• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar15| the smartest anime is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5512184d10804681038b4571.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If I didn't feel so stressed by college, I'd go back & finish W101, especially after all the build-up for the final level.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Public Service Annoucnement:

Prison School is the best manga I've ever read. You should read it too. It is NSFW though.

Carry On!
It's getting an OVA later this year. Probably won't live up to the manga's craziness/art style, but I can't wait to see them try.

Also, Toonami Facebook asked people to post the biggest fails as they reflect on the biggest mistakes Toonami has made.

*slaps the person who said "airing Bo-BoBo" & everyone who liked his comment*

Its hard to really say what the biggest Toonami fail was because so many of their blunders in the past were due to either executive meddling or lack of funds. Its hard to be mad about human face Tom when the Toonami crew hated it and didn't want to do it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tom the Tank Engine Face is really the only thing I can think of, and I wouldn't be surprised if DeMarco mentioned it if the crew didn't like the design. I'm sure some people will say "getting cancelled" or "getting shortened", neither of which was really their fault.

.....well MAYBE AoT reruns at 11:30, but again, not sure who to blame for that.

Regiruler

Its hard to really say what the biggest Toonami fail was because so many of their blunders in the past were due to either executive meddling or lack of funds. Its hard to be mad about human face Tom when the Toonami crew hated it and didn't want to do it.

-Hellsing incident
-AoT 11:30 reruns

Crocodile

I kind of want to say IGPX is one of their bigger failures. Not that the show is horrible but that its so boring for so long of its run (how do you fuck up mecha racing?) that it not only failed to garner much of a following but it tanked any future Toonami co-productions. Like imagine if IGPX took off. We'd probably have Cowboy Bebop 2 now (not that the show needs a sequel but you know Toonami would have reached out to Watanabe and cooked SOMETHING up). I, and I know many others, complain about the sad state of Action cartoons in the West. If IGPX had taken off it could have paved a way for a renaissance of the genre on our shores. Further prove that it was a genre worth investing in and financing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm still struggling through SAO extra so this fake invasion has brought new life to me. Should have it all done on Friday and will post it in two or three parts. Probably going to make giant gifs and link all but two or three of them per post.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hilariously enough SAO Season 2 is one of only a handful of things on TOONAMI I've gone in completely blind to. The last one being...Attack on Titan.

Even season one of SAO a friend had me watch the first seven or eight. I've also seen the first half of Kill la Kill, knew Hellsing from the other series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom