• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

everyone made sure to do their homework today, right?

CXluvcTUsAAcX4m.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How is everyone's New Year's going?

Any resolutions?
My new years was spent stuck in snow for the 2nd time this week on my way to work.

I guess if I absolutely had to name some resolutions, they would be working on my self-esteem/confidence to try & get a girlfriend (had some friends give me some advice to help me), and fulfilling my childhood dream of attending E3 by saving enough money from my part-time job for the plane ride & maybe the hotel cost as well, depending on what's happening.

My new years was spent stuck in snow for the 2nd time this week on my way to work.

I guess if I absolutely had to name some resolutions, they would be working on my self-esteem/confidence to try & get a girlfriend (had some friends give me some advice to help me), and fulfilling my childhood dream of attending E3 by saving enough money from my part-time job for the plane ride & maybe the hotel cost as well, depending on what's happening.

I'm also trying to improve my self-esteem. I'm in a better place than I was a few years ago, but there's still a long road ahead of me.
I would rather go to Comic-Con instead, especially if Stan Lee is there (personal goal is to meet Stan one day).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm also trying to improve my self-esteem. I'm in a better place than I was a few years ago, but there's still a long road ahead of me.
I would rather go to Comic-Con instead, especially if Stan Lee is there (personal goal is to meet Stan one day).
Comic-Con is on my list as well, but E3 is something I've wanted to go to longer (I remember the days of reading of it in Nintendo Power as a kid) & is more exclusive (I've had connections for the last 6 years now, but couldn't due to financial or personal reasons), so it's higher up on my "dreams to fulfill" list. The fact I actually have an income now will hopefully put me closer to making them happen.

But to get a bit more on topic, yay for tomorrow being a return to normal Toonami after 2 weeks of marathons.

If anything, at least Samurai Champloo most likely won't be as "divisive" as Michiko.

True. It's a much more simple tale in many regards. There are less characters involved in the main plot, and it's more lighthearted than Michiko.

Man, I can't wait for the baseball episode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I expect Samurai Champloo to be better received over M&H. I don't think the whole "oh it already technically ran on Adult Swim!" thing to hurt the ratings that much, considering this was quite a while ago. & it's more well-known, so I would assume word of mouth of "oh man this show was great" should help.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I expect Samurai Champloo to be better received over M&H. I don't think the whole "oh it already technically ran on Adult Swim!" thing to hurt the ratings that much, considering this was quite a while ago. & it's more well-known, so I would assume word of mouth of "oh man this show was great" should help.

It'll do better because it's largely better put together, more well known, and superficially because it doesn't star a predominately female cast.

I like them both about the same but with the caveat that Champloo was slightly disappointing given its pedigree while M&H largely exceeded my reserved expectations for it.

Line_HTX

A lot of Champloo episodes were good and the soundtrack enhanced some of the scenes powerfully. Even the ones that are not included because they are ethnic tracks.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It'll do better because it's largely better put together, more well known, and superficially because it doesn't star a predominately female cast.

I like them both about the same but with the caveat that Champloo was slightly disappointing given its pedigree while M&H largely exceeded my reserved expectations for it.
I'm also going to be sure to point out which episodes are directed by Michiko and Hatchin's director. Spoiler alert: the first one is episode 5.

Top Bottom