• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jojo is old as fuck. What I do find interesting is how well the stuff ages. Part 4 is like mid 90's yet the anime from last year was still great to watch.

cntr

Banned
That reminds me: which came first, Kars or Cell?
Kars.

Cell, for reference, ran directly alongside Part 3, and ended around the same time.

Jojo is old as fuck. What I do find interesting is how well the stuff ages. Part 4 is like mid 90's yet the anime from last year was still great to watch.
Togashi and Araki originated or popularized a lot of shounen tropes. It makes sense that they feel so modern. (And helps that Jojo eventually became a seinen.)

Togashi and Araki originated or popularized a lot of shounen tropes. It makes sense that they feel so modern. (And helps that Jojo eventually became a seinen.)
I think what makes their stuff so interesting is that they both have their own narrative spins to everything. You can for example copy Yusuke Urameshi, but that character still wouldn't be as interesting or entertaining as Yusuke himself.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, just tone down the repetitiveness, up the budget, and people would be all over that shit.

Most of it was filler anyway.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yeah, just tone down the repetitiveness, up the budget, and people would be all over that shit.

I suppose if Jotoro is popular it could work. He's basically high school Kenshiro in a lot of ways.

YURIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still need to sit down and try to finish it. It being repetitive did not help, only made it to about ep 8.

HStallion

YURIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still need to sit down and try to finish it. It being repetitive did not help, only made it to about ep 8.

It doesn't really change the formula as it goes along. Kenshiro shows up in a fucked up town or place under assault or ruled with violence, everyone laughs and makes fun of this lone stranger shit talking them out of nowhere and play up how great their post apocalypse Kung Fu is and the Kenshiro obliterates them without actually saving anyone before moving on.

Morlas

you can't speak of manly without speaking of the GOAT

4d1ebc20d709977dc3b64cdbfc5a33a22acfa91c_hq.gif

HStallion

Yeah Hokoto Shin Ken is that OP. He'd rage is jacket off, punch him...unless he really needs to use his legs and then that guy is dead. The most dragged out fight I saw was when Kenshiro had to fight not Rolento.

The fight with Souther was good because Kenshiro couldn't just kill him like he normally does. That and the whole pyramid thing was pretty cool

redundant or not I will still likely have more fun watching Super in english from here on out than I will have watching the upcoming arc of HxH in english :p

If it really will be another time through that one for you, then I will inform you of a couple aspects to the arc which the anime could not cover (within reason), which tie it all together succinctly. (I can tell you might have felt your time was wasted while watching)
I'll most likely tell you anyway

I understand this, but it's one thing to feel bored, and another to feel like your time was wasted.
There are lots of peeps who find the arc to contain lots of irrelevant stuff when it is, in fact, the exact opposite!
It's cause they decided to not pay attention to the fucking narrator.

It's cause they decided to not pay attention the fucking narrator.

Kinda true, but I've seen so many watchers/readers jump to conclusions they made up themselves, then think there's not much left of the story and are just shrugging the rest off waiting for it to be done with. And it gives me so many sads

Kinda true, but I've seen so many watchers/readers jump to conclusions they made up themselves, then think there's not much left of the story and are just shrugging the rest off waiting for it to be done with. And it gives me so many sads
That arc isn't done until it's done. That's called being too lazy to take some time and thinking about the weight of everything that happened. The arc is dense, but it's the good kind of dense.

Greed Island is hands down the best arc in the anime.
Do not listen to this false diety.
But grid levels are fucking awful.
I haven't seen the Greed Island arc so I have no idea what its quality is.
It's fine, though we're hitting the point where you should really start paying attention to how Gon reacts to things and his thought process. On top of this be mindful regarding how much more experienced people react to it and what they say.

Xe4

Banned
It's a much needed training arc...with Dragon Quest and Yugioh thrown in there.

It's fine, though we're hitting the point where you should really start paying attention to how Gon reacts to things and his thought process. On top of this be mindful regarding how much more experienced people react to it and what they say.

I was making a (very poor) joke, haha. I'm actually really looking forward to it, and I can't wait to see how their Hatsu develops. HxH is basically my favorite show on the block right now. I go back and re-watch every episode, they're so good.

I was making a (very poor) joke, haha. I'm actually really looking forward to it, and I can't wait to see how their Hatsu develops. HxH is basically my favorite show on the block right now. I go back and re-watch every episode, they're so good.
HxH is legit quality and have fun seeing how Gon and Killua develop their powers. I prefer Killua's move set, but Gon's isn't too shabby either. This arc is good for showcasing how well Gon and Killua adapt to learning Nen techniques. They breezed passed Zushi for a damn good reason and it wasn't a fluke either.

I'm interested in seeing how Gon fights, considering last week implied that all he would be doing would be strong/explosive charged punches and kicks, with Wing mentioning Enhancers don't have "special attacks" and what we saw of Uvo. It would make sense for the dumb shonen protag to have simple abilities.

But this is HxH so I'm confident Togashi will surprise me with things that are unexpected and clever.

tbh unless Dragon Ball Super steps it up (which i hear it does, so this post is probably irrelevant) the only thing that'll even touch Hunter x Hunter for months is gonna be Jojo

HStallion

Whenever they get Mob Psycho 100 its gonna blow some minds is all I'm gonna say. Its as well animated as One Punch Man and has a far more heartfelt story line, a cast of hilarious characters and subverts a lot of common manga/anime tropes as well as HxH does.

You people aren't ready for episode 5.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish we got Jojo & HxH next to each other, it's gonna suck going from Jojo to Tokyo Ghoul. Makes me wish we could have Jojo > HxH > Lupin > Tokyo Ghoul.

& any predictions as to what that Comic-Con announcement that was pulled at the last minute could be?

Xe4

Banned
From what I've seen so far, enhancing is definitely the most "boring" nen type. They're good at offense, good at defense, and their Hatsu (again, from what I have seen) has been punch hard/kick hard/attack hard in some kind of special way. The other classes have to get much more creative if they want to be competent fighters.

Not that I'm sure there won't be exceptions, but that's my impression thus far. In that regard, I'd also say I'm looking forward towards Killua's Hatsu more as well. Plus, he's fucking Static!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom