• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

alstein

PC has the worst netcode, game is a ghost town, hopefully the new patch fixes some of the netcode issues otherwise this game is currently worst than MK..

I think PC has some inherent issues due to the ease of certain things like the screen exploit and lagswitching, and a ton of folks on wireless.

alstein

PC would have the least amount of wireless users out of the three most likely.

I can tell you that it doesn't.

Also I think the way PC version handles mics is also problematic. My guess is consoles set aside a max bandwidth for mics, while PC doesn't, which leads to more lag spikes when folks have their mics on.

There's also ppl downloading/torrenting while playing, and random system updates.

DunpealD

26 games and 3 wins. Sometimes I wonder why I try with this game...

You should wonder why you're losing. Losing a lot is ok as long as you're learning. I had over 60 matches in ST myself recently with only 2 lucky wins.

As others have already said, if you still don't have any punishes available your damage output is going to laughable. Nobody will respect your space, because they can get away with anything at low risk. A 3 x c.lp just doesn't cut it, there's neither damage nor knockdown.

Actually c.lp doesn't even seem to be a hit confirm unless you can react on first hit. The c.lk does a far better job in that regard if you try to frametrap or hitconfirm somebody, since you can end it with an mk Senpusha, thus landing a knockdown. Anyway if you're interested I can show you the basics, but depending on connection the lag might be too rough for that. I'm no Juri player, but it might be enough to point you into the right direction.

vulva

Onemic for some reason USF4 doesn't allow you to upload saved replays to youtube. I have some of those random honda matches saved though and I can share them in game. Message me sometime and I can show you what happened that way?

Onemic

Onemic for some reason USF4 doesn't allow you to upload saved replays to youtube. I have some of those random honda matches saved though and I can share them in game. Message me sometime and I can show you what happened that way?

Sure

Odd that its not letting you upload. It works for me on PS3/PC. DId you check your browser to see if it opened a window so you could authorize access to your youtube account?

kiaaa

have mini goals whenever you play online... like, i will anti air everything this person does etc...

Yeah, it's also important to build habits like that, even if it means losing more because you're focusing more on a single point. Play 20 matches (win or lose) where you anti-aired everything and you'll be able to incorporate it into your normal game.

Onemic

Yeah, it's also important to build habits like that, even if it means losing more because you're focusing more on a single point. Play 20 matches (win or lose) where you anti-aired everything and you'll be able to incorporate it into your normal game.

The worst is when you go in with this mindset and cant AA jackshit anyway >_>

Man I've only touched this game once in the past month and a half I think. That NFL/Fantasy Football vortex is too strong. But I'm really looking forward to Capcom Cup and hopefully Omega drops soon after that event. I'm really looking forward to trying that mode. At first I didn't think much of it besides the fact that it would be cool to fool around with. But I'm actually starting to think maybe it will gain traction in tournaments. We'll see though, I like some of the changes for my character so that helps.

Got to play a bunch of Ultra after what feels like an eternity today. Lost to Fuerte (big shocker), then went on a 6 game win streak on his Elena and a 4 streak on his Dudley. Felt good. Afterwards the guy said he hated how patient I played and he admitted that he likes using Fuerte because he can just push buttons lmao

Got to play a bunch of Ultra after what feels like an eternity today. Lost to Fuerte (big shocker), then went on a 6 game win streak on his Elena and a 4 streak on his Dudley. Felt good. Afterwards the guy said he hated how patient I played and he admitted that he likes using Fuerte because he can just push buttons lmao
Your patients is a damn weapon.

Owensboro

Me: "Oh man, It's been months since I played SFIV, I'm gonna pop it in and screw around online."
Opponents (all different user names): Evil Ryu, Evil Ryu, Ryu, Evil Ryu, Hugo!, Evil Ryu, Evil Ryu.
Me: "Godammn it."

DunpealD

Your patience is a damn weapon.

Fixed. Would be bad if some patients were his weapon.

have mini goals whenever you play online... like, i will anti air everything this person does etc...

Before you set a goal you'd have to know how to achieve it first.

PS3.

My lack of practice partners is why my practice is very sporadic.

Already offered you some training time, but I'm starting to feel like I'm in your ignore list or something. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well I play PS3 and need one im always up for a couple sets, though im pretty shit since I only started playing a few weeks ago.
My PSN is lord_daiki if you wanna play.

Same offer if you're new to the game or fighting games in general.

But since I'm EU it might be difficult, due to lag and timezone.

In any case I'd recommend getting the FA Tool app for your smartphone. To have some of the finer details of the characters conveniently ready.

DunpealD

That probably happened when I took a long break from SF4. But now I will take you up on it. :E

Sounds like the only thing left is when. You got steam? I'm not that often online on PSN recently. Send me a PM if you have.

On omega side it looks like eventhubs extracted some omega mode footage from some capcom streams. Adon, Cody, Hugo, Cammy, C. Viper, Vega and Dan and Evil Ryu, Rolento and Sakura. Original footages are from Digital Hearts WECG and CapcomTV featuring Chocoblanka and Momochi.

Well this really sucks but something happened to my PC and since I'm not a tech guy I had no fucking clue what to do. Even though I looked up the problem, it was over my head and unless someone gave me step by step instructions I will never figure out how to fix it. So I did what a lot of people might have done in my shoes, I reinstalled my OS(Windows 7). And unfortunately that meant that I lost my USF4 save data. My PP, BP, records, and all that other stuff is gone now. Can I retrieve it by doing a copy and paste job(or something like that) or do I pretty much have to start all over?

I'll admit I don't mind starting over but I kind of miss not seeing all the player data I've accumulated since last year when I got the Steam version of this game.

Yeah.. mediocre E.Ryu players are a lot easier for me to beat than mediocre Rose players.

True, they can never complete there combos. It's like fighting Ryu with slower normals. But when I meet better Evil Ryu players it can be a pain in the ass. Especially since everything I can do, so can he.

hitsugi

True, they can never complete there combos. It's like fighting Ryu with slower normals. But when I meet better Evil Ryu players it can be a pain in the ass. Especially since everything I can do, so can he.

Yeah, I'm not too big on E.Ryu mirrors as each side tends to go on huge swings.

Yeah, I'm not too big on E.Ryu mirrors as each side tends to go on huge swings.

That pretty much describes the mirror matches I had with this Dutch Evil Ryu player. We've had 2 pretty long sets and we were practically stunning each other every round. And even if one got the stun, if it was off a long combo where the follow up doesn't kill there were several instances where he or I came back to win the round because of the damage and stun that Evil Ryu does and lower health/stun he has. It's kind of nerve wrecking but to be honest I actually enjoy it.

About Rose, I share the same sentiment as you. It's like the character counters Evil Ryu so hard that she can play completely stupid and still beat me. I feel like I have to play so smart and precise to beat players lower level than myself because of the match up.

Hopefully this is a proper place to put this. If not please direct me to the correct competitive gaming thread.

My cousin just finished off his capstone project about the competitive street fighter gaming scene and competitive gaming in general and thought you all might be interested in checking it out.

DOWN RIGHT FIERCE: A Look Inside Competitive Gaming
A documentary taking a look inside the world of the competitive fighting game scene. The documentary explores various aspects of competitive gaming, including its current struggle to become a mainstream entity.
http://youtu.be/lznYJFYmq5k

Looks like I have one more SF4 purchase left in me. And it should be the final one until SFV drops. At least I finally have a reason to get the new MCZ fight stick and turn on my PS4 when Spring comes around. It'll be nice for any of us to be able to stream as well whenever we have GAF PS4 sessions.

alstein

Looks like I have one more SF4 purchase left in me. And it should be the final one until SFV drops. At least I finally have a reason to get the new MCZ fight stick and turn on my PS4 when Spring comes around. It'll be nice for any of us to be able to stream as well whenever we have GAF PS4 sessions.

If you're "just" a SF player, why get a brand new stick when you can play on PC? Crossplay to me pretty much guarantees netcode parity.

Not to mention I suspect most of the non-Arcsys next-gen fighters will be PC as well.

If you're "just" a SF player, why get a brand new stick when you can play on PC? Crossplay to me pretty much guarantees netcode parity.

Not to mention I suspect most of the non-Arcsys next-gen fighters will be PC as well.

I've started a stick collection since my MCZ TE2 back in 2010. I have 5 and the new MCZ one will be my 6th. Plus I figure most tournaments will be on PS4 so I'm going to need a PS4 compatible stick.

Top Bottom