• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor Ragnaok adds Jeff Goldblum and Karl Urban, confirms character roles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Is Cate Blanchett good though, or is she just tall?

What? SHE'S GREAT!

GMauleX.png

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Unless he does a huge 180 from his Thor 2 performance though, I feel Anthony Hopkins is a negative!

Wait how does Hopkins even have a role in this movie? I was under the impression that Loki was impersonating him as of Thor 2 and he was...dead? I don't remember anything about that movie.

Say what you want about the Oscars but I'm pretty sure you can't win two of those fucking things without being at least moderately talented

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The only thing that sucks with Karl Urban playing Skurge is that he might only appear once. I can see Jeff Goldblum's character appearing in other movies.

Boke1879

Maybe I'll at least check it out. I literally have no interest in Thor and I these are the movies I have no interest in seeing. But this is a good cast and it looks like this is the movie that might actually further the plot of the MCU

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
hot damn i like this. i like this so much. this is gonna be a legitimately great thor movie.

Taika Waititi directing. dude made What We Do In The Shadows which was the secret best movie of 2015 plus he worked on Flight of the Conchords and a couple of critically acclaimed films i haven't seen yet. fuck it i'm hyped as hell.

If Taika is a big movie fan I can't even imagine what he is thinking right now. The amount of famous actors/actresses he is interacting with right now and the scale of this movie he has to make would overwhelm most people.

tumblr_nhxgu9SiVo1tb087ko1_400.gif

Jemaine should appear as an alien on the battle planet

gpn

Aren't the Grand Master and Collector brothers? Does this mean we can look forward to Goldblum and Del Toro hamming it up together at some point in the MCU? Sounds fun.

Dalek

Aren't the Grand Master and Collector brothers? Does this mean we can look forward to Goldblum and Del Toro hamming it up together at some point in the MCU? Sounds fun.

They are. Bring on the Contest of Champions....which is probally how Hulk ends up in Asgard.

I knew that Cate was going to play Hela. We're finally getting the Thor movie we all wanted...

Oh man, I was excited for this movie when the only info was "Hulk will be in this movie".

Now my hype is through the roof. I'm not going to make it until next November.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Collector: [Indistict mumbling]
Grandmaster: [Warbling laughter]
Star-Lord: I have no idea what's going on right now.

Neoxon

I'm actually interested this time. Hopefully this is what Feige is setting out to have this movie be (I.E. being Thor's Winter Soldier in terms of quality & impact on the MCU).

Neoxon

Of course Odin was gonna come back. Loki wasn't gonna kill Odin. Even in Thor 1 with how Loki plotted with the Frost Giants, he wasn't gonna let any of them hurt his (adoptive) dad. Having Loki just kill Odin off-screen would have done a huge injustice to his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom