• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Visit the official Toonami Tumblr page here

jUu7CUg.png

iF279uN.png

8i5IND8.png

fykxhwm.png

OwzGyOt.png

TwxVANl.png

flTdk1W.png

GKDm7Of.png

nmttbLt.png

bEdN2ai.png

nmttbLt.png

XcWAXZY.png

nmttbLt.png

rp94pGX.png

|OT0||OT1||OT2||OT3||OT4||OT5||OT6||OT7||OT8||OT9||Jan14||Feb14||Mar14||Apr14|[May14|

Raxus

I hope SAB is still around. The last drawing must have been a bitch.

That Dandy image. You're killing me Seda.

Seda

I just realized the text doesn't show up very well on dark theme. Might adjust that at some point.

I hope SAB is still around. The last drawing must have been a bitch.

That Dandy image. You're killing me Seda.

Took me a while to find a render of the logo. Now I can slap it on anything. So of course I go with this first.

DBZ Kai is exciting since I remember dick all of the original DBZ. Odd since that's all I would see when coming home from school.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I will never understand your excitement over this warmed over fossil but please, it is just one wretched show taking over from another wretched show and not the end of the world. I will not see this as a bright and shining day but I understand the practicality of the situation.

I will never understand your excitement over this warmed over fossil but please, it is just one wretched show taking over from another wretched show and not the end of the world. I will not see this as a bright and shining day but I understand the practicality of the situation.

Dude....relax lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This is how I relax, by making the things that I hate my punching bags, it is quite cathartic actually.

Back into the top 5 again. Fell asleep immediately after Jack ended, that's crazy we broke 20K late last night.

You can put the quill and ink away, your battle is over

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, I made it in the top 20 again finally. Just barely, but still.

Also, just for fun, here's the swear/bleep count for episodes 1 though 10 for Black Lagoon so far:

Episode 1:

Swears: 29
Bleeps: 3

Episode 2:

Swears: 18
Bleeps: 4

Episode 3:

Swears: 40 (most swears in an episode)
Bleeps: 2

Episode 4:

Swears: 8
Bleeps: 2

Episode 5:

Swears: 25
Bleeps: 7

Episode 6:

Swears: 14
Bleeps: 11

Episode 7:

Swears: 27
Bleeps: 25 (most bleeps in an episode)

Episode 8:

Swears: 16
Bleeps: 7

Episode 9:

Swears: 22
Bleeps: 21

Episode 10:

Swears: 20
Bleeps: 12

Total swears so far: 219
Total bleeps so far: 94

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Uggggggh, good morning everyone. Feel like shit and don't know why.

Attack on Titan
I still think the part where the Colossal Titan appears out of nowhere is hilarious.
So much foreshadowing.

Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge
Yeaaah, definitely one of the weaker DBZ movies. It's not Tree of Might or Bio-Broly bad, but it's nothing amazing. Crappy dub work aside, the story really just retreads the Ginyu Force and Freeza. Not as blatantly as Lord Slug did with the King Piccolo arc.

Shippuden
And thus Sasori reveals his true form of... Uncanny Valley Ichigo.
Also, Shippuden attempts to show that the boring-ass exposition DOES have a point for once! YMMV on the effect.

One Piece
And I think it's gonna be a long, long time, 'til touchdown brings me 'round to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home, oh no no no. I'm a Rocket Man. Rocket Maaan, burnin out his fuse up here alone.
Sea Train Battles next week!

Blue Exorcist
I recall that this was in the manga as well, but I know we're approaching divergence.
Don't really remember Mothra though...

Black Lagoon
And thus the Roberta arc ends, not with a bang, but with a PAWNCH. Insane stuff.

Beware the Batman
Man, the fight scenes suck... And so much time wasted on two pointless thugs.

Whelp the commercial during Clone Wars caused me to pass out, this is why monster energy > coke.

Crap I guess I need to do 2x threads now for the overall count -.- much lazy last thread will do it tonight after work while I catch up on clone wars and sbt

Attack on Titan
Eren's "I'm gonna kill all the titans arrrrgh" schtick is getting old, I can't wait for him to inevitably get wrecked and realize that these giant killing machines are pretty much unstoppable. This episode was kind of a training/slowburn set piece, it looks like some major crap it about to go down next weekend. I wonder how much will get censored.

DBZ Cooler's Revenge
Took way too long to build up to the main event, the voice acting was laughable, and Piccolo getting wrecked in 30 seconds was annoying but I had a good time watching this movie; it's great to have DBZ back where it belongs. Wish the American soundtrack hadn't been cut, the Japanese original is too passive.

Shippuden
The lost Kazekage appears...or something? Maybe this fight will wrap up by the time fall rolls around. My interest in this show couldn't be lower. At least things are moving in the right direction but the constant drawn-out conversations and flashbacks need to stop.

One Piece
Aqua Laguna is coming and Sanji is on a rampage. The pacing has slowed down significantly, this stretch until they get to Enies Lobby is actually kind of a bore.

Blue Exorcist
The Ex-wires go on a camping trip. I've already marathoned ahead and can say this is where the plot starts to pick up. No, not THAT plot.

Black Lagoon
Best episode of the night, heck, maybe of the year. Revy v Roberta concludes with a bare knuckle brawl, just the way we like it here.

The Batman
Terrible art. Terrible villain. Terrible dialogue. Terrible plot. This show is awful, dear lord.

Naruto
All the best characters begin to assemble, can we just skip to Gaara v Lee already?

Brotherhood
Bradley kicking ass never gets old, poor Greed.

Jack
Don't remember much, fell asleep.

Titan: the comedy bits worked well, and of course the "OH HAI CAN I HAVE MEAT TOO" scene was hype as hell. Tempting fate the series continues to remind the cast that you're already fucked

Coolers Revenge: yeah the first half was slow but when the action started I just got more and more excited for DBZ Kai this fall. There is something about a DBZ fight that is just too much fun. The old voice acting as a whole is pretty weak thank god for the Kai redub/cast on most characters

Shippuden: Why even bother having the story scene, just have Sasori reveal the 3rd Kazekage and have Chio be LEGIT SHOOK and realizes Deiadara's main man Sasori was responsible for the "death" of the past 3 Kazekage. The simple line at the elder meeting where they commented on the 3rd vanishing, the 4th being murdered, and now the 5th being kidnapped and probably murdered was more then enough. Or have that story earlier like shortly after the meeting not to interrupt the bloody fight, damn shit show pisses me off. How hard is it to just extend the fights with filler attacks ala Bleach or DBZ?

One Piece: Hype train is heading out to Enies Lobby!

Blue Exorcist: this really is a popcorn show, not very satisfying but still fun to munch on. Nice to see the team working together for a bit at the end and the battle with Mothra should be fun.

Black Lagoon: Garcia and Roberta's future relationship is Uncle Phil Approved :D also the fight was bad ass, show continues to be the best of the night

Beware The Batman: The only character on this show I enjoy is Katana and that tight leather outfit, can we just only focus on her instead please? Hell I'd take a version where Bruce gets hurt and its up to buff Alfred and Katana to fight bad guys. Would be 100x better then what we get, worst show on the block by far

Naruto: Now we're at the part where I don't want to skip for food because this is when things get good and stay good until the end of canon part 1. Great introduction for Guy's team and great tease for the Chunin exams.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Show continues to be awesome, we finally got to the point where the original series diverged so its all new canon content from here!

Samurai Jack: Wife character was funny and annoying (thats the joke etc) action was great. Not in love with the Scotsman guy like some of you but its always fun to watch Jack fight with someone.

Clone Warzzzzzz: Fell asleep at the commercial break and was fading out by the end of the first half, the way they showed the monster gave it the illusion it was a puppet and it moved like one and that was pretty awesome... Or maybe it was tired me playing tricks on my mind lol. Will watch again after work tonight

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzR9wBoUet07oJl
zlCfzR9wbGMwXWGsVs

zlCfzR9yDgUgHMUVkq

zlCfzR9yzWwVVRjJUf

1 last day of Animazement! This isn't a weekend where I try to get REASONABLE rest, but I do try to get enough sleep as to not be worthless each day, lol. Must play Daemon Bride one last time! Ha.

daveo42

Banned
Yay new thread! I'll post impressions later as it's way too early to be up anyway. Can't believe I ended up with over 900 posts last month.

Alright, back to sleep.
3216084471_1_3_89K81r4U.gif

Great work this week SAB as usual.
I actually ended up passing out after One Piece. Way too tired from yesterday. Good thing I've already seen the Black Lagoon episode already.

Raxus

Attack on Titan:
It is hard to discuss this show (for me anyways) without even hinting at spoilers so I remain mum on it.

DBZ: Cooler:
It is so weird seeing this after abridged and the original series. Hearing old voices, terrible scripts and VA (WHY WAS HE FRENCH?), but it makes me excited to see Kai for the first time later this year

Shippuden:

I only watched this fight edited and enjoyed it but my god does this episode find a way to move sloooooooooooooow. Hope the action picks up next week and not that THEY HAVE THE SAME SKILLS AS ME bullshit action.

One Piece:
All aboard the Hype Train! I think the sea train mini arc is entertaining and people give it too much flak. It has a couple cool fights, some funny moments and we learn a little more about some characters.

Blue Exorcist:

I'm going to beat the shit out of dead horses! That being said it is harmless fun despite being paint by the numbers as all hell, mostly thanks to how much I like Rin and parts of his supporting cast.

Black Lagoon:

As many people already mentioned, easily the best episode of the night. Hope we see more Roberta some time.

Beware the Bitchman:

I am saving a special write up just for this series since I am about to quit it. One more episode batman. Better show SOME improvement. Worst episode by far. I can't believe I catch this but miss Jack.

Jack:
Missed it and a handful of episodes. I may give my general impressions when I catch up. I am definitely going to watch a Scotsman episodes, they are always great.

Clone Wars:

Nice timing coming a week after Godzilla. This has all my Kaiju needs in an episode and this season in general has been a fun watch. Not much to complain about.

Symbionic Titan:

Some great stuff brought up this episode. Octus and Kimmy's relationship and we start to get a peek into Octus character. Not to mention we see potential love interest and more characters that would have been great to dive into if we ever got more than 20 episodes, alas.

Episode rankings sans stuff I missed or don't care to review:

Black Lagoon>Symbionic Titan>One Piece>Clone Wars>Attack on Titan>Blue Exorcist>Cooler>>>>Slowpudden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nanananana Bitchman!

Did anything even happen in One Piece last night? Or over the past 3 weeks? I feel like the pacing has ground to a complete halt after the betrayltron was explained.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Great stuff SAB. I notice you are missing some shows like SBT. Busy night drawing?

It was Batman, the Grey Ghost Anarky just made me too sleepy!

Naaa, it's Animazement Con-going weekend! All day at Con + 6 hour challenge + Sleeping past the time for the Con to close would SUCKKKKKK. So in the interest of catching the last day of Animazement with enough energy to function, the last part of the night was skipped for the sake of SLEEP!

I'll be back to full TOONAMI SKETCH stuff next week, WITHOUT FAIL, haha.

Scotsman Wife really made me want to draw till the end, though...

Did anything even happen in One Piece last night? Or over the past 3 weeks? I feel like the pacing has ground to a complete halt after the betrayltron was explained.
Sanji met up with Usopp and Franky. Luffy, the crew, the Franky family and Paulie all departed for Enies Lobby on the Rocket Man.

Tenumi

Banned
Attack on Titan: You know... at this point, this isn't all that bad, to be honest.

One Piece: A ride on a uncontrollable train? This can't possibly go wrong...

Blue Exorcist: No Comment

Black Lagoon: Great episode. Poor Spike... also poor Rock, can't catch a break.

Beware the Batman: I don't care if I'm the only one that likes this show. I don't know what it is, maybe it's the entire technology over supernatural powers that is Batman.

------------------------------
Personally, given everything so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the schedule this fall looked something like this. (Obviously with speculated additions)

11:30PM: DBZ Kai
12:00AM: Sailor Moon
12:30AM: Space Dandy
1:00AM: Naruto Shippuden
1:30AM: One Piece
2:00AM: (Kill La Kill)
2:30AM: (Psycho Pass)
3:00AM: Bleach
3:30AM: Naruto
4:00AM: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4:30AM: (CN Rescue)
5:00AM: (CN Rescue/Cowboy Bebop)