• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor Ragnaok adds Jeff Goldblum and Karl Urban, confirms character roles

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejay

Banned
If you had told me this would have been a thing 10 years ago with such a strong cast I'd laugh, although Lord of the Rings certainly opened the door for "serious" actors to accept fantasy roles.

That Valkyrie casting. Has the racist freak out started yet?

I really liked her in Creed (I think everyone associated with that movie, 'cept for Sly, is basically in the MCU now) but haven't seen her in anything else - well, except for Veronica Mars, but I can't remember her in that. I'm looking forward to it.

Zetta

Oh shit..... Goldblum and Urban O.O. I didn't even know Ruffalo was in this too, wow this looks like it may be a great movie.

jmood88

Like, I have this nagging feeling that they're just throwing too much stuff into this movie and it can't possibly work, but even if it's a mess it's going to be entertaining watching it play out on screen.

I enjoyed Thor 2 fight me
I'm not sure where this is coming from.

Epcott

Who are these people these guys are playing? Does their casting point towards more Asgardian adventures or something pointing to Planet Hulk?

I really liked her in Creed (I think everyone associated with that movie, 'cept for Sly, is basically in the MCU now) but haven't seen her in anything else - well, except for Veronica Mars, but I can't remember her in that. I'm looking forward to it.

I think there is a rumor that Stallone is in Guardians 2

Feige mentioned that Thor: Ragnarok was the game-changer for Phase 3, right? The big shake-up. I wonder if Thanos will obtain any of the Infinity Gems here.

PLEASE PLEASE don't kill Urban's character off, and let him come back in the future! Urban is amazing and while I'd rather have him in a hero's role, the more we see of him, the better!

I wonder if they'll lead up to his epic Gjallerbru moment but then subvert how they interpret it in the film, or maybe the moment will be within Infinity War itself.

I think the moment would play best if they didn't just spend one movie on building him and the others up towards it.

Prompto

Banned
I think this might be the first time I've disliked the first two installments of a franchise and yet I'm really hyped for the third

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Grandmaster is in this? Thanos probably is too, then.
R.I.P. Heimdall.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
This movie...has a really good cast. I was already on board for Ruffalo/Hemsworth shenanigans, but this is a really good grab by Marvel.

I liked Thor 1 a lot, and Thor 2 was just kind of meh, with some good moments, but I'm hoping Ragnarok is good. I'm confident it will be a turning point for Thor. I feel like he's the least fleshed out of all of the Marvel heroes. Stark, Widow, Hawkeye, even Falcon and Rhodey feel more developed than Thor. Which is a shame, because Hemsworth has natural charisma and comedic chops that could be utilized more often with Thor. The fish out of water stuff in Thor 1 is some of my favorite stuff with him in the MCU. I wish there was more of it.

i meab, I was seeing this anyway, but this latest casting news guarantees they got a ticket sale from me.

But I want Goldblum to be Jonah Jameson in Spider-Man!! :(

giphy.gif
Fuck that

Iron sheik for jj

Azerth

so what are the chances that at the end thor has to take the thrown and mew mew goes to lady thor ( just not Jane Foster)

Daingurse

Was thinking about how cool it would be if Jeff Goldblum was in the Marvel Universe just a few days ago in the shower lol. Not too familiar with Grandmaster at all, but Jeff Goldblum as an immortal Elder of The Universe sounds awesome.

Jeff Goldblum should be in everything.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom