• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor Ragnaok adds Jeff Goldblum and Karl Urban, confirms character roles

Status
Not open for further replies.

XAL

Anyone else wondering if Hela is going to be Thanos' love interest?

Or do you think they're actually going to do the entity Death, or throw that whole plot out entirely?

Cuburt

Anyone else wondering if Hela is going to be Thanos' love interest?

Or do you think they're actually going to do the entity Death, or throw that whole plot out entirely?

The more I think about it, the more it seems to make sense, since it save them having to explain a similar entity ruling over an afterlife world, and Hela already has a corporeal, female form.

On a cool related note, there are a couple lines foreshadowing Hel in Thor Ragnarok in Age of Ultron

Widow: "Thor, report on the Hulk"
Thor: "The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims"

Thor: "Heimdall, your eyes."
Heimdall: "Oh, they see everything. They see you leading us to Hel."

Xamdou

Damn this just rose to my most anticipated Marvel movie ever aside from Spiderman: Homecoming!

Marvel stay winning!!!

Fhtagn

I enjoyed the first two movies well enough, the humor in them works well enough for me, though 2 suffered from being the start of "if we don't win, the earth dies" stakes inflation fatigue for me. They catch more shit than they really deserve, just for being surrounded by better films in the rest of the same franchise.

But this is a great cast and director and Thor + Hulk is such a rich chemistry. I expect this one to win over people for whom the other Thor films fell flat.

They have the talent, now to see if it all comes together. The first Thor is decent though it has little punch to the ending. The second made me realize that it is possible to make me unenthusiastic about sci-fantasy pyrotechnics and Natalie Portman.

This is after a second viewing just yesterday to see if I was too dismissive previously. Not really.

but what is a god to a nonbeliever?
18c521eb706e985acf4d94f93b720b82.gif

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'm very hyped for this. The MCU is knocking it out of the park with these casting choices.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
The more I think about it, the more it seems to make sense, since it save them having to explain a similar entity ruling over an afterlife world, and Hela already has a corporeal, female form.

On a cool related note, there are a couple lines foreshadowing Hel in Thor Ragnarok in Age of Ultron

Also, Loki says to Kurse, "See you in Hel" in TDW.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I thought about it and I need a MCU movie with both Jeff Goldblum and Benicio Del Toro. Pronto.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

So that means that Hulk can meet his victims? :D

Really fascinated by how Taika got the job to direct this damn thing

At this point, him being the director is the only thing that's got me excited

Dysun

I'm not even sure what you are trying to say, that is absolutely the point. A good actor giving it their all can elevate a film, where as one cashing a paycheck can mean nothing

I'm not even sure what you are trying to say, that is absolutely the point. A good actor giving it their all can elevate a film, where as one cashing a paycheck can mean nothing
not my point. i started by saying i was being the devil's advocate first of all, and second of all, all I was saying, whatever the circumstances, a high profile actor can't always carry a movie. that's all.

Zakalwe

Banned
Hollywood could use more Urban in good roles. I always find him incredibly easy to watch.

Thor 1 is top tier MCU, Dark World was mediocre and bloated (relatively), I hope this can keep the scale of DW and the charm of Thor 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom