• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing else, pimp master deluxe here
pimp_master.png

is voiced by Michael Tatum, and I tend to enjoy his voice work.
He looks like whatshisname from Iron Blood Orphans

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
download.png

Can we not?

Can we just not?
So........Robocop &/or Terminator?

Like, how would you retain the spirit of Mega Man, an E-rated franchise, while making it R-rated without making it feel like a ripoff of other R-rated films involving a robotic main character?

Also, looking at the line-up right now.....unless AoT2 somehow turns out super good, I can't help but feel like we have one of the weakest line-ups in a while (at least in my eyes), the exceptions being Samurai Jack (which only has about a month left), HxH, & GitS (which is a rerun).

Puruzi

Banned
I'm liking this last season of Jack but does anyone else think it's weird that so much of it is focusing on a character that was just introduced?

Thought it was going to be more about the already existing characters but it's still good so whatever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just saw that Toonami will be at Momocon on May 26th, which seems like a good time to announce the replacement for Unicorn (which would be ending the week after) &/or Attack on Titan S2. There'll also be a live-stream as well.

Moaradin

I'm liking this last season of Jack but does anyone else think it's weird that so much of it is focusing on a character that was just introduced?

Thought it was going to be more about the already existing characters but it's still good so whatever.

I mean, it's not like there were that many well established characters outside of Jack, Scotsman, and Aku. Everyone else had single appearances in standalone episodes.

I think something like this was inevitable with the shift to serialized storytelling. Ashi provides a good counterbalance to Jack.

Xe4

Banned
Tatum definitely hams it up. Tsukiyama though...dude has legit the most petty villain motivation I've ever seen in an anime.

The second he showed up, I fucking knew this fucker was going to be a villain. It's like they were being intentionally obvious. But I'd rather have them go full cheeze than full edge, so this is nothing but a good thing.

I mean, it's not like there were that many well established characters outside of Jack, Scotsman, and Aku. Everyone else had single appearances in standalone episodes.

I think something like this was inevitable with the shift to serialized storytelling. Ashi provides a good counterbalance to Jack.

Plus I imagine it avoids alienating new viewers

Seda

Just saw that Toonami will be at Momocon on May 26th, which seems like a good time to announce the replacement for Unicorn (which would be ending the week after) &/or Attack on Titan S2. There'll also be a live-stream as well.

will we get an amazing livestream again

btw i no longer live in atlanta so no updates from me or anything

Grexeno

If you're going to give Jack some character development as opposed to the mostly static Jack from Seasons 1-4, you pretty much need a character to effect that change.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"we're pleased to announce we're remastering the 13 series so you can now own all three titles of the Lightning Trilogy on PS4 & X1"

Chase17

As long as Square Enix announces DQXI (either version) coming west in 2018 their E3 will deliver for me.

Won't be around for Toonami tonight. Going to miss the grand return of Tokyo Ghoul! (still haven't watched episode 3 lol)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shit Square Enix!

Square should do more stuff with Platinum if they were able to get Nier out in a fairly short time.
Well, short in comparison to Nomura's output. Not helped by XIV shitting the bed so badly they had to divert EVERYTHING into ARR.

Seda

Man if we don't see either Kingdom Hearts 3 or the FF7 remake at E3, then just WTF Square Enix.

What are you doing?

What are you making?

The last fiscal year for Square Enix seemed pretty full, so I expect the next year to be a little quieter.

I imagine Dragon Quest XI might be the release they give the most attention to because they need something. My guess is announcement at E3, release next Q1.

hey guys

what was the point of Sand Whale and Me?

I'll miss SW&M. I was just watching some of Oshii's Patlabor OVAs (New Files), and I feel he's earned the right make short, dumb stuff. If Old Man Hayao can draw a caterpillar instead of retiring, Sand Whale is fine with me.

Line-up has gotten dire for me again with JoJo's departure. Down to one "must watch" show on the whole block.

I hope they can pick up Lupin.

cntr

Banned
Woke up in time for Toonami! Woo!

Like, how would you retain the spirit of Mega Man, an E-rated franchise, while making it R-rated without making it feel like a ripoff of other R-rated films involving a robotic main character?
Adapt the Protomen albums.

Moaradin

Samurai Jack and HxH is enough for me. AoT is a worthy replacement for JoJo if it keeps up the quality it had in the first few episodes.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I did rewatch the first four seasons before fifth started so tonight's episode shouldn't be too much trouble.

Neoxon

Line-up has gotten dire for me again with JoJo's departure. Down to one "must watch" show on the whole block.
We'll probably have Stardust Crusaders once AoT Season 2 wraps up, so think of this as a breather period before we get right back to some good bizarre shit.

cntr

Banned
My current opinions on the block:

Jack: great!
Super: good for now, next arc will be bad, but then it'll be mostly good after.
Kai: starting to get bad, but hopefully it'll take some time.
AoT: not my thing, but I don't mind it.
Tokyo Ghoul: gonna skip it.
HxH: also great!
Shippuden: pain arc's pretty good.
GitS: really great!

Seda

My current opinions on the block:

Jack: great!
Super: good for now, next arc will be bad, but then it'll be mostly good after.
Kai: starting to get bad, but hopefully it'll take some time.
AoT: not my thing, but I don't mind it.
Tokyo Ghoul: gonna skip it.
HxH: also great!
Shippuden: pain arc's pretty good.
GitS: really great!

Not sure if you honestly forgot Unicorn or if leaving it out was intentionally meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom