• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you turn tails and get out of there?

8ErEiOA.gif

I'm still recovering.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I own the damn movie/OVA on VHS & even I think some of the fans are insane.

But then again, I think all fanbases have "those" people who just take things to the extreme & make the fanbase as a whole look bad.

cntr

Banned
Fanbases that improve on a franchise tend to be an exception rather than the rule in my experience.
Yeah, I stick to small groups when I want to talk about stuff. Things like this thread or rooms with maybe ten people.

It's a bad idea to get out there.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
As someone on the Spectrum who really liked the Sonic games on the Genesis and Dreamcast the hardcore fanbase baffles even me.

I just skimmed the thread but i assume or hope some of those were tongue in cheek making fun of fans like that
I've seen a lot of stuff like that in the GAF Official Fan Art thread as well so it's either a meme or it's some sort of fetish them dudes/tumblr girls are into. And for me to go "That's depraved" is like having Dio being disgusted by you.

Guys, today is the annual Turner Upfront where the various networks under the Turner name reveal their upcoming projects. Last year's Turner Upfront gave us the news of Samurai Jack's revival and FLCL's new season so definitely expect some news today.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm disappointed that there are no Echidna just because I wanted to see what that Loony former Archie comics guy would do.

TheSun

What always confuses me, and was pointed out before, is that those folk that like give Sonic shit always tend to post the freaking fanart.

Why do y'all have a picture folder full of Sonic smut if yah hate sonic so much.

Morlas

i don't come to neogaf to look at weird fetish art, i come to read people make stupid arguments about video games and video game companies....if i wanna do that there are other sites meant for it.

When I want to talk about Sonic I go onto a more focused forum do it. It's easy to get out my thoughts without encountering anything uncomfortable.

I'll rant about stuff too but I'll be sure to throw in a joke or two to be entertaining and show I'm not taking things TOO seriously.

Despite how "Original the Character" jokes are flowing in and how... embarrassing it is thinking about the character creator thing, honestly, it being revealed made me mellow out a bit on Forces. Might just be because finally knowing what it is relaxed me a bit. And seeing it in action convinced me that at the very least it's not anything fundamentally broken they're trying.

I'm dreading those cringey cutscenes where Sonic is gonna have to talk to Rad the Hedgehog, his long lost brother from the dark kingdom of Chronos, and congratulate him on a job well done. And I know it will be because the current writers excel at that shit when it comes to the regular characters talking to each other.

Sometimes I wish I was a fan of 2D games. Not really though. I wish more that people would just make things that didn't make me raise my eyebrow.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Seda

Yeah, I stick to small groups when I want to talk about stuff. Things like this thread or rooms with maybe ten people.

It's a bad idea to get out there.

I agree.

Actually this is a big reason why I don't post on gaming side much anymore. Simply too many people participating and discussion is lost in the flood of noise. Not only is it difficult to discuss due to shitposts or whatnot, but the sheer volume makes it too time consuming.

I agree.

Actually this is a big reason why I don't post on gaming side much anymore. Simply too many people participating and discussion is lost in the flood of noise. Not only is it difficult to discuss due to shitposts or whatnot, but the sheer volume makes it too time consuming.
I am usually in OT threads. My opinions can be a bit too weird for other people to handle. How I'm not a GAF meme yet still surprises me.

ckohler

Episode 57 "Twilight Did It Better"
This week Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler and Imperial Bishop discuss possible new shows, Rick and Morty cameos, dubbed OPs, toilet training, AoT being better without Erin, Mother's Day, Lucifer's Nen, Space FDR, slugs, and more adorable tanks.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode057.mp3

Timecodes:
0:01:01 Jack Marathon and New Shows Possibly Coming
0:11:27 Samurai Jack
0:20:55 Dragonball Super
0:31:07 Dragonball Z Kai
0:36:53 Attack on Titan Season 2
0:43:44 Tokyo Ghoul
0:56:48 Hunter x Hunter
1:06:45 Gundam Unicorn
1:08:58 Naruto Shippuden
1:14:12 Ghost in the Shell
1:15:15 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I never used to go to the community sections of this site or even visit OT's. Not really sure what changed but man some of the OT's on here are uhh... interesting. It feels like a brawl is about to break out in the Television OT between the FALD and OLED owners for example lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ARMS looks like a pretty fun party game.
I'm still not completely sold on the game, but I can give it credit that it's not just "Wii Boxing 2: No Miis Edition" & there's actual variety along with strategies on what weapons you should use/combine. But as someone who tends to prefer single player content, I might wait on this. Doesn't help the demo is only online for certain days & I really would prefer a single player offline demo to help me fully learn the mechanics.

I'm also glad to see they're going the Splatoon route of adding new content for free down the line to help support the line span of the game. I can tell Nintendo is putting a good amount of effort into making this a new franchise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
now nintendo has to do a crossover of twintelle & gonna be the twin-tail

they did the obvious with splatoon & squid girl

.....yet didn't do the obvious of arms & little mac or dhalsim or luffy or ippo no hajime or........

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I liked the reveal of the the volleyball and dunking mini modes in ARMS lol
ARMS Xtreme Beach Volleyball, or Tekk-ARMS Ball.

....but seriously, I do like how there's a decent amount of modes to feel like you're getting your money's worth. Though unless it gets some amazing scores, I'll probably wait for it to be $40 or maybe if there's some controller bundle, like how Splatoon 2 is getting the watermelon color combo Joycons or the special Controller Pro.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Every month makes me feel better and better about never doubting Nintendo when it comes to portable systems.

The next crow eating is when Skyrim does unexpectedly well this fall.

I'm disappointed that there are no Echidna just because I wanted to see what that Loony former Archie comics guy would do.

Penders would flip his shit and say that they are stealing his concepts!

Then probably sue every fan who would make an echidna character.

I'm really excited for Fire Emblem Echoes.Can't wait to pick it up Friday.

I enjoyed Awakening and Fates, despite their issues, but Echoes sounds like a much more solid entry in the franchise.

Episode 57 "Twilight Did It Better"
This week Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler and Imperial Bishop discuss possible new shows, Rick and Morty cameos, dubbed OPs, toilet training, AoT being better without Erin, Mother's Day, Lucifer's Nen, Space FDR, slugs, and more adorable tanks.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode057.mp3

Timecodes:
0:01:01 Jack Marathon and New Shows Possibly Coming
0:11:27 Samurai Jack
0:20:55 Dragonball Super
0:31:07 Dragonball Z Kai
0:36:53 Attack on Titan Season 2
0:43:44 Tokyo Ghoul
0:56:48 Hunter x Hunter
1:06:45 Gundam Unicorn
1:08:58 Naruto Shippuden
1:14:12 Ghost in the Shell
1:15:15 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Hahaha that image

It's still weird hearing my own voice in a podcast.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hahaha that image

It's still weird hearing my own voice in a podcast.
Thanks to P5, I finally understand why my voice sounds different when I listen to it via recording, but yeah, it's still a weird thing because of the disconnect. Especially when you change the tone or pitch of your voice only to hear it & think "crap, that doesn't sound like what I was going for!"

Regiruler

I had a full cash back deal for a hulu light sub and I forgot to use it because the debit card I had assigned it to was deactivated.

Bah. I'll pay $8 to finish jack though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom