• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
gtdtXEl.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kai got better ratings than Super. I guess the fans heard about this arc's reputation and are sitting it out until Champa & Vados reappear?

Yeah, I think Gundam Unicorn was a mistake. Those ratings are abysmal.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part of me hopes this sends the message of "don't replace Gundam with more Gundam", even if IBO S2 is most likely much better/more interesting than Unicorn.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
huhwhat? where do you see guns?
Well, not REAL guns, but the "gadgets" just make me think of some of the types of weapons you'd get in Shadow the Hedgehog, like that weird chicken egg thing.

"The Wispons are unique gadgets that can be used both as weapons and for traversing through levels."

I guess I'm just not fond of Sonic using something other than....himself to attack enemies. See: Sonic & the Black Knight, when he had a sword. & before anyone says anything, I'm not counting crossover spin-offs like All-Star Racing or Smash.

So we've got 3 episodes of Unicorn, right? Will be interesting to see if they bump down some other shows like HxH for its replacement or if it'll be put in the 2 a.m. slot.

Listened to the Toonami Showdown last night. Man, I know I tend to say this after every episode when I hear how it was different in the manga, but it's kind of fascinating just how much is being changed for this anime adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul. I seriously wonder what the thought process was when Pierrot decided to animate it, aside from "we should try to market this to the shonen demographic." Heck, if they made Kaneki more tolerable like in the manga & stretched the episode count to 24 to better fit the pacing, it sounds like we would've had a much better product compared to what we got.

It's weird too because Kaneki has moments in the manga where he's a straight asshole that aren't in the anime and that just makes him seem like an actual person instead of this screaming moron we see each week

Shit just dies when Unicorn comes on doesn't it...

I remember that one week where instead of talking about Unicorn, everyone was talking about their favorite Fullmetal Alchemist openings.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Shit just dies when Unicorn comes on doesn't it...

I remember that one week where instead of talking about Unicorn, everyone was talking about their favorite Fullmetal Alchemist openings.
It especially went down the drain when it was moved later in the block after HxH. Heck, the only reason I kept with Unicorn was because HxH was on afterwards, but once the schedule changed, I figured I could use my hour before GitS better.

I am pretty darn pleased with those ratings. Did peeps decide to kick back for the mother's day weekend & suddenly have more access to TV?
Me, Schadenfreude, and someone else has it for PS4.

I see. Just don't want this opportunity shown to me from my close friend to go to waste. And out of all peeps on the internet, it is you guys I feel I can trust the most.

So I'm 9 episodes into Parasyte now. Sentai Dub is pretty decent overall, a lot better than Akame Ga Kill. The guy who they got to play Shinichi was pretty awkward in those opening episodes, but around episode 6 when Shinichi goes through the character transformation, I found the voice more fitting.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
There's literally nothing in the pipeline that's dubbed in HD.

SO it would have to be one of these shows:

Gundam 00

or an older show...but not too old, and would need an HD release.

There are still a few undubbed HD Gundam series out there that could be dubbed, which might be better then the 00 option. Like what is stopping them from dubbing G-Reco?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There are still a few undubbed HD Gundam series out there that could be dubbed, which might be better then the 00 option.

Well, yes, there are four without a good enough English dub.

In order they are:

Gundam AGE: The worst Gundam show. A show so bad Sunrise doesn't even put it up for free on its Youtube channel. A show I doubt will ever get a subbed US release even when they run the well dry.

Gundam Build Fighters, a show too good and pure for an English dub.

Gundam Build Fighters Try, a not quite as good sequel to a show too good and pure for an English dub.

G in Reconguista: NOPE. This isn't happening either.

Then there are two shows with a dub, both in HD, that never aired.

Zeta: Too old.
00: The show I came up with.

The undubbed shows that are also old are:

ZZ, Victory, X

and the one undubbed show, pre SEED, that was going to get a dub but they never got around to it: Turn A.

So my big conclusion is that they aren't airing another Gundam show anytime after IBO 2, if they even air that, until there is an HD release of Gundam Wing.

At no point have I ever wanted to make my own Sonic character. I wanna play Sonic, and maybe Knuckles.

Not Tails tho.

Never wanted to play Tails.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh, heads up alert, the Turner Network upfront is today apparently and if you recall this is how we learned of IBO coming to Toonami last year.

Raxus

Is it really good if it doesn't stick the landing?

Roundabout Naruto spoilers!
For the record I didn't mind the ending even if it started a very annoying trend, which I will get to when we arrive there. Also, yes I know I am in a VERY small minority on GAF. That being said considering what comes after you of all people will understand I will take a W on this series while we still can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom