• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, the base Ghost (GC01) and Spectre (GC03) figures are faceless, so you can drop on any Soul Coat and the face is attached, like above. Necrom (GC09) is equally compatible.

So kids can mix and match them. They probably won't do it on the show because of the faceplate issue.

Gaim had it easier, because the Visors were actually clear. The color came from the attached head piece, so you could swap pretty much anything.

Ooo I always thought the visors were solid, which is why I was wondering if toys ever made them interchangeable.

Tiu Neo

Decade's Shinkenger episodes made me miss Shinkenger. Maybe I'll watch it again someday, first time I did there were only TV-N subs.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Decade's Shinkenger episodes made me miss Shinkenger. Maybe I'll watch it again someday, first time I did there were only TV-N subs.

Decade's Shinken episodes were some of the best of the series. Really great stuff.

I wish Decade would get a re-sub. =/

CAST OFF!

yUyANt0.png

CHANGE ANT!

You know you were thinking it too.

Kard8p3

OK friends give me something to watch! The last Kamen Rider (and my favorite) was Kiva. The last Super Sentai (and again, my favorite) was Gekirangers.

I've not seen many other Super Sentais so feel free to list whatever.

As for other Kamen Riders I've watched Den-o and Kabuto.

Snaku

Banned
OK friends give me something to watch! The last Kamen Rider (and my favorite) was Kiva. The last Super Sentai (and again, my favorite) was Gekirangers.

W is really, really good. Haven't seen much else since then.

Try W or Gaim for Kamen Rider.
For Super Sentai, try Shinkenger, Kyoryuger or Go-Buster.

javadoze

In terms of recent shows...

On the Rider side of things: Double = Gaim > Fourze > Drive

On the Sentai side of things (in no particular order): Gokaiger, Akibaranger, and Kyoryuger.

In terms of recent shows...

On the Rider side of things: Double = Gaim > Fourze > Drive

On the Sentai side of things (in no particular order): Gokaiger, Akibaranger, and Kyoryuger.

Gokaiger is really good, but I think you need a few seasons under your belt to appreciate it.

Honestly, if you can survive Jan in Gekiranger, the world is open for you. There's nothing you can't deal with.

Pluto

Kamen Rider:
W
Fourze
Gaim

W is my favourite out of those

Sentai:
Megaranger
Gingaman
GoGo V
Dekaranger
Abaranger
Magiranger
Shinkenger
Gokaiger
ToQger

If you liked Gekiranger I really recommend Magiranger.

javadoze

So the magazine picture of the 6th Zyuohger is out...

I blame GokaiSilver being indecisive over Go-On Wings for this.

Otherwise, pretty nice, if odd, design.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuoh Sixth is Sex
th
Seriously, it's pretty fucking cool.

Modular helmet. Interesting. Judging by the scans, Crocodile is the mouthpiece sliding upward, Rhino looks to be the base, and Wolf is underneath Rhino.

Boss Doggie

well they could make it a parody of Three Wolf but change the two to rhino and croc

Boss Doggie

the croc part of the helmet is still bothering me though. The upper part should be protruding right? Also the wolf helmet doesn't look wolf at all.

Delio

the croc part of the helmet is still bothering me though. The upper part should be protruding right? Also the wolf helmet doesn't look wolf at all.

Actually yeah the wolf doesnt look very wolf like. Unlike the others where you can clearly tell.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I dunno, I thought many rider shows have the "slow start" thing.

With that said, since Fourze I am noticing the "lets churn out all collectable merchandise in early episodes" much more prominently.
Fourze was the absolute worst in terms of blatant advertising for the toys. Close-up of switches constantly, I hated it

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
What a great looking helmet. What a terrible looking everything else.

The top half of the crocodile's face looks like Godzilla so that's cool I guess

vareon

SIC Gaim. So good. June 2016.

Those armor are going to get in the way of poses, arent' they.

I'm on the fence. I really like it but 8000 yen.....I remember the day where we get both Ixa and Dark Kiva for 4700 yen. First time in a while where a Heisei SIC had no additional gimmick of design, too.

Edit: Nevermind, the "armor display" mode was the gimmick.

Tiu Neo

That sixth... it's like they couldn't decide if they wanted a gold, silver or black extra member.

I like the suit, anyway. Looks cool.

EDIT: Hm, the Ninninger V-Cinema will also have an extra member, like ToQ.
Midoninger. The first female green, if I'm not wrong, and if we don't count Mele.

Decade's Shinken episodes were some of the best of the series. Really great stuff.

I wish Decade would get a re-sub. =/

My favorite up to now are the Hibiki episodes. Kabuto was good too. The only problem I had with the Shinken episodes was Natsumi. I don't like her character already, but she was extra annoying on those episodes.

My recomendations:
- Fourze for Kamen Rider. (Black if you want older things).
- For Sentai, Go Busters, Shinkenger or Kyoryuger. (If you want older things, Abaranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Kakuranger or Changeman.)

Snaku

Banned
RAH Genesis Kamen Rider Ghost at Wonderfest, showing off the glow and light up features. I always tell myself that the Figuarts are good enough for me, but the Genesis line is really starting to make me consider getting into 1/6 scale collecting.

Boss Doggie

I liked how Ghost suit lighted up on Drive's movie. They still do light up sometimes, but it's not as good as that. Probably because of cost?

I always thought certain suits have already that built in. Surely they won't throw them away!

Tiu Neo

I always thought certain suits have already that built in. Surely they won't throw them away!

The ones that light on the dark, sometimes? Maybe, but that would depend a lot of filming conditions too, no? Maybe they have one suit like that for those kind of scenes, and the reserves don't light up?

The Drive movie's lights are cleary SFX, anyway, and would probably be too expensive to use on every episode of the show :(

Just finished all of OL's releases of Den-O. Starting to get into the show. Can't stand TV-N subs so I guess I'm in hell until they do another batch or pick up on weekly releases.

AAAAAAAAAH!

Gaim

need to catch up on ghost

WarRock

New thread, MHWilliams got modded, someone made an Ask Slayven thread and the sixth Zyuh looks like a rejected Beast design. Too much stuff happening while I am out!

By the way, shouldn't we link that great Garo guide MHWilliams (I think) posted last thread?

On another note, I've been trying to find all tokusatsu based games where you play both as a civilian and transformed hero. At the moment:

Rent a Hero/ Rent a Hero nº1
Chroma Squad
Zettai Hero Project
SNES Kamen Rider

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
New thread, MHWilliams got modded, someone made an Ask Slayven thread and the sixth Zyuh looks like a rejected Beast design. Too much stuff happening while I am out!

By the way, shouldn't we link that great Garo guide MHWilliams (I think) posted last thread?

On another note, I've been trying to find all tokusatsu based games where you play both as a civilian and transformed hero. At the moment:

Chroma Squad
Zettai Hero Project
SNES Kamen Rider

You can play as civilian Takeshi Hongo and transform into Rider 1 in Battride War Genesis.

WillyFive

Chroma Squad
Zettai Hero Project
SNES Kamen Rider

Both Wonderful 101 and Veautiful Joe let you do this as well.

Tiu Neo

The person who wrote Yuusuke's character on Decade must really hate Kuuga.

Tsukasa
even pretty much calls him useless on RX's episode. Not that he's wrong, unfortunately.

The person who wrote Yuusuke's character on Decade must really hate Kuuga.

Tsukasa
even pretty much calls him useless on RX's episode. Not that he's wrong, unfortunately.

Kuuga got shoved aside because of the more toyetic aspects of the show. No reason to give Kuuga a solid fight, because there's no toy being pushed.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Not gonna lie I'm glad we can play as Yusuke in Battride War Genesis though---fun idea that probably didn't take much effort beyond the voice.

Top Bottom