• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu thread of lolz and tears (plus Patapon 2 and Thunderforce VI)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Riskbreaker23 said:
just saw the scans for patapon 2. looks like there are aerial units this time
YES!!!!

qxusex.jpg

^ The promises of old are coming true!

*goes to search for the scans*

And it also needs to have
playable Zigotons
! (ending spoilers)

Edit: Just saw it. Looks like
the Zigotons are still the enemies
from those screens. Oh man, I can't wait!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kittonwy said:
Bububut I rike playin Patapon on my PSP, they can haz dem on PSN too but I want Patapon 2 on my PSP.
angry.gif

y u hatez ur PSzree ?

as the dude said , it's not cuz of PSP sales or anything , the thing is both Patapon and LocoRoco fit the PS3 more than PSP.

LocoRoco with Sixaxis motion will be pure sex and it will benefit from it , Patapon 2 need to be on my epic 7.1 set .

Desi

Alaluef said:
Edit: Just saw it. Looks like
the Zigotons are still the enemies
from those screens. Oh man, I can't wait!
I need to see those screens. Too small for me to make out, only saw big boss pictures.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Desi said:
I need to see those screens. Too small for me to make out, only saw big boss pictures.
There's a big scan floating around. The third screen with the tower is the smallest one but you can make the Zigotons out in it.

Just guessing for now. I hope those screens appear in direct feed form soon. :)

Can someone tell me if the SC photo showing no required HDD install for PS3 is fake or not? Or is Namco just lying on the back of the box? Or have people, including magazines, been mistaking the HDD install as mandatory when it's not?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
K.Jack said:
Oh man, I'll never see Thunderforce VI in the US :(

Yeah, I'm so glad I own a Japanese PS2... TF 6 better have a buttrock soundtrack!!! And that extremely colorful, organic look that 3 and 4 had.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Pojo said:
I loved LocoRoco but never could get into Patapon.

I'm like the anti-GAF or something?
I like 'em both, but yeah, Patapon was deeply flawed gameplay-wise. Nothing in recent memory is quite so infuriating as building up 10 measures to Fever, losing it, then having to hit another 10 measures to get it back. Plus there was way too much level replaying/grinding required to get good units.

Loco Roco was solid, it just got a little long in the tooth. Needed a bit more interesting level design or mechanics as the game progressed, it felt like you'd seen everything by a few worlds in, and were just going through the same paces for the rest.
K.Jack said:
Oh man, I'll never see Thunderforce VI in the US :(
Ah, I wouldn't count it out, we're entering the budget years of the PS2, and don't forget we saw some pretty interesting import stuff come over in the same period of PS1's life. It'll probably be on Target endcaps for $10 as Mobile Light(ening?) Force 6 eventually.

For me, both Patapon and Loco Roco were executed as good 'gimmicks' that were already getting a bit long in the tooth by the game's end. But then again I'm a Mega Man fan. >_>

I liked Loco Roco more than Patapon because while Loco Roco was a quirky platformer, it was still a fundamentally sound one. Patapon sold itself as a rhythm/RTS hybrid and failed to hit the high end of either spectrum. A shame, really.

Caelestis

I am happy that Patapon 2 got announced. LocoRoco, too, although I was done playing the first one after a few levels.

jarrod

Banned
djtiesto said:
Yeah, I'm so glad I own a Japanese PS2... TF 6 better have a buttrock soundtrack!!! And that extremely colorful, organic look that 3 and 4 had.
If anyone can deliver inspired buttrock, it's SEGA. <3 <3

cw_sasuke said:
Captain Rainbow Trailer - uhm WTF ?

http://www.wipido.com/video/1722

Its good to see a new IP from Nintendo, and especially nice to see the return of Birdo. However, I do worry that this game might not be localized, due to the fact that according to information on IGN, it stars a bunch of "third tier" Nintendo characters, many who have never appeared in the US. And NOA didn't bother to localize Tingle RPG for the US, so I think that a game with rainbow powers might be even less likely due to stupid biases, no matter how awesome the game turns out.

batbeg

Totobeni said:
y u hatez ur PSzree ?

as the dude said , it's not cuz of PSP sales or anything , the thing is both Patapon and LocoRoco fit the PS3 more than PSP.

LocoRoco with Sixaxis motion will be pure sex and it will benefit from it , Patapon 2 need to be on my epic 7.1 set .

God no, these games are perfect for the PSP, and were clearly designed around a portable machine.

Anyway, from 1up:

"The Moja Troop are back with some new bosses, but this time they've also learned some songs," he says. "They've been practicing as hard as they can, and they've learned how to use music to sap the energy out of everyone. Now nobody feels like doing anything, so the LocoRoco have to go around the world and pep everyone back up again." Does that mean you'll be hearing the Moja singing away if you approach one? It sure does. "They're pretty good, too!" Kouno claims. "You'll also run into other enemies as the game goes on -- not friends of the Moja, but there's a boss that has transformed these creatures and has them under his control, and he uses them to attack the LocoRoco."

No release date has been proffered for LocoRoco 2, which Sony Computer Entertainment says is about 75 percent complete.

:D Hope this one hits Europe at the same time/before again, though of course it's hardly demanding of English.

There's a couple of scans out for the new Harvest Moon for the Wii!

It looks just like Tree of Tranquility, so I guess this is the main style they're going for on the Wii?

Oh, and there are some new animals shown, like a fucking Lion, Hippo, Elephant, Giraffe, Zebra, and a LEMUR!!! :D

New? Lovo Roco 2 screens

loco2e.jpg.jpg

loco2a.jpg.jpg

loco2d.jpg.jpg

loco2.jpg.jpg

loco2b.jpg.jpg

loco2c.jpg.jpg

loco2f.jpg.jpg

If anyone wants to create a new thread to give the screens better exposure, then feel free to quote a paste these. I can't cause Blacklace is a idiot

zoku88

Those were posted in a thread an hour ago ....

calling a mod an idiot isn't really the nicest thing to do, either...

Top Bottom