• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Hero

HSeReit.gif
Election worth it

kmag

To be honest he answered the immigration question about as well as you can given his views on the subject. It's certainly far better than Labour have ever managed on the subject before.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so it's a clear vote-loser as far as that guy is concenred, but FUCK is it good to see to see Corbyn reject the prevailing political narrative and talk about state investment.

Like, fuck yes. Doing what everyone knows Miliband wanted to do but just wasn't tuss enuss to carry out.

kmag

I thought everyone was pretty much in agreement that zero hours contracts were awful?

They work for some type of people who actually want as and when casual work. (Students etc). Technically I was on a ZHC when I worked as a lifeguard for the local council as an undergraduate, although they weren't called ZHC then just a casual contract.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Less good on the nuclear stuff. Dodging the question somewhat - needed just to say 'yes, I would use the nuclear deterrent in response to an attack by others' (which literally anyone would).

Empty

that was brilliant. he did really well giving populist answers on his main weaknesses and hitting hard on what his pitch is all about. i hope people were actually watching.

Solid performance there, and I've generally been Pro-Labour but been very anti-Cobyn over this cycle. So a bit of bias, but I don't think I'm disappointed. Pleasantly surprised. A few answers could have been quicker and more on the dot, but he made strong arguments.

Let's see how Paxo goes.

Less good on the nuclear stuff. Dodging the question somewhat - needed just to say 'yes, I would use the nuclear deterrent in response to an attack by others' (which literally anyone would).

Yeah he can literally say that then go into his disarmament speech. I know his principles got him here but sometimes he's making life far far harder for himself then he should.

So, fear of immigrants is just mainstream in the UK now, isn't it? No one even questioning the reasoning for "bringing the numbers down!".

Especially with news of NHS staff shortages, among many other things, but who am I telling this? Doesn't look like a pro-immigrant opinion will have any traction in the UK for the foreseeable time.

So incredibly sad.

RangerX

Banned
I have to say I thought Corbyn did pretty well there especially on small business and the EU. Now comes the real gauntlet of fire with Paxman.

nOoblet16

So, fear of immigrants is just mainstream in the UK now, isn't it? No one even questioning the reasoning for "bringing the numbers down!".

Especially with news of NHS staff shortages, among many other things, but who am I telling this? Doesn't look like a pro-immigrant opinion will have any traction in the UK for the foreseeable time.

So incredibly sad.
That's the problem, if someone questions the number and the reasoning. And goes deep into the differences between non-EU and EU immigration it'll just be looked at as he is giving in and he's not going to do anything about it. The problem is with the people not understanding how it works but honestly I don't blame them as not much can be done about it because of how complex, complicated and bloated this whole thing is with several caveats rather than black and white.

So I think score-draw with Paxman potentially. I think they both come off as bad for not letting him finish / not answering the question so far.

Empty

neil is so much better than paxman. the question about benefits in the manifesto is a really good one that's a huge hole in the manifesto but he asks it in such an obnoxious manner and doesn't nail the issue. this is unbearable to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom