• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
yeah uh I haven't listened to that section yet, but as far I can remember Mikazuki wears either an overlarge coat, a sleeveless shirt, or no shirt at all. And a pair of overlarge pants.

I guess he wore a kimono once.

I finished up Dragon Quest VIII last night. Really fun experience overall. I think I clocked in about 80 hours. I did everything except the final Dragovian Trials and the Rank X Monster Fights because I wasn't that hardup on a 100% run.

I finished up Dragon Quest VIII last night. Really fun experience overall. I think I clocked in about 80 hours. I did everything except the final Dragovian Trials and the Rank X Monster Fights because I wasn't that hardup on a 100% run.

I still need to get that on my 3DS and beat DQVII on there. I'll probably get it at some point.

C49FejzXAAAlzSt.jpg

C49Fej4WMAAnaPH.jpg

C49Fej1WcAEvPmJ.jpg

C49FfVdWEAEF6Zp.jpg

Gumball seems pretty alright.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Been slacking this week on account to being working sick and other things, so I haven't beaten it yet. I love the addition of Morrie and Red, the photo sidequest, 2x battle speed and especially visual enemies. Visual enemies+wide open maps means you can avoid any encounter that doesn't spawn and aggro immediately in front of you.

Might have to skip the post game content this time around. I've just got the God Bird so I'm almost done with the main quest.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Beerus crosses the line and sets Vegeta in a rage as Bulma's party breaks down into chaos, the fighters assemble for the World Martial Arts Tournament as Goku arrives back on Earth once again, Lisa Lisa reveals the Pillar Men's true intentions and Jojo gets an unwelcome visitor as he approaches his final lesson in Hamon, the Federation makes its assault on Palau as Banagher attempts to make his escape in the Unicorn, Kurapika has completed his Nen training and sets out to take his first job as a full-fledged Hunter, Hotaru is ambushed by bandits while Utakata is pursued by hunters of his own, Brook's tale continues as he recounts the tragedies that befell the Rumbar Pirates on their journey through the Grand Line and reveals a memento of their final moments, and finally Section 9 investigates a string of mysterious android suicides.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 7 - How Dare You Do That to My Bulma! Vegeta's Furious Transformation?
8:30 - Samurai Jack - 6 - Jack in Space
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 7 - How Dare You Do That to My Bulma! Vegeta's Furious Transformation?
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 105 - The Dragon Team Fully Assembled! Goku Has Come Back!
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 17 - The Deeper Plan
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 7 - The Battle at Palau
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 39 - Wish × And × Promise
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 146 - The Successor's Wish
2:30 - One Piece - 380 - Bink's Booze! The Song that Connects the Past with the Present!
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 3 - ANDROID AND I

OK, it looks like we've reached the point in the story where the 1999 Hunter X Hunter anime changes openings, so let's go over them.

Opening 1 - The song is nice, but it's very unexpected for an action/adventure show. I know when I started this series after hearing great things about it, I thought I had the wrong show.

And then, opening 2, covering the arc we're about to start. This has a huge tone shift, and demonstrates something interesting the first anime did that the new anime doesn't. It completely shifts the color palette to be darker, reflecting the tone of the arc, giving a real dark and gritty feel to the city. The current anime keeps the same light color scheme.

And then, opening 2, covering the arc we're about to start. This has a huge tone shift, and demonstrates something interesting the first anime did that the new anime doesn't. It completely shifts the color palette to be darker, reflecting the tone of the arc, giving a real dark and gritty feel to the city. The current anime keeps the same light color scheme.

That's the one thing I give the 99 series over the current one, the actual tone to the animation of the Yorknew Arc is better. The only change up they really do in the reboot series is some admittedly awesome new tracks.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

That's kinda disappointing. I love how dark and intense Yorkshin was in the original anime. Some real shit was going down. It practically felt like a completely different show compared to what came before, which kind of upped the intrigue even more. I would say I remember the tone and general feeling of what happened in Yorkshin from the original anime much more than I remember most of the specific plot details.

I may or may not be around for the start of Toonami tonight. Going to (finally) be watching my Guild screener for Moonlight over at a friend's place at some point tonight, but I'm not sure exactly when.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Hey Aunt Mito, why is my name Gon?"
"Because that's what happened to your father after he dropped you off"

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Ging probably didn't even drop Gon off himself. He probably had him mailed to Whale Island in a box with some holes in it

Even on my rewatch I'm astounded by Killua being the brains of that duo.
Ging probably didn't even drop Gon off himself. He probably had him mailed to Whale Island in a box with some holes in it
Ging probably used a Nen clone of himself or some shit.

Ging: "You wanna see me that badly huh? Well I don't wanna see you." Fucking Ging.

Jarate

Banned
You gotta admit, Ging has some god tier genetics apparently, at least enough to pass some of them onto his kid. Probably out getting every girl he can pregnant to populate the world with a bunch of Gons.

Imagine how happy Hisoka is with that timeline

You gotta admit, Ging has some god tier genetics apparently, at least enough to pass some of them onto his kid. Probably out getting every girl he can pregnant to populate the world with a bunch of Gons.

It really does make me wonder who Hisoka wants to fight more. Hisoka gets more leeway to kill Gon than he does with Hisoka though. Hisoka killing Killua would pretty much fuck Hisoka's life up.

HStallion

The manga actually goes into this
Don Freeces is most likely an absolute monster that makes the Chimera Ants look chump tier

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, watching Super now for a change since I'm probably going to miss it later. Hopefully I'll be home no later than Jojo o'clock.

A car wreck and a cold are better than a show headlined by Crap Puka.
Bruh...can it. He's got one of the hypest fights. Does Togashi ever explain why Ging is riding two animals at the same time? I am kind of surprised Ging doesn't sound like Guts.

Ging: "If I hear you coming, I'm going to bolt." Boothisman.gif.

HStallion

I don't know what Man God has against him. Kurapika is a much better version of Sasuke than the Sasuke he inspired. Oh god Milluki's room, I wonder if he has a HunterGaf account or something.

HunterGAF must make the worst forums on the Web look like child's play. Hisoka would be posting and basically be the HunterGAF ' version of DTL.

Oh here is Hisoka posting about some little boys he can't wait to fight

Just finished Part 2 (probably will save Part 3 for Monday) & 100% agree on the IBO & Dimension W talk during Most Disappointing. Another knock against DW is the fact Funimation was part of the production(?) committee, meaning they though "yes, THIS is the anime we want to be a bigger part of instead of just dubbing it. THIS is the show that'll make it big & be popular", which just baffles me.

Yeesh, I actually forgot Funimation was part of that production committee too.

Decimate you do realize that Mikazuki as Best-Dressed is a war crime right?

I TRIED TO STOP THEM

HunterGAF must make the worst forums on the Web look like child's play. Hisoka would be posting and basically be the HunterGAF ' version of DTL.

Oh here is Hisoka posting about some little boys he can't wait to fight
"Hisoka stop it already, we can practically hear you cumming through your post." I really wish they dubbed this earlier. I keep catching up to the dub and having to switch to the sub. They're not going to finish the last ep till what 2019?

HStallion

"Hisoka stop it already, we can practically hear you cumming through your post." I really wish they dubbed this earlier. I keep catching up to the dub and having to switch to the sub. They're not going to finish the last ep till what 2019?

There are over a hundred episodes left in the show so even if they showed an episode every week with no breaks the entire time the show wouldn't be finished for over 2 years. So yeah about 2019 maybe even longer.

There are over a hundred episodes left in the show so even if they showed an episode every week with no breaks the entire time the show wouldn't be finished for over 2 years. So yeah about 2019 maybe even longer.
God damn. Yeah I can't watch this show one ep a week, it's fucking impossible. At the very least Toonami has a great shonen to air for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom