• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're just getting questions on 'what people said' vs 'what the manifesto says' which is a bit dull.

Edit: Oh look, another one of that, and he answered fairly well.

I hope this gets more interesting, and that he hauls May over for the remain support. That's gone quiet for a bit.

Headlines will be terrible for Corbyn coming out of this. Looking forward to the same questions for May:

"So, Mrs May, you've done a fantastic job with Brexit so far - how will you manage to live up to the high standards you yourself have set in the five years to come?"

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If we get one more 'someone said something 10 years ago which isn't in the manifesto, you suck' question then I'm going to stop watching University Challenge out of principle - and we're the defending champions!

slider

Corbyn should turn to the audience and say "look, Paxo isn't getting it but I'm working with / for consensus with the shadow cabinet".

Wes

venison crêpe
Paxman's whole problem with Corbyn is that he's not leading the Labour party as a dictator. It's just helping how Corbyn looks.

Empty

Paxman's whole problem with Corbyn is that he's not leading the Labour party as a dictator. It's just helping how Corbyn looks.

yes it makes him look more moderate but also combines with his message that strong leadership is about listening and collaborating not shouting

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Paxman's being such a dick Corbyn is coming off really well, I think, just by contrast.

Wes

venison crêpe
They've been making promises for 3 elections running and haven't met any of them - that was a nice riposte.

PJV3

Paxman is so insufferable.

Was he always like this? Was this always his style?

I feel like Corbyn is internally saying "Fuck off"

He got very rich, wrote a book about us being beastly to the generals of WWI and disappeared up his own arse. He's been useless for years, he's relying on his old reputation.

nOoblet16

Thing is if he goes soft on May then wouldn't a lot of public also think she is "doing well"? Cause all they'll see is one person having a rather difficult time with lots of interruptions and character questions Vs easy shit.

Tregard

Soothsayer
"There's nothing in there about getting rid of the monarchy so we're not going to do it"

Audience loved that, get the feeling they're not warming to Paxman atm

Hazzuh

I think Paxman watched the Labour leadership debates/hustings (2015 or the shitty sequel) and decided that Corbyn's big weakness is that he is easily riled and decided to try and get him to snap. The problem is Corbyn is much better understand pressure now than he was a year ago so it is just annoying the audience.

jelly

He got very rich, wrote a book about us being beastly to the generals of WWI and disappeared up his own arse. He's been useless for years, he's relying on his old reputation.

He also did some shit tier inside the EU documentary that should have explained how day to day it works but no, it was such a load of one sided shit.

Xun

Thing is if he goes soft on May then wouldn't a lot of public also think she is "doing well"? Cause all they'll see is one person having a rather difficult time with lots of interruptions and character questions Vs easy shit.
Of course, unfortunately.

Linkified

Paxman throwing softballs at Corbyn - and Corbyn fluffing it just when I'm coming around on certain Labour manifesto pledges. But that is all they are.

Wes

venison crêpe
DBBR5mIXsAA4Kis.jpg:large

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think Paxman watched the Labour leadership debates/hustings (2015 or the shitty sequel) and decided that Corbyn's big weakness is that he is easily riled and decided to try and get him to snap. The problem is Corbyn is much better understand pressure now than he was a year ago so it is just annoying the audience.

Corbyn was zen as fuck. I'd have punched Paxman and done a runner by 15 minutes in.

Surely a fantasy of Corbyn to mention tariff free single market access while acknowledging UK is leaving the EU and freedom of movement is going to end

This has happened a few times and is stated in the manifesto so it's not just tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom