• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

Talk of North Star has made me look up a few scenes and while they don't hold up perfectly from an action perspective, they've gained a level of absurd humor that I appreciate.

Talk of North Star has made me look up a few scenes and while they don't hold up perfectly from an action perspective, they've gained a level of absurd humor that I appreciate.
It's old and the fight choreography doesn't hold up, but it has a sort of charm to it. Luckily it's part of the era I can watch without complaining too heavily. Once I hit animation pre dating the first Gundam I can't watch it.

Mizerman

): that hurts me to my core

giphy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
cool

now put it on the Switch VC

....that is cool that after years of saying it wasn't possible on either Wii or Wii U, they got the game to work on the VC since they kept saying technical difficulties prevented it from being re-released.

cntr

Banned
Harvest Moon games aren't exactly known for being well-programmed, so that makes sense

I should get back to playing Stardew Valley

There's a lot I dislike about review threads concerning new game releases, but mostly I can't help being annoyed by the animosity concerning scores that fall outside the hype zone. The defense I get for people being childish and petty is "It's really important games get a 90 or above on metacritic these days!"

No it's not.

It's just not.

Massicot

There's a lot I dislike about review threads concerning new game releases, but mostly I can't help being annoyed by the animosity concerning scores that fall outside the hype zone. The defense I get for people being childish and petty is "It's really important games get a 90 or above on metacritic these days!"

No it's not.

It's just not.

Surprisingly a lot of level heads in that thread wrt the USgamer score too. Still a lot of silly posts alongside them however.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1344525

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS looks neat.

I loved Duel Monsters, 5D's and ARC-V.

Didn't care for GX and wasn't interested in Zexal at all.

Seems like YGO works on a tick-tock thing for me, I like the odd-numbered ones a lot more than the even ones (which doesn't spell good things for VRAINS...)

Mizerman

No it's not.

It's just not.

"B-But...muh 90 score is absolute."

Nice.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1344525

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS looks neat.

I loved Duel Monsters, 5D's and ARC-V.

Didn't care for GX and wasn't interested in Zexal at all.

Seems like YGO works on a tick-tock thing for me, I like the odd-numbered ones a lot more than the even ones (which doesn't spell good things for VRAINS...)

The biggest concern about vrains is link summons and how they massively impact the way the game is played.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The biggest concern about vrains is link summons and how they massively impact the way the game is played.

I only watch the anime now (my dreams of being King of Games died in 2008 or so) so anything would be an improvement over Action Cards.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MC-Kun looks so BORING compared to Yuya :(

Indeed. Yuya had a lot of personality in his design, but not too ridiculous compared to Yuma. I just wish he took his jacket off more often, in serious situations it could have made him look quite a bit more badass.

bigkrev

Indeed. Yuya had a lot of personality in his design, but not too ridiculous compared to Yuma. I just wish he took his jacket off more often, in serious situations it could have made him look quite a bit more badass.

He's overdesigned, but in a way that totally works? He's got Christmas hair, he's got the weird sexual choker like Yugi had, he has Digimon goggles with one side being a giant star, he's got sweatbands on his arms, comically oversized cargo pockets, a giant airplane seatbelt on his waist, and fuck you Andrex, the Jacket is cool!

latest

is yugioh good

No, but I enjoy/have enjoyed in the past some aspects of it

is yugioh good

Eh, I think it's okay. I have some nostalgia for it since I watched it when I was kid when it was on Kids WB. The anime painted it out to be more for kids than the manga does from what I read of the manga and seen of the anime. Doesn't help the dub was done by 4Kids like with older Pokemon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ARC-V Kai with the card games cut down/removed would be a legit great anime (though a bit kiddy at times.) Shit is about
interdimensional invaders and mass genocide*.

latest

People are turned into cards but it's treated as dying (with the obvious caveat that you know things will probably be OK at the end of the show.)

On that note I think 5D's stands on its own too with deeper-than-expected character moments and motivations.

He's overdesigned, but in a way that totally works? He's got Christmas hair, he's got the weird sexual choker like Yugi had, he has Digimon goggles with one side being a giant star, he's got sweatbands on his arms, comically oversized cargo pockets, a giant airplane seatbelt on his waist, and fuck you Andrex, the Jacket is cool!

latest

The jacket is cool but the way he wears it is kinda dumb and it's also dumb he still wears it when he's been thrown around by a serious enemy and is dirty and bruises, haha.

Even Yugi lost his jacket when shit got real:

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom