S-E

4. Tongariboushi and the 365 days of Magic (lol Animal Crossing clone?) - Konami
b59259c135504de165a7aeca04a7d67520c96af_t.gif

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Tsutomu Kouno (Loco Roco dev) did say that the sequel would set out to do new gameplay "based on physical calculation and crowd AI as well as a few surprises"

article

Acosta

THUNDERFORCE!!!!

CELEBRATE (crappy footage of the Saturn version with AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME music).

And new Loco Roco and Patapon are great news for me too. Nice week.

duckroll

Thunderforce VI is developed by Sega. It is directed by Tez Okano, the writer and director of Segaga for DC and Astro Boy Omega Force for GBA. He says that his favorite entry in the Thunderforce series is IV. The game is 3D but still a horizontal shooter.

Edit: Hmmm, since Tez Okano directed Astro Boy and Treasure developed it... I wonder if they're helping out this time too...

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
captain rainbow is SUCH a Skip game. looks and sounds just like giftpia.

Top Bottom