• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase17

i've not been a fan of the combat in any of the uncharted games because a lot of the encounter design feels kind of annoying and cheap, with 3 (never played 1) being the apex of that bullshit.

i've never tried it but i wonder a lot if blasting through them on easy is the way to go
Oh 1 is significantly worse in that regard. It also turns Jet Ski segments into nightmares. 4 circumnavigated the issue by having few encounters haha.

I like the Uncharted series a lot though. Ready to jump into Lost Legacy.

Uncharted on crushing basically stops being a cover shooter and more a stationary game of hoping you can land enough headshots before you run out of ammo, because you can't actually leave cover to get more.

And you kinda just have to hope the damage system is generous with you, because whether you're shot or not is totally random in those games.

Several thread points:

- Can't wait to see what the ratings look like next week
/s
. Then again, all of cable will down thanks to the fight; but in a world where Mr. Robot gets 700,000 viewers (and still gets another season) and Twin Peaks even less, I think Nielsen's days in its current format are numbered.

- Tinder feels too much like cheating the system. If I were currently in the pursuit of anything, I'd do it the old fashioned way.

- Pot should be universally legalized and taxed the shit out of, I don't really get the idea of how someone enjoys cigs (cigars are dope though), and any domestic beer lower tier than a High Life or Yuengling is best avoided (especially PBR and Coors Light, which is fermented dog piss). Not usually a fan of wine.

- Diet soda is gross.

- The SNES Classic will be seen at every Urban Outfitters near you.

- There's a new Uncharted game?!

- Outlaw Star's HD transfer looks fucking beautiful (unfortunately I was thrown into an argument about aspect ratios on another site thanks to it even though it's 2017).

- G Gundam after IBO pls?

Mizerman

i've not been a fan of the combat in any of the uncharted games because a lot of the encounter design feels kind of annoying and cheap, with 3 (never played 1) being the apex of that bullshit.

i've never tried it but i wonder a lot if blasting through them on easy is the way to go

I've never got into the Uncharted series either.

caliph95

Catch up I don't drink as well part religious, part nothing good came when I did and part not seeing the point

Also hard for dates no partly current situation and large part personality

BBboy20

I need to remind myself to keep some alcohol at hand when ever Tokyo Ghoul comes on (Drink during Jojo so I'll be buzzed when Shit: The Show airs to drown my sorrow and flame my fury that this replaced One Piece).

ckohler

LXunFFI.png

Episode 70 "Flash Hotstud"
This week Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, Schadenfreude, and Zonic discuss anime streaming, time chamber logic, motor-boarding, hammy narrators, handkerchief sniffing, Bisky training, ghosts, reverse time skips, and the premier of Outlaw Star.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode070.mp3

Timecodes:
0:00:48 News (Samurai Jack Blu-ray, anime streaming & solar eclipses)
0:20:04 Dragonball Super
0:25:30 Dragonball Z Kai
0:30:05 Jojo: Stardust Crusaders
0:37:24 Tokyo Ghoul √a
0:41:12 Hunter x Hunter
0:48:21 Lupin the III
0:53:11 Naruto Shippuden
0:59:05 Outlaw Star
1:09:33 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I don't think we can predict whether we'll get Wing or G first this early

Gundam Wing is getting the BD release this year and it has the nostalgia factor that no other Gundam series has, so I will still bet on that one first. Then again the other HD Remastered Gundam series are also in play.

cntr

Banned
G Gundam's also getting a BD release, and Wing HD also has the added hassle that it changes up a number of scenes, which would have to be redubbed.

...but it's all theoretical anyway, and we're just assuming it would happen. They've not actually said anything about either show. For all we know, Toonami plans to abandon Gundam forever after the bomb that was Unicorn.

Xe4

Banned
About Shippuden's ending date, it has a nominal ending date of: Saturday, December 16, 2023, assuming it doesn't miss an episode or anything.

We have a way to go boys!

cntr

Banned
podcast stuff: GT had the Pilaf Gang as old people, while Super...turned them into kids. So it's non-canon.

As for aging stuff, well, "Hyperbolic Time Chamber" is kind of a weird translation since it makes it sound like some time machine room thing, but its Japanese name refers to a Buddhist concept that makes it clear that it's an "outside time" mystical room. So they probably don't age in the room.

...also if I can be honest, the podcast is getting way too cynical. Even the positive comments are immediately undercut by something negative. It's kind of unfun to listen to.

showdown stuff: GT had the Pilaf Gang as old people, while Super...turned them into kids. So it's non-canon.

As for aging stuff, well, "Hyperbolic Time Chamber" is kind of a weird translation since it makes it sound like some time machine room thing, but its Japanese name refers to a Buddhist concept that makes it clear that it's an "outside time" mystical room. So they probably don't age in the room.

...also if I can be honest, the podcast is getting way too cynical. Even the positive comments are immediately undercut by something negative. It's kind of unfun to listen to.

(Is this about the showdown or toonamigaf because I don't remember these topics)

ckohler

podcast stuff: GT had the Pilaf Gang as old people, while Super...turned them into kids. So it's non-canon.

For the record, I've not actually seen GT even though I brought it up. I just remember seeing that it had Goku turned into a kid.

That's interesting. It doesn't explain their hair growing but I'm not sure we're meant to think too much about it.

Fair enough. I try to bring up positive things about each show as much as possible (except for Tokyo Ghoul which is more like anger therapy). For what it's worth, I personally thought this past week was a very positive one. Even Shippuden was good.

cntr

Banned
Dragonball is a lot more well-regarded and nostalgic in Japan than Z, so GT and Super both tried to bring the OG feeling back.

But GT, it...well, Super is a lot better at it, let's say.

caliph95

Super unlike GT had Toriyama involvement which is why Beerus and Whis and even their siblings are better than anything GT added and were probably the best movie characters

cntr

Banned
And even with Toriyama, Super's writers and animators seem like they 'get' the Dragonball goofy style better than the GT writers ever did. (Or Z's writers, for that matter, but that was the manga changing too.)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I still think that SS4 transformation in GT was far more visually interesting and unique than anything devised in Super.

i start to dislike the designs i've seen later on in super from what i've heard is toriyama's diminished involvement but the people who aren't overly invested in power levels still seem to think the writing's pretty good

i think super saiyan 4 looks grotesque and over-designed, like something you might expect out of a 90s comic book

that said, super saiyan 3 is really bad too

just changing hair color may not be the most inspired choice but i think it does the best job of preserving the pretty elegant design work

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i think super saiyan 4 looks grotesque and over-designed, like something you might expect out of a 90s comic book

that said, super saiyan 3 is really bad too

just changing hair color may not be the most inspired choice but i think it does the best job of preserving the pretty elegant design work

Yep.

Design in general is weak as hell in GT and it only gets slightly better near the end with the dragons. In fact, the ending of GT is really well done overall...and is another Goku/Vegeta buddy cop team up. Just like Super. Just like
the end of the Buu Saga.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Super and GT are near opposites.

GT involves Goku getting wished young by the pilaf gang starting off an adventure. GT is at its worst with its interstitial comedy episodes, where Super shines. Power levels are the only thing that matters in GT, while lets just say that is less of a going concern in Super.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom