• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

javadoze

Ex-Aid 32

Chronos knows how to make an entrance. He even knows how to push all my favorite rider buttons (time manipulation powers, a god complex, a tail coat, even Kabuto's standing roundhouse kick).

Some predictions:

-Summer movie will have timeline shenanigans going on and act as the "Bad Future" that somehow affects the main show in the vein of Kabuto's God Speed Love (except not retconned).

-The yellow spot in the opening will be filled by Kiriya once again. It's way too intentional to leave the blank spot there.

-Muteki Gamer will also have powers similar to Chronos and thus have time powers as well.

am I not getting the pun of Critical Crews-Aid?

Critical Crews-Aid = Critical Crusade

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I bet Muteki will be able to move in frozen time for a limited amount as his "invincibility" power---hopefully with a Starman-esque theme.

Jaeger

Cronos is apparently one of the most powerful riders thus far. Powering rivaling and surpassing one of the strongest (Kuuga Ultimate Form)= in many categories.

Characters that control time are always the best, like Dio here. I mean, Cronos.

Slayven

Ex-Aid 32

Chronos knows how to make an entrance. He even knows how to push all my favorite rider buttons (time manipulation powers, a god complex, a tail coat, even Kabuto's standing roundhouse kick).

Some predictions:

-Summer movie will have timeline shenanigans going on and act as the "Bad Future" that somehow affects the main show in the vein of Kabuto's God Speed Love (except not retconned).

-The yellow spot in the opening will be filled by Kiriya once again. It's way too intentional to leave the blank spot there.

-Muteki Gamer will also have powers similar to Chronos and thus have time powers as well.

Critical Crews-Aid

Critical Crusade

Crews-Aid

Ex-Aid

Which leads to the idea of Muteki's finisher being HYPER CRITICAL EX-AID

I get the Crusade, but any other meaning then just Crusade? Like a gaming or medical term?

Tiu Neo

Kyuranger 15

Hammy grew a bit on me this episode. Naga is awesome as always.

Good fights, nice and fun episode, and they got another part of the Argo constellation. Lucky was a bit toned down again, and even was a bit made fun of because of his personality. If they keep at it, this will be one of the good series.

Next episode also looks like a good one.

Came in because I saw Trauma Center. Scroll down to see what the connection is, and then...

Me and Brody say hello to the new thread.

tumblr_ol3eogubxv1rg17yqo1_400.gif
who is this <3

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Came in because I saw Trauma Center. Scroll down to see what the connection is, and then...

who is this <3

To answer the first, the current Kamen Rider combines medical dramas & video games. Trauma Center felt the most appropriate. The "space" is the current Super Sentai and the "Hollywood" part is the PR movie.

As for who that is, that's William Shewfelt, the new Red Ranger on Power Rangers Ninja Steel.

WillyFive

Characters Passing Out: The Movie feat Dr. Pac-Man

Pac-Man was barely in this movie at all. The drama was awful and devoid of any characterization. Sakamoto's fight scenes were not his best, but at least they were slightly more interesting than the usual bland choreography used for these movies. Secondary Riders have no reason to be in this movie.

It was fun seeing the old Riders together at least. Interesting how Wizard's actor stayed in character all these years and kept eating those donuts. Drive's actor looks like an actual adult now that he went through puberty (one day it will happen for Ex-Aid's actor, maybe). The team henshin is the highlight for the movie; it was quite a show seeing all the actors do their henshin at the same time and yet having Ghost and Ex-Aid's morphs take twice as long due to how over the top they are compared to Wizard's.

I wish these movies were better. As someone who dropped Rider TV after the back to back terribleness of Drive and Ghosts and only watches the movies as they come out (since there are so many of them), I wish the writers would bother introducing who these characters are instead of having them show up as if we were expected to know what their purpose in life is.

Jeffrey

pacman movie... holy shit. They got every form of the not story important main rider in this somehow (think they missed some of the dragon elementals for wizard, but close enough).

so many forms lol. And that modern trend of riders having a final form that's like 5 eps before the final final form... thats a bit less clusterfuck.

Still love that gaim is still just a god, because why not.

NeonZ

I wish these movies were better. As someone who dropped Rider TV after the back to back terribleness of Drive and Ghosts and only watches the movies as they come out (since there are so many of them), I wish the writers would bother introducing who these characters are instead of having them show up as if we were expected to know what their purpose in life is.

Watch Ex-Aid. In spite of the weird suits, it's as plot focused as Gaim was.

Anyway, these movies are meant to be tv tie-ins nowadays though, not standalone features. One of the biggest marketing blurbs for Heisei Generations, aside from the Rider team up, was how it has a big reveal that's related to Ex-Aid's main story before the tv show itself. The Ex-Aid summer movie is also being advertised as the "true ending" of the series.

There's also the shooting schedule which sometimes constrains actor availability, although that's more relevant for past Riders, not the current cast. I think at least partially though they actively want to avoid giving a lot of detail about different backstories and powers, and might think it could actually make the movie too complicated even if they weren't relevant to the main premise.

Toxi

Banned
Drive's actor looks like an actual adult now that he went through puberty (one day it will happen for Ex-Aid's actor, maybe).
I've been binge-watching Drive and I don't get where you're coming from here. Ryoma Takeuchi was around 21 at the time of filming and he looked it.

Also helps that he's 6'1''.

vareon

Characters Passing Out: The Movie feat Dr. Pac-Man

Pac-Man was barely in this movie at all. The drama was awful and devoid of any characterization. Sakamoto's fight scenes were not his best, but at least they were slightly more interesting than the usual bland choreography used for these movies. Secondary Riders have no reason to be in this movie.

It was fun seeing the old Riders together at least. Interesting how Wizard's actor stayed in character all these years and kept eating those donuts. Drive's actor looks like an actual adult now that he went through puberty (one day it will happen for Ex-Aid's actor, maybe). The team henshin is the highlight for the movie; it was quite a show seeing all the actors do their henshin at the same time and yet having Ghost and Ex-Aid's morphs take twice as long due to how over the top they are compared to Wizard's.

Get back here and enjoy the insane ride that is Ex-Aid, Willy.

Toxi

Banned
Just finished Drive. That was pretty great, especially Gou
killing Banno with the Signal Axe.

"It said 'go for it', didn't it?"

WarRock

The helmet really looks like a western redesign of Zyuranger's lol, the antenna probably was necessary to dodge Saban, yes.

Tiu Neo

Chroma squad is on iOS Android. Remember enjoying it on pc. Light srpg about Sentai.

Thought of chalice lol.

They also had some problems with Saban. It's based on Sentai, but Saban made them put an "Inspired by Saban's Power Rangers" text on the game, heh.

Jeffrey

They also had some problems with Saban. It's based on Sentai, but Saban made them put an "Inspired by Saban's Power Rangers" text on the game, heh.
Yeah. Should have just licensed the game engine and made a licensed version,so there will be a decent power rangers game since... Snes movie game?

Tiu Neo

Yeah. Should have just licensed the game engine and made a licensed version,so there will be a decent power rangers game since... Snes movie game?

Naw, keep it a Sentai homage. Those guys are Brazilians, around their 30s. For us, Sentai was a much stronger influence in our lives than Power Rangers.

Maybe they could license it later, but I wouldn't have backed it on Kickstarter. But then, again, maybe it wouldn't need to, heh.

Toxi

Banned
LOL did the writers of Heisei Generations hate the Ghost characters? They all pass out or fucking die after every fight. And Ghost couldn't even win his fight with his final form like the other riders.

Movie was fun, though the plot was pretty slapdash. Dr Pac-Man drops the mask and moniker, what, 15 minutes in? His badass henchmen were more interesting than he was.

NeonZ

LOL did the writers of Heisei Generations hate the Ghost characters? They all pass out or fucking die after every fight.

I actually liked that. During Ghost's show they all talk about burning their lives to do their best, but it rarely really felt like it. This movie actually sold that for once.

And Ghost couldn't even win his fight with his final form like the other riders.

That was because they needed to debut his beyond final form, so obviously the old final form couldn't be enough.

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid 32

Nico is great, even when she can't really fight, heh. Wouldn't it be easier to defeat Lovelicawith her and Poppy? I mean, at least they would be efficient against him. Probably. And then, they could also use Dan on the first battle too. But then the episode would end too fast, I guess, heh.

Aaaand... that's where the director was. It was a good use of the character, actually. Still kinda a meh character overall, but it worked well here. I love how Emu kinda calls Genm a noob on his roll call, heh.

Dad Kuroto out-game mastering Dan the Game Master was cool as hell, and we Hyper Kabuto now. I wonder how OP Genmdeus will be, if he's not at the heroes side. But it's probably something like Masamune's bugster or something. And then Pallad and Emu will combine into one being and become Muteki or something.

One little thing about Excite's translation is that Super Dan Kuroto would be a better name to the new Dan, since it was was used west for SNES games.

Jaeger

Ex-Aid 32

Some predictions:

Agreed. I mentioned that Kabuto-like Rider Kick too. It's lit.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I still don't get how three Japanese men = form stronger than both the souls of 15 LEGENDARY HEROES and the hopes and wishes of all of humanity.

WillyFive

Are the Kyurangers toys performing good? Kyutamas don't look like an interesting toy to me.

I don't know how it's performing or anything, but personally I think it's time for a new series-wide gimmick.

First it was mechs, then morphers, then interchangeable mechs, then collectable interchangeable mechs, then collectibles, then collectibles that work with morphers, then now we have collectibles that also work with the collectable interchangeable mechs and the morphers.

There has to be something new someone at Bandai can come up with.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Watched about 12 episodes of Kyuranger so far. Don't really like the collectible, the skill Kyutama just show up out of thin air and really don't mean much. The transformation Kyutama also show up out of thin air so I don't like that either.

Dislike the poses while transforming, I find them to be very lackluster to see them hunching over to shoot at the ground.

Enjoy the characters for the most part. Only thing I dislike about Lucky is his catch phrase which he uses far to often. I disliked to Commander at first when he was just there to be a goofball but thankfully he's not just that.

WarRock

I agree that the posing game in Kyuranger is too weak, and there is no damn to be given to the Kyutamas when it's a bunch of crap that just exist and can do anything. Even Wizard rings had context.

NeonZ

Are the Kyurangers toys performing good? Kyutamas don't look like an interesting toy to me.
3.2 billion yens for the first quarter. That's basically higher than the first quarter of any show after Boukenger aside from Toqger, which reached 3.5 billion yens. I don't have quarter numbers for earlier ones, but it's likely higher than most too, considering their total numbers.

Kyoryuger had 3.1 in the first quarter and higher sales afterwards though, making it overall the best selling show (14.1 billions) since Ohranger.

My son is only 3 so a bit too young for most shows, but he has latched onto the Kyuutama toys already even though they are just cheap plastic spheres.
He only has a couple, but if the Seiza Blaster is still on sale later this year he might get lucky and get one as a present.

I actually just want it for myself and just want an excuse to buy him one. Don't fucking judge me.

vareon

3.2 billion yens for the first quarter. That's basically higher than the first quarter of any show after Boukenger aside from Toqger, which reached 3.5 billion yens. I don't have quarter numbers for earlier ones, but it's likely higher than most too, considering their total numbers.

Kyoryuger had 3.1 in the first quarter and higher sales afterwards though, making it overall the best selling show (14.1 billions) since Ohranger.

My son is only 3 so a bit too young for most shows, but he has latched onto the Kyuutama toys already even though they are just cheap plastic spheres.
He only has a couple, but if the Seiza Blaster is still on sale later this year he might get lucky and get one as a present.

I actually just want it for myself and just want an excuse to buy him one. Don't fucking judge me.

That's good to hear. Personally I think it's boring but if kids like it that's good.

Top Bottom