• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
AoT getting better has made me wonder if I'm middling on the first half of the first season mainly because Tetsuro Araki didn't know how to rein himself in or if he was just reflecting the writing and it mellowed out a bit later on

Though I still remember the parts where the speed lines actually cause clothes and shit to move like they're being blown by the wind.

Line_HTX

I think Araki and WIT learned their lesson in what they messed up on in Season 1. Maybe that's why it looks much more polished and no stupid dragging out crap or missing footage.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I don't see why it spits in the face to a world that is casual about death

It just feels odd that the PT seems to have a power level that no one (not even those great super killer guys, 4 beast or something from before) seems... prepared for it. One part of how the show depicts power makes it feel like there's a lot of knowledge out there, and the underworld is well connected and learned. The other side feels like such power is new to this generation, and none of the old guard have any clue this kind of stuff exist.

and keep in mind our main characters aren't a bunch of nobodies, Killua comes from a family of assassins ,Gon is a world class hunter and Kurapika comes from a clan that gave the Phantom Troupe a good workout, as for the Phantom Troupe's reaction to Uvogin's death keep in mind we did see them get emotional with scenes of Shalnark and Nobunaga.

All noted. It's the same kind of stuff with most protagonist and antagonist; people are top tier, best in class. It'd just be nice to see more... growing pains, you can say? We do see some from our hero boys, which is nice.

Also it doesn't really make sense for them to be sloppy since while the death of their partner is tragic(to them) most of them come from horrible backgrounds so they are pretty much used to it.

Yeah, but like I said, it's like we're seeing 1 samey character, not 13. For instance, if Nobunaga was in the fight, and hears that this is a requiem for his close colleague, maybe he'd so something like get a bit too heated, and "overkill" a target.

Or maybe he'd see someone fall into the area that Uno normally covered, and he'd look for that familiar backup, only to remember it's not there, and he takes out the enemy himself.

It's cool they try and make this group seem unique, with their own spin on things. But when fight-time comes, they just turn that stuff off, and overdo the edgy cool kills.

Similar to this Injustice 2 I'm installing, there's obviously a lot of production and money behind HxH's stuff. But it'd feel so much better as an overall product with some changes in method and illustration of how things work.

I keep drawing more stuff. I want to do more Toonami related things but the Sonic superhero kick is inspiring me so much now. Just got done with Amy as Harley Quinn and Dr. Eggman as Dr. Doom.

http://doctor-m-chaotix.deviantart.com/art/Amy-as-Harley-Quinn-Superhero-Series-678769048

http://doctor-m-chaotix.deviantart.com/art/Superhero-Series-Dr-Eggman-as-Dr-Doom-680854641

It's heavily implied that
Joy Boy, the Will of D, and things like Luffy's ability to Hear the Voice of All things is meant to tie into him finding One Piece. It doesn't work for me because I always thought of Luffy as a lucky pirate, a guy who'll find One Piece and save the world through his determination and luck.
But giving him destiny instead of luck just makes him another special shounen protagonist. Pirates aren't supposed to be special, they're supposed to be lucky. It wasn't his decision, it's just something he has from being born. In retrospect, it probably was what Oda was intending all along, but it wasn't so explicit until recently, so I don't like it. Even in your example, it's pretty easy to infer that Dragon caused the bad weather and saved Luffy, and even if he didn't, it was luck that saved Luffy, not fate.

I dunno. I can't feel the same. I can see where some of this is coming from a bit but I feel like it'd be more... tangibly a problem if (One Piece Spoilers)
Luffy was the ONLY one who currently had the Will of D, or if he didn't get the voice of all things power at the same time another character also got it. And I don't even really know what the Joy Boy thing is but it's vague enough that I can take it as something that's awaiting SOMEBODY to do something with it but it's not specifying Luffy himself. I suppose it could be said that having the Will of D is something that could be specified for people who are meant to do something super special... I guess... but I'm not even really sure about that either considering all Jaguar D. Saul did was kind of inspire Robin and then die. That ended up being important, sure, but the way those people act feels more like the kind of thing it's focusing on where it makes them go out and do something important rather then just "Oh you've got the D therefore you're gonna do something important."

That said, if having ANY kind of hints towards it whatsoever gives off the same feel as something as super imposed as what Naruto does than I can see that. Sometimes a concept, whether big or small, is just something you're not okay with. And that's fine.

Heads up, y'all.

There are big unmarked HxH and One Piece spoilers in the Crunchyroll Surprising Anime Deaths thread.

Steer clear.

I keep drawing more stuff. I want to do more Toonami related things but the Sonic superhero kick is inspiring me so much now. Just got done with Amy as Harley Quinn and Dr. Eggman as Dr. Doom.

http://doctor-m-chaotix.deviantart.c...ries-678769048

http://doctor-m-chaotix.deviantart.c...Doom-680854641

Great work, man. Now I high-key want to see a Sonic/Fantastic Four crossover. lol

I also high-key want to see you and SAB do a collab drawing. 😀

Great work, man. Now I high-key want to see a Sonic/Fantastic Four crossover. lol

I also high-key want to see you and SAB do a collab drawing. ��

I've actually thought about doing those Toonami Sketch things too. Only I can't just do sketches. I have to full on color and shade everything and that'd take a while.

But I want to do something eventually.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still need to try GE2. I was rather liking Resurrection since it felt much faster & overall more actiony compared to MH, which just never clicks with me.

...oh right, there was a God Eater anime. How'd that turn out?

caliph95

It was made by Ufotable but it seems that looks pretty but pretty lacking from what i heard

Also YYH is good so far though haven't gotten into the spirit detective thing that is known for yet

It was made by Ufotable but it seems that looks pretty but pretty lacking from what i heard

Also YYH is good so far though haven't gotten into the spirit detective thing that is known for yet
Luckily the early bits of ghost comedy are good and Botan can be savage, "look at me I'm burning."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
McVrfu6.gif

Here for the ratings.

caliph95

They have finally started the Spirit detective stuff.

Also the teachers are complete assholes ranging from laughing at a dead student funeral due to how happy they are to threatening to cost a student his job even after he told them he needs it.

Chase17

Also the teachers are complete assholes ranging from laughing at a dead student funeral due to how happy they are to threatening to cost a student his job even after he told them he needs it.
I'm only four episodes in but there is that one nice teacher. Some of these teachers are crazy awful though lol.

Reminds me of Persona 5, though Yusuke would probably not give a shit if they had a mental shutdown.
Botan: "YUSUKE!! What of hero are you?!!"

So since I'm one of the resident sonic fans here guess I'll start this discussion and gander at the reactions the toonami crowd has on it.

This has happened today. the journalists are having their jokes and the rest of the world is having a collective laugh at the fanbase.

The fanbase itself is pretty mixed, I'm mixed on it too but hell I'm a dragonball fan playing Xenoverse 2 where I'm playing as a OC saving the dragonball timeline and enjoying the hell out of it, how fucking fanfic can you get with that?! so I can't judge.

Thoughts? knowing full well Dragonball does the same thing and gets away with it?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
because dragon ball has mainly humans or human-like creatures, or just have something like a tail but 95% of their body is still human

sonic's oc characters are basically for the furry crowd, which makes it feel more "eew"

Personally, I've never been a fan of "make your own OC" in games, & I certainly never was fond of "that" part of the Sonic fandom, so this just feels......weird.

Maybe I'll just have to see if I can make someone that looks like they were from the Sat A.M. cartoon & tolerate it that way.

also bloody hell, they brought guns back, because shadow the hedgehog went so well.

Edit: Holy crap, they actually did it. A VR experience with Evangelion.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Listened to the Toonami Showdown last night. Man, I know I tend to say this after every episode when I hear how it was different in the manga, but it's kind of fascinating just how much is being changed for this anime adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul. I seriously wonder what the thought process was when Pierrot decided to animate it, aside from "we should try to market this to the shonen demographic." Heck, if they made Kaneki more tolerable like in the manga & stretched the episode count to 24 to better fit the pacing, it sounds like we would've had a much better product compared to what we got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom