• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers 5 Greenlit; Michael Bay Assumed to Return; Animated Spin-Off in Dev

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
It’s pencils down for the Transformers Writers Room; the experiment has concluded and the early results are in. Akiva Goldsman has walked away with a concrete blueprint to write a Transformers sequel for Mark Wahlberg to star in for Michael Bay to direct, with production starting in June. Ant-Man scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari will head off and write an animated feature, an origin story that focuses on Cybertron, the planet from which the good and bad Transformer robots hail.

The results (Transformers Writers Room) got Spielberg and Bay excited, which is no small feat considering they’ve been with the movie since its inception and have plenty of other things to capture their passion.

More at the link:

http://deadline.com/2015/09/transformers-writers-room-akiva-goldsman-transformers-5-1201531918/

orochi91

I wish Bay would do a Beast Wars spin-off.

That would be neat.

Organic Cybertron would be a cool story premise.

Sephzilla

uIVWl9J.gif

Takes place on Earth again?

Sigh, what about Opty flying off into space? Would have preferred a movie centred about him looking for his creators in space.

Age of Extinction was hot garbage (but then again, so was Revenge of the Fallen, and to a lesser extent, Dark of the Moon). Also, I'm done with Marky Mark pretending to be a smart inventor type, it does not compute.

Drayco21

I look forward to watching more of these terrible movies.

I mean, I wish we could get something with the quality writing and character focus that we get from the IDW comics or the High Moon games, but that's obviously not on the table. Age of Extinction was the best one yet, so there's hope.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2

That would be neat.

Why in the hell would you wish such a horrific fate on the best TF show of all time?

Stay down, Beast Wars, stay down. Wait until Bay moves on from repeatedly skullfucking this franchise.

"HERE I AM"
Optimus was mad as fuck when he said that during the last movie

I still remember the extended shot of the guy from silicon valleys dead skeleton lol
RIP

bryanee

Sigh, what about Opty flying off into space? Would have preferred a movie centred about him looking for his creators in space.

I did read rumours the a few weeks ago that part of the movie will focus on Prime in space and the other part on Marks character and other Autobots battling some kind of threat.

COME ON UNICRON.

Don't these movies make money?

Last one made a billion.

No one remembers it though.

it's too big to let go

Yeah I'm aware they make money, they just aren't for me. And as long as these exist the hopes of a series that does Transformers justice is still just a dream.

I'm actually surprised they still pull in numbers like that because I don't know anyone who still has an interest in the franchise, but that's just anecdotal

Age of Extinction was the most joyless and depressing movie-experience I've had since Garfield.

No other movie has felt like such a big fuck you to the audience. TF1-3 felt at least made by a Bay that was enjoying himself, but TF4 was him throwing in the towel and just getting that money.

Drayco21

Optimus is such a bad character in Bay Universe.

I kind of dig the fact that this universe's Prime is basically just a sociopathic, face-stealing, crazy guy obsessed with mutilating his enemies, if only because that's such an awful, stupid angle to take the character. I'd love to see a crossover where the other Primes meet him and are just really uncomfortable being around him.

Dion314

Neo Member
Optimus is such a bad character in Bay Universe.

The fuckin worst.

The first one was the only good one. The rest have all been dog shit. Is there any other franchise where multiple movies back to back are trash tier yet they keep getting sequels?! Who the fuck keeps letting this happen?!

Tizoc

That would be neat.

They did that with Beast Machines already, didn't do any good, and Bay would just make it worse.

Just don't put Overlord in this new movie, doubt they can do him justice.

I wonder if James Cameron could make a cool Transformers movie.

No. Too weird for him. He likes getting the science stuff right, so magical unicorns from outer space is not what he would want to do. Besides, this franchise began when he started rolling out his best stuff. He has zero connection with this shit.

Kinda wish I did too after those movies and other nostalgia related ones.

Supposed rumors that half the movie is the bots on earth with Mark fighting something, and the other half being Optimus meeting their creators in space

Prompto

Banned
Age of Extinction was probably the worst movie I've sat through in a theater and I say that as someone who enjoyed the first movie and the last 40 minutes of the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom