• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

jwk94

Precure works like Sentai. Crossover every year.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Cure_All_Stars

With the launch of ShoutFactoryTV, wouldn't it be cool if we started getting Zyuranger and future Sentai releases there as well?

No idea. Seems they dropped Climax Heroes for Battride, but with Battride 2 being such a tiny upgrade over the original and Bandai haphazardly shoe-horning Kamen Rider into an NFC game that looks like it had nothing to do with Kamen Rider, it seems they are still totally undecided on what to do next.

I'm surprised that they haven't just given up and went straight to doing iOS and Android games yet like other licensed games.

That ShoutFactory site is just a place to put all their stuff that's on Hulu. It's safe to say that if Zyuranger makes it's way to Hulu, it'll be on the site too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

That's a nice compilation. Another way of showcasing the evolution of Sentai through the years.
Next week should give us the ToQ #1 to AkaNinger handoff. Get those GIFs ready

I read some reactions to the penultimate ToQger, sounds like there isn't much to look forward to.

Oh, I'm holding off on Gaim to finish up RPM, then watch Go-Onger afterward. I know it will be whiplash, but I survived Wizard, I can do this.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh, no wonder I haven't seen the Tokugaf thread up in my subscribed threads.

Gotta love the smell of new thread.

Are we clear that this is the Sentai thread, or this is an all-purpose thread? Should I write my Kamen Rider Drive impressions here or on the Drive thread?

I don't think I even watched last weeks ToQger yet, so I'll post my impressions on that later.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ah yeah, fresh new thread!

Now who else here wants to speculate what sort of game the next Rider game will be like?
Another NFC device thing like Summon Ride? A sequel to it? More Battride War? A return to Climax Heroes fighting games?

They usually get more than one type of game out a year so I'm eager to see the next! Especially since Summonride seems a let down from general consensus so far...

A "3D Fighting Arena", like I imagine something like that one Gundam game and Xenoverse...probably make each Rider's Form its own character slot, and I'd love if they'd incorporate the Create-a-Riders that are in that arcade game, y'know the ones with the tablet faces.

jwk94

Oh, no wonder I haven't seen the Tokugaf thread up in my subscribed threads.

Gotta love the smell of new thread.

Are we clear that this is the Sentai thread, or this is an all-purpose thread? Should I write my Kamen Rider Drive impressions here or on the Drive thread?

I don't think I even watched last weeks ToQger yet, so I'll post my impressions on that later.

All your toku is safe here, young one.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm... when I think about it, Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad feels more "novel" than Gridman.

WarRock

#practicaleffects

I like that.

PC is out of commission and I forgot my GAF password, so no first page post for me )=

@Ninninger
Dude, another Jiraiya sounds awesome. Wonder if the script is up to it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
A hamburger henshin device...
That is so dumb that it wraps around to becoming brilliant.

He's a cowboy too... is this a tribute to Jiraiya?

The sixth Ninninger is a "homage" to Jiraiya? FUCK YEAH. Don't even care if the hamburguer looks silly, Kakuranger's silliness only made it more special, could be the case here too.

I know you're all talking about Kakurenger, which I never saw and it's probably why this happens to me, but all I can think about when I hear Jiraiya is...

mV55czm.jpg

Tiu Neo

Speaking of Jiraiya... Ninninger would be the perfect opportunity for the metal hero Jiraiya to return.

Won't happen, but I can dream, heh.

EDIT: GODDAMN IT DRIZZLE.

I know you're all talking about Kakurenger, which I never saw and it's probably why this happens to me, but all I can think about when I hear Jiraiya is...

mV55czm.jpg

Haha, it was the same for me before watching Kakuranger.

They are very different, but both are awesome.

Tiu Neo

I don't know why I wrote "KakurEnger". Brain fart.

I do it sometimes too, it's more similar to how we say it in portuguese.

Oh, BTW, did you see the "new" version of the Brazillian Jiraiya DVDs? I heard they were fixed, but couldn't find them to buy.

WarRock

So, what are tokuGAF's thoughts about the possible Zelda Netflix series? I mean, if it happens, there's no way that it's not going to be some for of western toku, right?

I just can't see the point of NOT going the animated route with this IP, though.

@Jiraiya
Make that three, when I started watching Kaku I didn't even know there was a character named like the OLYMPIC NINJA.

WillyFive

So, what are tokuGAF's thoughts about the possible Zelda Netflix series? I mean, if it happens, there's no way that it's not going to be some for of western toku, right?

I just can't see the point of NOT going the animated route with this IP, though.

It's a chance for Netflix to chase the Game of Thrones fantasy flavor, which in of in itself tries to chase the Lord of the Rings fantasy flavor, which Zelda: Twilight Princess tried to chase as well.

It should fit in just fine, all that matters is if it's good.

Slayven

@Jiraiya
Make that three, when I started watching Kaku I didn't even know there was a character named like the OLYMPIC NINJA.

I doubt it will happen

BatDan

Speaking of Netflix
Anyone think that Saban could use Netflix as a better avenue for PR after the Nickelodeon contract expires? 20 episodes in the spring, 20 more in the fall. It'd be nicer than what Nickelodeon is doing. Plus, Netflix is big enough that they can actually market that its online.
Hopefully Bandai allows it.

WarRock

More toku on Netflix, be it PR or Ultra movies would be appreciated.

By the way, did the Patlabor movie come out yet?

jwk94

HULU confirmed they couldn't get the rights to stream Dino Charge which I'm 99% sure means we won't see it on ShoutFactoryTV unless SF can get it on Hulu somehow.

Speaking of Netflix
Anyone think that Saban could use Netflix as a better avenue for PR after the Nickelodeon contract expires? 20 episodes in the spring, 20 more in the fall. It'd be nicer than what Nickelodeon is doing. Plus, Netflix is big enough that they can actually market that its online.
Hopefully Bandai allows it.

That would be hella interesting but would that be enouhg to sustain toy sales? How have Netflix-only kids show done in the past?

Corgi

Banned
weird, hulu not getting streaming rights? Nick seems to be dialing back... maybe they are getting defensive with how the older crowd were yelling at them about the garbage of the last season?

BatDan

Netflix has all the seasons (except Alien Rangers for some reason), but it doesn't have the movies.
It even has the 2010 MMPR re-vision.

Hulu isn't getting Dino Charge? That's bizarre.
If it's because of Nickelodeon, then it just continues to show how incompetent they are. They seem to have issues dealing with adult fans if the Korra clusterfuck is anything to go by.

WillyFive

Netflix has all the seasons (except Alien Rangers for some reason), but it doesn't have the movies.

If it's because of Nickelodeon, then it just continues to show how incompetent they are. They seem to have issues dealing with adult fans if the Korra clusterfuck is anything to go by.

Showing their show in more avenues has nothing to do with pandering to a certain age of fans. Hulu wants children to watch their content just as much as Netflix or any other place does.

In all likelihood is Nick and it's parent company trying to compete with other streaming services by locking their stuff to their own site, just like with Korra's episodes being viewable only on Nick.com and not on Netflix or Hulu.

vareon

@Jiraiya

I refrain from commenting things before I can see them, even more so when it's not confirmed, but I really don't see any value in Zelda series, of all things, turned into a live action TV series.

LostAnkh

Talk about a waste of space.
D4OSljY.gif

jwk94

Ugh, Spidey did not need to be moved to the MCU. I actually liked the different feel of the Spiderman movies compared to the MCU movies. Plus, Garfield was amazing.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ugh, Spidey did not need to be moved to the MCU. I actually liked the different feel of the Spiderman movies compared to the MCU movies. Plus, Garfield was amazing.

Joke post?

Also, what is up with the Ninninger promo at the end of latest ToQger? Over-Time is doing crazy graphics on the subtitles too now or was that just a joke?

jwk94

Joke post?

Also, what is up with the Ninninger promo at the end of latest ToQger? Over-Time is doing crazy graphics on the subtitles too now or was that just a joke?
Serious post. The only thing out of the mcu I've actually enjoyed were the captain America films. I've watched everything just because but never really enjoyed anything but cap.

Tiu Neo

Didn't see the second movie, but on the first, I liked old Peter was better, but old Spidey was worse. I liked how the new Spidey made more jokes and kinda played with it's enemies.

If they bring this Spidey to the MCU, I'm ok with it. I liked Captain America, Iron Man 1 and 2 and Avengers, Thor wasn't bad, but didn't like it as the others.

Joke post?

Whoa, 46 is already out? Didn't expect it so soon, last few weeks it released on Thursdays.

BatDan

ToQger 46

"All worlds begin in darkness, and all so end. The heart is no different. Darkness sprouts within it, grows, consumes it. Such is its nature. In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came. You see, darkness is the heart's true essence."

So much for the last two episodes... at least next week is finally the ending.
I'm disappointed that Z is just an evil bastard and not actually related to the ToQgers like it was implied.
Unless he happens to be Right's dad since he seems to be missing

My issue with this season is just how "safe" it is. It didn't really take risks or try anything new. It's just generic as fuck.

Drive 17

More Dead Heat action. It does provide some cool moves.
Professor Harley is awesome! Hope we see more of him.
Brain acting like a jealous brat was hilarious.

WarRock

It has the movies since last year.

isny

napkin dispenser
For tgose of you in Canada, Target seems to got the first wave of toys and the megazord for Dino Charge and all toys are 20% off currently due to the closing sales.

Not an amazing deal, but they have tons of stock, so when the discount drops to 40% I'm planning on picking up a gabu revolver =D

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Professor Harley is awesome! Hope we see more of him.

Doubtful, he's apparently doing plays with his sister who's a singer or something?

I also wonder if we'll see more of Krim's human actor since he's probably pretty big as well, I'm starting to think perhaps one of the final Roidmude bosses will take his human form as his own (although I really think they're gonna pull a Dr. Gero and the final Roidmude Boss will be Dr. Banno)

Huh, so I guess a few Super-1 references with Ootsuki Wolf as Prof. Hen.. er I mean Harley.. riding a Honda Goldwing, and Gou's pose somewhat similar to Oki Kazuya?

javadoze

ToQger 46

Damn. ToQ1's suit actor's butt really shines through in the dark suit... (You can see I got bored while watching and just fixated myself on random things in the show now.)

Oh yeah, episode was alright, but it's pretty much par for course in terms of finales. Last week was so much better, but this episode kinda made things feel "meh" again. I should be excited over things like Wagon/Conductor actually doing something and other stuff, but it's really too little too late.

Top Bottom