• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers 5 Greenlit; Michael Bay Assumed to Return; Animated Spin-Off in Dev

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSqueak

Banned
I still remember the extended shot of the guy from silicon valleys dead skeleton lol
RIP

I felt this was unnecesary and pretty grotesque, weird to put on a movie about childrens transforming toys.

It was so graphic, i remember catching the 3rd movie on tv and there is this scene where the decepticons are killing humans left and right and i was like "oh wow i didn't remember this movie having so many human deaths", but this thing? I won't be forgetting it for a long time.

Newlove

Couldn't get half way through Age of Extinction, it was so poorly written. I like Walberg but had zero investment in the douche bag characters.

"HERE I AM"
Optimus was mad as fuck when he said that during the last movie

I still remember the extended shot of the guy from silicon valleys dead skeleton lol
RIP

Optimus had NO TIME for that shit from Cemetery Wind, fuck those guys

And fucking lol, dude was comic relief and then got iced in the most cruel way possible. GET REKT

I felt this was unnecesary and pretty grotesque, weird to put on a movie about childrens transforming toys.

It was so graphic, i remember catching the 3rd movie on tv and there is this scene where the decepticons are killing humans left and right and i was like "oh wow i didn't remember this movie having so many human deaths", but this thing? I won't be forgetting it for a long time.

The 3rd had a lot more chaos and human deaths. Decepticons straight up murdering people in the street. All so Optimus can go 'See, we told you fuckers'

Mary Mark
Sword gun
Cables
The end.

And Fraser going THIS IS NOW A CIA OP

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Not to mention the human characters weren't dealing with their first world problems. Marky Mark's problems were a little more genuine. He's also a more believable action hero. Blackout was decent for a villain. Hell, he actually put up a fight in the end with Optimus.

Oh and Optimus hating humans was the perfect story. I actually wanted a story like that since the first movie because I hated the human characters so much.

4 had some good things going for it, and had it been edited to a more manageable length, I think would have been a good film.

bebop242

And I bet every single person in this thread will see it

I waited till Netflix for the last one, made it about 15min and turned it off. I have zero interest in watching any of them. I used to enjoy them in a dumb action movie kinda of way, but now they are a waste of my time.

I wish Bay would do a Beast Wars spin-off.

That would be neat.

No. It would not be neat.

Honestly, regardless of Bay, I love Beast Wars but I just don't think the concept would hold up well for a live action movie. It'd just be awkward seeing a live action cheetah actually talking, complete with a moving CGI mouth. Then there's the whole issue of scale. Seeing Megatron being a teeny tiny T-rex in live action would be silly, unless they actually tried to make each character's size accurate to their beast modes, which in that case you'd have a small Optimus Primal going against a ginormous Megatron.

Maybe Bay will have been inspired by Fury Road and ends up making a good movie!

y4w13gX.jpg

Abounder

Banned
Goddamn Transformers 4 was the most profitable movie at the 2014 box office, this is one hell of a franchise lol. Love watching the action setpieces though, dat 9 figure production value

Maybe Bay will have been inspired by Fury Road and ends up making a good movie!

y4w13gX.jpg

If only Bay would return to Nic Cage and Alcatraz...

VaLiancY

I just want a Transformers with a different director. =\ You got a good mythos and you keep making the same movie.

Matinee viewing.

Well shit, i wanted a different director :(

Maybe the animated project can get a different vibe going.

I am just tired of Bay's take on this. The cgi is still awesome though.

I will still watch :0

I wouldn't mind another transformers if Bay wasn't behind it, and it doesn't look like indistinguishable piles of metal flying around on my screen.

Bays formula got annoying by 2, insufferable by 3.

And yet that other movie with giant robots doesn't get a sequel.

the chris

Just give me an animated series based on the More than Meets the Eye comic series and they can make whatever crappy movies they want.

I saw the first movie in the theater but I've only seen the second and third movies with the Rifftrax commentary but haven't seen the fourth one.

one time my older brother and I got real high and put on Transformers 4 with the intent of making fun of it nonstop for laughs

like 30 minutes in we shut off the movie out of total boredom and played video games instead

no CGI Unicron, no fucking buy. These movies are the dumbest shit and if I'm gonna watch that shit I want it to be as big and as dumb as humanly possible so I can get some sort of kick out of it

G-Fex

LOL this is what TF movie fans deserve.

And no I doubt they'll base the movies on the tumblresque comic books

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
To put things into perspective, bay did 4 so he could get pain and gain made

Just when I thought I couldn't hate Age of Extinction more...
I felt like I needed to burn my clothes after watching Pain and Gain. It's so telling that Bay's passion project tries to glorify fucking scumbags while shitting on their victims.

I did read rumours the a few weeks ago that part of the movie will focus on Prime in space and the other part on Marks character and other Autobots battling some kind of threat.

COME ON UNICRON.

Supposed rumors that half the movie is the bots on earth with Mark fighting something, and the other half being Optimus meeting their creators in space

Hmm, that sounds better. I'm a little worried about them handling Unicron in one movie though, especially after what happened with Devastator in Fallen.

If they do decide to go with Unicron, this should be a set up movie with the sixth revolving entirely around battling Unicron.

UberTag

I was the ultimate diehard Transformers fan in my formative years. Watched all of the cartoons, lined up to catch Transformers: The Movie in 1986 on opening weekend so I could weep over the corpse of Optimus Prime, collected the comics for 5 years, had a collection of 80 toys.

I haven't seen a single Transformers movie since I got dragged out (unwillingly) to the 2nd one and bore witness to those ghetto Autobots that talked jive and some abomination calling itself Devastator with its giant robo-testicles.

So no... not every single person in this thread will see it.

I actually would if it somehow turned out to be a GOOD movie. But there's little chance of that happening with Michael Bay involved. And it seems highly unnecessary for these films to be any good in order to generate obscene amounts of money.

That said, I am highly interested in dropping a ridiculous amount of money on that new Devastator figure Takara's releasing this December.
I mean, just look at this goodness...

030720150501_1024x1024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom