• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor Ragnaok adds Jeff Goldblum and Karl Urban, confirms character roles

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Taika is a big movie fan I can't even imagine what he is thinking right now. The amount of famous actors/actresses he is interacting with right now and the scale of this movie he has to make would overwhelm most people.

Jemaine should appear as an alien on the battle planet

I really need to see What We Do in the Shadows. Boy was so good, and he is excellent as both a director and actor.

Neoxon

Rank the Phase 3 casts
  • Doctor Strange - Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Mads Mikkelsen, Michael Stuhlburg, Benedict Wong, Scott Atkins
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Sean Gunn, Glenn Close, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan, Kurt Russell, Sylvester Stallone
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming - Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr., Marisa Tomei, Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Laura Harrier, Tony Revolori
  • Thor: Ragnarok - Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Mark Ruffalo, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban
  • Black Panther - Chadwick Boseman, Lupita N'yongo, Michael B. Jordan, Martin Freeman, Andy Serkis, rumored John Boyega, rumored Chris Evans
All of these are downright INSANE.
I know, right?

JSevere

Cast is legit. Hope the movie goes all in on Asgard/nine realms/outer space shenanigans. We could be in for the first truly great Thor movie.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
My dream plot is
that Hulk was ejected from Earth by Tony Stark during the events of Civil War, which results in Planet Thor happening in secret. Heimdall witnesses the rise of Hulk, brings it to the attention of Odin a.k.a. Loki, who brings Hulk to Asgard to defeat Thor.

At some point every major actor and actress will be involved with the MCU in some fashion.

Edit: Everyone keep mentioning Hulk...Hulk is still on earth. The ship the exiled himself in didn't seem like something that would be capable of leaving Earth's atmosphere.

It's in the press release, after being nearly confirmed for a long time.

Rounding out the cast for the film is three-time Oscar®-nominee Mark Ruffalo (“Spotlight,” “The Kids Are All Right,” “Foxcatcher”), reprising his role of Bruce Banner/the Hulk from “Marvel’s The Avengers” and Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron.”

mrmickfran

huh? did i miss something?

This:
Rank the Phase 3 casts

Doctor Strange - Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Mads Mikkelsen, Michael Stuhlburg, Benedict Wong, Scott Atkins

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Sean Gunn, Glenn Close, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan, Kurt Russell, Sylvester Stallone

Spider-Man: Homecoming - Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr., Marisa Tomei, Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Laura Harrier, Tony Revolori

Thor: Ragnarok - Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Mark Ruffalo, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban

Black Panther - Chadwick Boseman, Lupita N'yongo, Michael B. Jordan, Martin Freeman, Andy Serkis, rumored John Boyega, rumored Chris Evans

We're getting Skurge? Hopefully we get this at some point:

0TsqyAo.jpg

One can only hope. And Urban as Skurge sounds awesome.

But Goldblum as the Grandmaster? That I love. I look forward to Thanos outsmarting him and stealing an Infinity Stone.

Skab

At some point every major actor and actress will be involved with the MCU in some fashion.

Edit: Everyone keep mentioning Hulk...Hulk is still on earth. The ship the exiled himself in didn't seem like something that would be capable of leaving Earth's atmosphere.

Hulk has been confirmed for a long time now.

kris.

Banned
If Taika is a big movie fan I can't even imagine what he is thinking right now. The amount of famous actors/actresses he is interacting with right now and the scale of this movie he has to make would overwhelm most people.

tumblr_nhxgu9SiVo1tb087ko1_400.gif

Jemaine should appear as an alien on the battle planet

i know he was freaking out on twitter a few days ago asking some of the other MCU directors about how many explosions they had in their movies and how he only has one

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...ector-taika-waititi-freaking-out-at-new-movie

i'm really, really pumped to see what he can do with a budget this size and the stars he has.

There were some scheduling issues and they weren't sure if they could include Sif

Sounds like they made it work. Hopefully the rumors of Valkyrie being Thor's new lover were inaccurate. Thor + Sif for life and I don't want Valkyrie to be tied down as a mere love interest. She should be included in IW.

Neoxon

There were some scheduling issues and they weren't sure if they could include Sif

Sounds like they made it work. Hopefully the rumors of Valkyrie being Thor's new lover were inaccurate. Thor + Sif for life and I don't want Valkyrie to be tied down as a mere love interest. She should be included in IW.
Makes sense. Didn't Jaimie Alexander's show on NBC get renewed?

Cuburt

It's funny, while watching Avengers Assemble not too long ago, there is an episode where Hulk and Thor fight with each other to determine who is stronger and Loki manipulates the situation to distract them with Hela helping him to attack an undefended Earth and I thought there might be some similar plot points in Ragnarok, especially since it could adapt some Planet Hulk plot points that people have speculated about.

Cuburt

While Nick Fury did say that they tracked something that could have been the Quinjet (I think he said they couldn't tell for sure with the cloaking on) that had touched down, (AoS finale spoilers)
we see a Quinjet leaving the atmosphere so technically it seems possible Hulk flies off by himself.

duckroll

While Nick Fury did say that they tracked something that could have been the Quinjet (I think he said they couldn't tell for sure with the cloaking on) that had touched down, (AoS finale spoilers)
we see a Quinjet leaving the atmosphere so technically it seems possible Hulk flies off by himself.

It can leave the atmosphere but it can't maneuver at all in space, so it would just be floating in space, probably within Earth's orbit, going nowhere. Not sure how that would get him to Asgard...

I'm glad Hopkins decided to come back, maybe it's the fact that he'll be playing Loki acting as Odin interested him. Regardless, at least Odin won't just vanish like Jane will.

I've no doubt Jaime Alexander can do this during a break from Blindspot, I'd rather she be Thor's new love interest than Valkyrie.

All I really need now is Surtur, more screen time for Heimdall, and maybe Beta Ray Bill.

Please get the composer for the first Thor to come back!

That score was better than it had any right being and one of the MCU's best.

Feige said this film would have like 5-10% of Earth time, right? That'll probably be the beginning, Hulk chilling in the jungle or wherever and the Grandmaster snatching him up for his contest.

Hey, what if he has an Infinity Stone, and he coerces Hela or Thanos or whoever into playing a game with the Stone as the prize? And so he chooses Hulk as his proxy.

Rank the Phase 3 casts

Doctor Strange - Benedict Cumberbatch, Tilda Swinton, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Mads Mikkelsen, Michael Stuhlburg, Benedict Wong, Scott Atkins

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Sean Gunn, Glenn Close, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan, Kurt Russell, Sylvester Stallone

Spider-Man: Homecoming - Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr., Marisa Tomei, Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Laura Harrier, Tony Revolori

Thor: Ragnarok - Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Mark Ruffalo, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban

Black Panther - Chadwick Boseman, Lupita N'yongo, Michael B. Jordan, Martin Freeman, Andy Serkis, rumored John Boyega, rumored Chris Evans

It's like serious big name actors have realized these movies, while superhero movies, aren't all entirely career damaging fluff. Or they're looking for that RDJ money. Meanwhile on DCs side, the biggest actor they've managed to get is probably Ben Affleck

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Beginning to be interested in this film. Think they'll assume few people watched Thor 2: The Dark World? Because I personally haven't watched Thor 2: The Dark World, and from what I've heard I'd prefer not to watch Thor 2: The Dark World.

duckroll

Feige said this film would have like 5-10% of Earth time, right? That'll probably be the beginning, Hulk chilling in the jungle or wherever and the Grandmaster snatching him up for his contest.

Hey, what if he has an Infinity Stone, and he coerces Hela or Thanos or whoever into playing a game with the Stone as the prize? And so he chooses Hulk as his proxy.

What if all the Earth scenes are just a totally disconnected stand alone storyline about Darcy going about her day, and the hijinx she runs into, contrasted against the EPIC END OF THE WORLD happening in Asgard? One moment Thor could be watching all his friends die, and then it cuts to Darcy looking at cat pics on Instagram on her phone in a Starbucks during lunch.

After reading through Taika Watiti's twitter, I think I will have to go and watch all his other movies. Or maybe one, because I'm busy.

Beginning to be interested in this film. Think they'll assume few people watched Thor 2: The Dark World? Because I personally haven't watched Thor 2: The Dark World, and from what I've heard I'd prefer not to watch Thor 2: The Dark World.

All you need to know about that movie is everyone thinks Loki is dead but he secretly imprisoned or murdered Odin and is posing as him on the throne. Thor has no idea. Their mother Frigga is also dead.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What if all the Earth scenes are just a totally disconnected stand alone storyline about Darcy going about her day, and the hijinx she runs into, contrasted against the EPIC END OF THE WORLD happening in Asgard? One moment Thor could be watching all his friends die, and then it cuts to Darcy looking at cat pics on Instagram on her phone in a Starbucks during lunch.
Maybe she is attend as a waitress in a shitty New York restaurant?
#ItsAllConnected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom